Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:35 PM
Default Youngest TS3 players?
My daughter is 4. She can't read, so she needs a lot of help, but she does play. Right now she is in build mode, turning her entire house into a putrid pink nightmare. Of course she can't use CAST, but she can click on everything pink in build/buy mode and drag it into the world. Nothing is safe. She even puts pink carpet out on the lawn. She manages to keep her cat and her fairy sim alive somehow. I need to buy her cat a food dish and other cat things, but she does all the work at feeding it and keeping its needs met. She feeds her sim quick meals out of the fridge and socializes with random sims that live near the house. I was especially proud when she figured out how to get her sim to the public pool across the street from her house, go swimming and then go home.Aside from refreshing her familyfunds to 999999 when she spends all her money, I don't do much with her and the game unless she asks for help. I wanted to go out and run errands today and she started crying "Just one more thing, mommy! My sim needs to do one more thing!"

Edited to add: She just removed every single wall from her house. EVERY.SINGLE.WALL except for the ones that keep the toilet and shower working. her house is now just a big giant pink puzzle piece floor mat.

She started "playing" when she was two. She'd sit on my lap and watch the toddlers or pets play. She was thrilled with watching the sims go to the bathroom or take a shower and if any strays showed up on the lawn, I'd have to drop all my tasks and just focus the camera on the random stray playing in the yard.

Anyway, do you have any little simmers in your households? Sons or daughters? Siblings?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
That is so fucking cute.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:38 PM
I actually learned english a lot from The Sims 2 cause it's not my first language. I was about 5-6 years old and TS2 was my first Sims game. I would click on things like the couch and click sit and then I would see what the sim does and I learned the meanings, although for the next 2 years I thought "use" means to go to the potty.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
My daughter is 4. She can't read, so she needs a lot of help, but she does play. Right now she is in build mode, turning her entire house into a putrid pink nightmare. Of course she can't use CAST, but she can click on everything pink in build/buy mode and drag it into the world. Nothing is safe. She even puts pink carpet out on the lawn. She manages to keep her cat and her fairy sim alive somehow. I need to buy her cat a food dish and other cat things, but she does all the work at feeding it and keeping its needs met. She feeds her sim quick meals out of the fridge and socializes with random sims that live near the house. I was especially proud when she figured out how to get her sim to the public pool across the street from her house, go swimming and then go home.Aside from refreshing her familyfunds to 999999 when she spends all her money, I don't do much with her and the game unless she asks for help. I wanted to go out and run errands today and she started crying "Just one more thing, mommy! My sim needs to do one more thing!"

Edited to add: She just removed every single wall from her house. EVERY.SINGLE.WALL except for the ones that keep the toilet and shower working. her house is now just a big giant pink puzzle piece floor mat.

She started "playing" when she was two. She'd sit on my lap and watch the toddlers or pets play. She was thrilled with watching the sims go to the bathroom or take a shower and if any strays showed up on the lawn, I'd have to drop all my tasks and just focus the camera on the random stray playing in the yard.

Anyway, do you have any little simmers in your households? Sons or daughters? Siblings?

Please, upload screenshots from your daughter's masterpieces.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:34 AM
Oh my God yes, I'd love to see your daughter's creations too.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 10:09 AM
Isn't 4 years old daughter is not too young to use computer? It's not really good, you know. No wonder when for young kids vision gets weaken and they become addicted to the games.
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Isn't 4 years old daughter is not too young to use computer? It's not really good, you know. No wonder when for young kids vision gets weaken and they become addicted to the games.

Yeah, but it's not as bad as something like letting your little kid smoke half a pack a day, though.

Let's face it, kids grow up with technology. My daughter was using a computer by age 3 teaching herself how to read (and she asked for the program after seeing it, not forced to use it by us). Which was over 15 years ago. By 4 or 5 she was playing some Barbie riding a horse game, which was a first person 3D player controlled horse ride on a trail in the woods (and pretty cool at that time). And she grew up unaddicted to computer games. Although her iPhone is permanently attached to her hand, and it's easier to reach her by text than a call. So there is that.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:48 AM
Why is the game rated teen anyway? I don't know many parents who don't consider it perfectly suitable for their young children.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yeah, but it's not as bad as something like letting your little kid smoke half a pack a day, though.

