Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Langerak – 2BR 1BA

by plasticbox Posted 21st Nov 2014 at 3:24 AM - Updated 21st Nov 2014 at 4:58 AM by plasticbox

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:59 PM
Love it! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:48 PM
How on EARTH have you got the none-gabled roof on the porch to overhang the wall like that?! My hipped roofs always lie perfectly flush with the walls of the structure and I would LOVE for them to overhang slightly like this instead.
I installed your house in my game just to try and see what you did but I cannot replicate it, not even on the same lot!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:45 AM
Thanks is very beautiful
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
How on EARTH have you got the none-gabled roof on the porch to overhang the wall like that?! My hipped roofs always lie perfectly flush with the walls of the structure and I would LOVE for them to overhang slightly like this instead.

To get that kind of roof I'm recycling the Maxis "Agave Abode" lot from Oasis Springs. That one has the only eaved hipped roof currently in game. (I nuked everything from that lot except that roof, moved the roof to the 3rd floor, saved it as new lot, and now whenever I want to build something I put down that lot first .. so that I have a hipped eaved roof in reserve should I need one. Feel free to do that with my lot too, of course =)

I already harassed the build mode gurus about it, not sure whether they will ever put hipped eaved roofs back into the game .. they are certainly possible as is evident by the existence of this one.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:07 PM
Thanks for explaining. Hipped roofs with eaves just look so much more natural and correct. I can't understand why they would change a thing like that.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:34 PM
Thanks. Can't wait to play it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:12 PM
Simple and classic, good job ;)