Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnancy Scan and Reseed - Determine Gender and Number of Babies

by java7nerd Posted 9th Nov 2014 at 7:27 PM - Updated 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:40 PM by java7nerd

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:42 PM
This is a really cool mod. Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:54 PM
Really god mod. Thanks!!!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:08 PM
what do i do with the PY file and the PYC file?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:15 PM
Brilliant, thanks! Can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:42 PM
Hmmm, does this mean gender and number are determined at the time of inception? Interesting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:56 PM
Can I just say I love you!! Thanks so much for this mod
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yoshilord100
what do i do with the PY file and the PYC file?

The description says: "Installation Do not unzip the .zip file!!" That means you put the .zip file in your Mods folder.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:00 PM
Thank-you! This mod will come in handy for sure!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
Nice!! I'll check this out, thanks! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 10:39 PM
Woot! This is awesome! Thank you so much :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:41 PM
Thank you so much for this. <3
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue_butterfly
Hmmm, does this mean gender and number are determined at the time of inception? Interesting.

The answer to this seems to be yes, based upon lots of testing that has been done by simmers over on the official forums.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:12 AM
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:58 AM
OMG....You wonderful wonderful person...I really could kiss you. THANK YOU for this mod!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 1:07 AM
I have used it with my pregnant sim and I do not get anything in the panel tricks , check testingcheats true before and did not say anything , please help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 1:36 AM
Thanks for this mod.
Maybe I could give you a suggestion : Creating differents pregnancy tests with differents cost :

Normal Test (cost : 10§. Tells if your sim is pregnant (only if she is pregnant))
Specific Test (cost : 15§. Tells if your sim is pregnant and how much children she will have)
Special Test (cost 25§. Tells if your sim is pregnant, how much children and their gender)

I wonder if it is possible to do
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 3:11 AM
Great! Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:04 AM
I just tested it out, it works great! Put it in the Mods folder still zipped, have script mods enabled, did not turn testingcheats on, and have other mods like the larger households mod in there. I was excited because I've been trying to get a set of twins or triplets since the game came out, my couple had 3 single children already and right after trying for a baby (before having her take a test) I did the scan and it said she was expecting twin girls! Sure enough, little Scarlet and Makenzie Meehan have arrived and are pooing in bassinets as we speak lol. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:24 AM
If you can scan and identify the gender, does that mean you can change it?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 9:42 AM
Wow this is legendary....Now if I don't like the gender I can use that other useful mod....and start again....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:16 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:19 AM
This is very handy thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue_butterfly

Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
The answer to this seems to be yes, based upon lots of testing that has been done by simmers over on the official forums.

The babies are generated by PRNG at birth, however, the seed for the PRNG is fixed from conception. The mod works by using the same function that generates the babies at birth and seeing what gender(s) come from that.

Quote: Originally posted by Bebop Cola
If you can scan and identify the gender, does that mean you can change it?

To change the gender or number of babies would mean replacing the seed number with a different random seed and hoping it's correct, you could do basically the same thing by loading an earlier save (or using scumbumbo's temrinator mod) and trying again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ariblood
I have used it with my pregnant sim and I do not get anything in the panel tricks , check testingcheats true before and did not say anything , please help

Make sure you've copied the .ZIP file into your mods fold and *not* unzipped it, just leave it zipped.

Go to Menu > Game Options > Other and check that "Script Mods" is enabled and click "View Custom Content", if "Pregnancy Scan v1.0" appears in the list under Script Mods, then it's correctly installed.
Page 1 of 9