Let's face it, kids grow up with technology. My daughter was using a computer by age 3 teaching herself how to read (and she asked for the program after seeing it, not forced to use it by us). Which was over 15 years ago. By 4 or 5 she was playing some Barbie riding a horse game, which was a first person 3D player controlled horse ride on a trail in the woods (and pretty cool at that time). And she grew up unaddicted to computer games. Although her iPhone is permanently attached to her hand, and it's easier to reach her by text than a call. So there is that.

Not worth even to discuss. Do whatever you want with your kid, but it isn't right. I won't do this, cuz I would care about my kid physical and mental health at first
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 1:44 PM
Not worth even to discuss. Do whatever you want with your kid, but it isn't right. I won't do this, cuz I would care about my kid physical and mental health at first

Coming from the person who has a smoking baby as their avatar.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
I have been playing video games since I was 4-5 years old. I still have the original Nintendo NES and if I could get the game to work I would play Super Mario probably non-stop. And I'm not physically or mentally any different from the next person. And I agree with eskie227, kids,they grow up with technology these days, not just playing games, but it's the content of the games that parents should watch over. If her daughter plays mostly Barbie games, then I'm pretty sure she won't see anything too damaging.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
She can't do any of the stuff that makes it Teen rated. She can make them play with things, feed the cats and that's about it. I don't save her games so they always start fresh and she doesn't notice. She only plays a few minutes a day -- enough to make her feel like a simmer.

Edited to add: She frequently just keeps the game running while she's not at the computer. While she was out, the social worker just came and took her pets away. I quit without saving, but she did cry a bit.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM
Jesus Christ, can we just aww over the cute instead of starting a child gaming morality debate?
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:52 PM Last edited by TheRedRaven : 10th Oct 2014 at 4:24 PM.
My two nieces loves the Sims, but I seriously cannot watch them play it. Their Sims are always rainbow messes with names like "jskgfbhab ddd" and one of them once named a Sim after the school she goes to. She forgot to feed her Sim and he starved, but Grim gave him a second chance, so she bought a teddy bear and named the bear Feed Sim so she would remember. They love animals, too, and every time they make Sims they need to make them a pet. Every time one of the pets has babies, their reaction is always "*GASSSP* IT'S GIVING BIRTH!!"
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Coming from the person who has a smoking baby as their avatar.

It's fake if you don't noticed this
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:14 PM
I played TS1 and GTA at three and I'm not like, a psychopath or something.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
My two nieces loves the Sims, but I seriously cannot watch them play it. Their Sims area always rainbow messes with names like "jskgfbhab ddd" and one of them once named a Sim after the school she goes to. She forgot to feed her Sim and he starved, but Grim gave him a second chance, so she bought a teddy bear and named the bear Feed Sim so she would remember. They love animals, too, and every time they make Sims they need to make them a pet. Every time one of the pets has babies, their reaction is always "*GASSSP* IT'S GIVING BIRTH!!"

If you can't write, you'd expecting the sim's names like 2akfhjakshfadkshfkadsjdhf dfkjahdkahsfjhf3eihffdkjhjf". Kids love write even if they can't spell. It's a kind of funny.

Do you know, posting ugly sims pictures are not against the rules.

Please post ugly sims pictures. We'd like to see them.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Instructor
#21 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
If you can't write, you'd expecting the sim's names like 2akfhjakshfadkshfkadsjdhf dfkjahdkahsfjhf3eihffdkjhjf". Kids love write even if they can't spell. It's a kind of funny.

Do you know, posting ugly sims pictures are not against the rules.

Please post ugly sims pictures. We'd like to see them.

Oh, they're old enough to write, they just seem to think it's funny to name your sims a bunch of numbers and letters. I'd love post pics, but I deleted their save file as soon as they left. My sister lives with them in a different state and she came down to visit and brought the kids. Maybe one day, haha.
Alchemist
#23 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 7:08 PM
I started playing when I was 7, I did not understand a thing but it was still fun until I learned the mechanics
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 8:00 PM
I watched my mum and her ex play an old Sims Playstation game when I was a kid. If it had influenced me then I'd spend all my time walking around or taking a shit.
Scholar
#25 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:10 PM
It's fake if you don't noticed this

I had no idea, thanks for correcting me!

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Page 1 of 2