Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:17 PM
Yup, my game was patched. I found out that for some reason, the strawberry mod and CCLoader were conflicting. I'll try the new version of CCLoader and see if they still conflict.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 9:16 PM
this mod is great! i love it so much but i am having a problem, hope it can be fixed. i have premium content in my game that won't work without the ccmerged package in my mods folder. but the ccmerged file and the ccloader file conflict with each other. any tips on how this could be fixed?
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katiekatiekat
Yup, my game was patched. I found out that for some reason, the strawberry mod and CCLoader were conflicting. I'll try the new version of CCLoader and see if they still conflict.

I have had the same problem as katiekatiekat. CCLoader would not work if douglasveiga_Strawberry_Plant_v1.1.package was present in the Mods folder. This lead to an error message with the Banana Plant as I do not have Showtime installed.
Removing the strawberry plant fixed the problem (see images).
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:32 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 17th Nov 2015 at 2:44 PM.
@peter9g @lexiibaibee so better remove the strawberry mod until I update it.

Updated! Now works with ccloader.
Inventor
#30 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 7:22 AM Last edited by Arsil : 11th Jun 2015 at 7:38 AM.
douglasveiga surely doesn't need any assistance to solve this issue, but if this can help him...

This is a mod that replaces the cherry tree (it's simply a re-color) if WA is installed
or directly adds the plant/ingredient if it's not installed. I admit I haven't tested it
without WA (and probably the ingredient should use the default name for
compatibility with recipes that use it, presuming they exist).

I never uploaded it because I wanted to make a japanese cherry tree but then
I found out that those don't have edible fruits. Silly me!

Anyway, if there's already the plant (WA is installed), it simply replaces its
medator with a custom one, otherwise it adds the whole data.

Here's the relevant part:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_CherryTreeMod.package.zip (946.4 KB, 241 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
douglasveiga surely doesn't need any assistance to solve this issue, but if this can help him...

This is a mod that replaces the cherry tree (it's simply a re-color) if WA is installed
or directly adds the plant/ingredient if it's not installed. I admit I haven't tested it
without WA (and probably the ingredient should use the default name for
compatibility with recipes that use it, presuming they exist).

I never uploaded it because I wanted to make a japanese cherry tree but then
I found out that those don't have edible fruits. Silly me!

Anyway, if there's already the plant (WA is installed), it simply replaces its
medator with a custom one, otherwise it adds the whole data.

Here's the relevant part:

I thought about it, but there are some problems...

1-I want to use the CCLoader to ensure compatibility with others recipe mods. With a custom loader it's difficult to tell which mod loaded first.
2-Running "OnPostInit" after the loading process to replace the data is too late, because every single instantiated ingredient and seed fetch the ingredient data after the loading process that means they will always reload the old banana data before the script replace it...
3-Running "OnPostInit" before the loading process to replace the data is too early, because there is a small chance the ccloader didn't load the ingredient data yet, so I can't replace it.
Inventor
#32 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:10 PM
Yes, this solution doesn't use CCLoader, but OnPostInit is always called before CCLoader
does its job (which happens inside a EventHandler called way after), so it's safe.

Code:
// inside the constructor of the class
Simulator.OnPostInit += new EventHandler(OnPostInit);

Anyway, I understand why you want to use CCLoader for the banana tree and I'm sure you'll come up
with a brilliant solution, as always. If someone didn't notice, with the 1st June update, CCLoader can
handle cross references between its "modules", even from different authors (of course in that case
the risk that if someone changes sensible data the "dependency" will break is higher).
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 5:19 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I am having a problem similar to several here with the ccLoader just not being seen by the game. I have the CCLoader, the green apple, chocolate pie snack + spring harvestables ingredients and recipes, Icemunmun green veggies ingredients and recipes, and Cinderellimod's greek recipesplants ingredients and her cooking and ingredients overhaul. I also have the Banana plant and the coconut palm.

I took the strawberry v1.1 mod out after reading the above posts. I deleted the cache files and went back in game and still none of the mods that use CCLoader are showing up. I am patched at 1.67. I do get the error message similar to what peter9g posted but unfortunately I quickly clicked past it and did not notice if it referenced any plant.
Scholar
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:49 PM
I had problems with the strawberry mod at the beginning, but I really wanted it as well as the CCLoader so I messed around with some tunings and they now both work for me. The main thing is making sure DV's and EA's strawberries don't clash. I have DV's Strawberry Plant mod in the mods folder. For it to show up in my game I deleted the EA strawberry plant and ingredient from the ccmerged.package, but that didn't work. So I added a copy of it in the overrides folder too, (so, I have two ccmerged.packages, one in DCBackup and one in Overrides). That seemed to do the trick lol.
So now I have both the custom strawberry and CCLoader and all the custom foods working!
I love Arsil's' cherry tree too by the way, its so pretty
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:51 PM
Is there a mod folder... If so Where is it?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:32 AM
I put the CCLoader into my mod folder and all the custom plants/books also into my mods folder. Nothing works. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Am I supposed to be putting the plant/books files somewhere else?
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 12:46 PM Last edited by ombradellarosa : 18th Sep 2015 at 2:31 PM.
I am hoping to make it so my Sims can use the milk from the Milkin' It Dairy Corral to make Mozzarella, Parmesan and feta cheese from Cinderellimouse's and Icemunmun's recipe mods. I don't know if that's something that can be done from this mod but I don't know any coding so I would appreciate the help if possible.

