Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NCI - The Cryptic Mausoleum + Stone Mausoleum Shelves

by d_dgjdhh Posted 8th Oct 2014 at 6:12 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2019 at 11:47 PM by d_dgjdhh

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:18 AM
Clever Community Lot Idea. Thanks for making an ideal spot for all the tombstones/urns. Ideal for when sims get the want to see a ghost , but dont want to be woken up at night by spookings. ;-)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
I love this! Great alternative to a typical graveyard.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:05 PM
Reminds me a little of the catacombs in Rome. The stone shelves are a great way to place a lot of urns in a single smaller lot. Very authentic!
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:40 PM
Great idea! But simple stone shelves that cannot be uploaded in lots? That doesn't make sense to me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I separated the stone shelves from the lot in case folks just want the shelves rather than downloading the entire lot. Also, I presume that the sims2pack file should be just the lot minus all custom content.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:07 AM
@d_dgjdhh - Actually, it would've been perfectly okay to keep the shelf meshes in the sims2pack. CC that was used doesn't need to be removed. (CC that wasn't- like recolors you haven't used in a lot- should be removed.)
Since you made the meshes, could you please include at least 1 screenshot of them on their own? (Since there aren't many recolors, it should be easy to include the meshes and recolors all in one screenshot.) And also edit the post to say where they can be found in the catalog, along with their cost? Thanks in advance.
RE Sophie-David's comment: I second that question. The shelves can't be included in a lot someone might want to upload?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
Ok, I'll add a picture of the shelves themselves soon.

For me, it's perfectly okay to use the shelves and link over to this thread to download from. So for example, if someone uses these shelves in their lot and want to upload their lot on MTS, their lot can be uploaded on MTS, and the shelves should be downloaded from here, if that makes sense. I think I misunderstood the original question, I thought it was regarding why the stone shelves and lot are not packaged together.

I was always under the impression that MTS wanted to have the lot by itself, and then the custom content downloaded separately (e.g. wall papers, custom windows/doors, etc).

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 9th Oct 2014 at 2:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I was always under the impression that MTS wanted to have the lot by itself, and then the custom content downloaded separately (e.g. wall papers, custom windows/doors, etc).

No, not all. CC can be included in lots, as long as the original creator says it's okay to. It all just needs to be credited. If you made it, then it just needs to meet the guidelines for whatever the cc is.

Edit: Just to clarify. Did you package the lot with the cc on the lot? Then removed the cc using Clean Installer? So the cc marker is still in the lot and they will show correctly?
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 3:40 AM
Yes, so I packed the lot with the custom content. Used the Clean Installer to saved a new copy of just the lot without the custom content (renamed it something else, as I understand that overwriting the same file is buggy). Then I uploaded the new copy to download.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
I do not understand why this lot is 'cryptic'.
Theorist
#13 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:20 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 18th Oct 2014 at 6:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Is cryptic 'cuz is a Crypt.

i told him that a week ago. All he did was subsequently claim that one my Concrete Lots wasn't really concrete.
The man is obviously an insufferable pedant (and silly goose), that is all.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:10 PM
Hello, I have downloaded the bottom file so I can get the lot and I have done everything I'm supposed to I think.. but I can't find the house anywhere? can someone help
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2015 at 11:07 PM
@jordenfox1

The "bottom" file is for an object mesh. It's not the lot. The lot is the first download link on top. The other three files are part of the stone shelf objects. You may want to download the top link instead.

Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 5:35 PM
As someone who plays one neighborhood for prolonged durations of time, I rack up my fair share of dead Sims. I never could manage however, to display the urns in a very dignifying manner. And it always broke my heart, that no matter how hard I tried I could never quite come up with something I like. You are my hero. You have filled in that hole in my neighborhoods. Out of curiosity do you plan on make more lots like this? As of now this is the only one in existence, at least on MTS.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 1:01 AM
I can probably recommend this lot from ScaryRob here (https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=538767) as an alternative.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:21 AM
thank you