Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated : Polish nails toes

by Simalicious Posted 27th Nov 2014 at 11:19 AM - Updated 24th Aug 2017 at 12:39 PM by Simalicious

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 6:01 PM
this is really good!!!
next time can you do more colours
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katietrainer
this is really good!!!
next time can you do more colours

No problem !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 9:32 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I've been waiting for toe polish! Thanks so much for taking the time out to do this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 9:41 PM
Finally! Thank you so much! Is there an easy way to make these available in the swimming category, please? I also have finger nailpolish that don't appear in that section.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 12:58 AM
As these are tattoos they are permanent and cannot be changed for different categories - they will always show in every category including Nude/Bathing. In CAS, just turn the filter off to see anything not showing in the category you're editing.
BTW, I like these too - about time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:44 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:36 PM
just in time! beautiful, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:54 PM
I've been waiting for this, Thank you.

Are you planning on doing the finger nails or do you know of anyone who has it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:04 PM
Danke
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RayleenB
I've been waiting for this, Thank you.

Are you planning on doing the finger nails or do you know of anyone who has it.

Finger nails are different. They must be long, in 3D so made with a mesh. I am not good enough with Blender to do that for the moment but you can easily find them in the web by google
Instructor
#12 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:35 AM
Nice job. Just as a suggestion, it'd be really great if in the future you could try to add custom thumbnails, so it's easier to tell what it is in CAS.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:23 AM
Yay my Sims feet can now look gorgeous in a pair of the old Aussie thongs.... AKA for everyone else..... flip flops....
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM
Cool thanks for these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:35 AM
Tattoos are not available in the mirror or the dresser. ?
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 4:36 PM
Is there anyway you can convert these to socks instead of tattoos, that way the color can be easily changed?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:33 PM
thanks you
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 6:29 AM
Hi! I was wondering, would you give permission to recolor these toenails please? Using tattoos to make the nail color is pure genius!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Is there anyway you can convert these to socks instead of tattoos, that way the color can be easily changed?

Excellent idea !!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shylaria
Hi! I was wondering, would you give permission to recolor these toenails please? Using tattoos to make the nail color is pure genius!!

Recolor ok but sharing only in MTS
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malicieuse75
Recolor ok but sharing only in MTS

Ok thanks. Also I was told I could download a CAS program here on MTS. Is that true? If so which one do I download? I am currently doing mainly recolors with The Sims 4 Studio and I want to branch out and do more. Im trying to teach myself Blender and Milkshape and S4PE. I want to start making my own meshes. Any advice you can give me is very appreciated.

Thank you, Laura aka Shylaria
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:45 AM
good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:45 AM
good!
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:16 PM
Malicieuse, I am really very sorry that you misinterpreted my creation of my own toe nail polishes on TSR. I did not and never intended to steal your creation. Yes, I BASED my creation upon your idea, but mine is not based on a tattoo and there is no mesh involved. Even though I did download your nails, I never installed them or even looked at them in the Sims 4 Studio. I assumed that they are based on a mesh, so I could not use yours even if I wanted to. Here is how I made mine, and I don't care who knows or even if they use my method to make their own. Instead of basing mine on a tattoo as you did, I looked for something else. So I looked thru the things in the Sims 4 Studio and looked at shes, sock, etc. I decided to try the pantyhose under accessories/leggings. I loaded them into the Sims4 Studio and could see an outline of the foot but no each individual toe. Then I found the YAhead texture which is basically the spread out full body skin of the female Sim. So I decided to export the YAhead texture, then export the pantyhose texture. I opened the YAhead full body layout into Paint.net and copied just the feet. I then opened the pantyhose in Paint.net, then pasted the feet into a new layer. I then made the feet transpart and lined them up with the outline of the feet in the hose texture. Finally I removed the pantyhose layer, and added another new, clear, layer and greatly magnifying the feet image, I first outlined the toe nails and then filled them in. I saved them to a dds file and loaded it into the pantyhose texture file. I went back and forth several times until I felt that the nails looked as natural as possible. Finally, I removed the panty hose swatch and saved the nails as a package and tested them out in the game and they worked except for a thin line of demarcation on the lower back where the waist band of the panty hose would be. Then I went on to use the first nails I made as a template and made the other colors. I am, again, so very sorry that you feel that I stole your nails. If that's true then all the people who are making fingernails on here and TSR are all stealing from each other because they are working off each others ideas. Look under the Sims category of the Sims 4 and you will see 3 or 4 interpretations of Angelina Jolie. The nails on TSR are my own creation, but I see now that I was wrong to not credit you or link to your nails here for coming up with the original idea. TSR did remove and reject my toe nails and are accusing me of stealing. I replied to them as I am to you, explaining to them how I made my own nails and that there was never any intention to steal anything from anyone. So its seems now that my time spent making my own version was a big waste of time. I wonder, if I had told you first what I wanted to do, would you have said it was ok since I was making my own design? Again I apologize for this misunderstanding. Thank you, Laura aka Shylaria.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shylaria
Malicieuse, I am really very sorry that you misinterpreted my creation of my own toe nail polishes on TSR. I did not and never intended to steal your creation. Yes, I BASED my creation upon your idea, but mine is not based on a tattoo and there is no mesh involved. Even though I did download your nails, I never installed them or even looked at them in the Sims 4 Studio. I assumed that they are based on a mesh, so I could not use yours even if I wanted to. Here is how I made mine, and I don't care who knows or even if they use my method to make their own. Instead of basing mine on a tattoo as you did, I looked for something else. So I looked thru the things in the Sims 4 Studio and looked at shes, sock, etc. I decided to try the pantyhose under accessories/leggings. I loaded them into the Sims4 Studio and could see an outline of the foot but no each individual toe. Then I found the YAhead texture which is basically the spread out full body skin of the female Sim. So I decided to export the YAhead texture, then export the pantyhose texture. I opened the YAhead full body layout into Paint.net and copied just the feet. I then opened the pantyhose in Paint.net, then pasted the feet into a new layer. I then made the feet transpart and lined them up with the outline of the feet in the hose texture. Finally I removed the pantyhose layer, and added another new, clear, layer and greatly magnifying the feet image, I first outlined the toe nails and then filled them in. I saved them to a dds file and loaded it into the pantyhose texture file. I went back and forth several times until I felt that the nails looked as natural as possible. Finally, I removed the panty hose swatch and saved the nails as a package and tested them out in the game and they worked except for a thin line of demarcation on the lower back where the waist band of the panty hose would be. Then I went on to use the first nails I made as a template and made the other colors. I am, again, so very sorry that you feel that I stole your nails. If that's true then all the people who are making fingernails on here and TSR are all stealing from each other because they are working off each others ideas. Look under the Sims category of the Sims 4 and you will see 3 or 4 interpretations of Angelina Jolie. The nails on TSR are my own creation, but I see now that I was wrong to not credit you or link to your nails here for coming up with the original idea. TSR did remove and reject my toe nails and are accusing me of stealing. I replied to them as I am to you, explaining to them how I made my own nails and that there was never any intention to steal anything from anyone. So its seems now that my time spent making my own version was a big waste of time. I wonder, if I had told you first what I wanted to do, would you have said it was ok since I was making my own design? Again I apologize for this misunderstanding. Thank you, Laura aka Shylaria.

Shylaria,

You asked me for recoloring, I said yes but only if sharing in MTS, you share in TSR and you wrote that iis your idea; NO this isn't your idea (and not mine, too) Sims 3 have polish nails. You just take others ideas even and transform them in other way. This is not honest and cool to do that. What will you think if I take your stuff and share it in my blog ?
Page 1 of 2