ETA: Or if I can just turn base game cheese into another kind of cheese, that might be easier. Please let me know.
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Yes, this solution doesn't use CCLoader, but OnPostInit is always called before CCLoader
does its job (which happens inside a EventHandler called way after), so it's safe.

Code:
// inside the constructor of the class
Simulator.OnPostInit += new EventHandler(OnPostInit);

Anyway, I understand why you want to use CCLoader for the banana tree and I'm sure you'll come up
with a brilliant solution, as always. If someone didn't notice, with the 1st June update, CCLoader can
handle cross references between its "modules", even from different authors (of course in that case
the risk that if someone changes sensible data the "dependency" will break is higher).

I have been away from the ccloader project for some time.
I will test your solution more carefully later. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I had problems with the strawberry mod at the beginning, but I really wanted it as well as the CCLoader so I messed around with some tunings and they now both work for me. The main thing is making sure DV's and EA's strawberries don't clash. I have DV's Strawberry Plant mod in the mods folder. For it to show up in my game I deleted the EA strawberry plant and ingredient from the ccmerged.package, but that didn't work. So I added a copy of it in the overrides folder too, (so, I have two ccmerged.packages, one in DCBackup and one in Overrides). That seemed to do the trick lol.
So now I have both the custom strawberry and CCLoader and all the custom foods working!
I love Arsil's' cherry tree too by the way, its so pretty

I updated the mod to support the strawberry from the store too. You don't need to trick anymore

Quote: Originally posted by Ellie_Grace
Is there a mod folder... If so Where is it?

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...3%20CC%20Basics

Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I put the CCLoader into my mod folder and all the custom plants/books also into my mods folder. Nothing works. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Am I supposed to be putting the plant/books files somewhere else?

Check the correct version of the mod and basegame.

Quote: Originally posted by ombradellarosa
I am hoping to make it so my Sims can use the milk from the Milkin' It Dairy Corral to make Mozzarella, Parmesan and feta cheese from Cinderellimouse's and Icemunmun's recipe mods. I don't know if that's something that can be done from this mod but I don't know any coding so I would appreciate the help if possible.

ETA: Or if I can just turn base game cheese into another kind of cheese, that might be easier. Please let me know.

Arsil created some very helpful tutorials about cc ingredients in the modding and create forum. Just use the search tool to find it.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 11:14 PM
I too was having problems with this not appearing - I had to put the CCLoader file in overrides, but after that the test ingredient files worked fine when placed in a "Packages" subfolder.

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Inventor
#40 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 5:14 PM
Oh, hey. There's been a reply to this thread as recent as a month ago. I wasn't sure if it was more useful to add to an existing thread about CCLoader or start a new question thread. I'll start here, and if I don't hear back in a while, I'll try the other .

I'm curious to know if CCLoader could be expanded to connect birthday and wedding cakes to their slices so that we could recolor them with matching slices.

I've built a custom Escargot recipe using CCLoader that even has a custom cooking process. I'm quite proud of it, but I'm stalled out on retexturing the food mesh (cookies). Coding is definitely my strong suit when compared to art. Birthday cakes seem to be foodServe and the slices are foodEat, but since they aren't recipes, I can't connect them using a CCLoader recipe. I created a cake recipe using all the FoodBirthdayCakeBakery meshes and the BakedAngelFoodCake Recipe_Class (in Recipes.xml from the CCLoader templates). This cooked just fine, looked great, AND had a matching slice, but it wasn't actually a birthday cake.

I'm kind of fine with that for birthday cakes, since I can Trigger Age Transition using MasterController, then invite everyone to have a slice of cake. Close enough for government work. But you can't really do anything like that for wedding cakes.

Now that I write this, I see it probably should have been its own post, but I'll hit send and worry about it later.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 6:38 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 9th Dec 2015 at 2:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
Oh, hey. There's been a reply to this thread as recent as a month ago. I wasn't sure if it was more useful to add to an existing thread about CCLoader or start a new question thread. I'll start here, and if I don't hear back in a while, I'll try the other .

I'm curious to know if CCLoader could be expanded to connect birthday and wedding cakes to their slices so that we could recolor them with matching slices.

I've built a custom Escargot recipe using CCLoader that even has a custom cooking process. I'm quite proud of it, but I'm stalled out on retexturing the food mesh (cookies). Coding is definitely my strong suit when compared to art. Birthday cakes seem to be foodServe and the slices are foodEat, but since they aren't recipes, I can't connect them using a CCLoader recipe. I created a cake recipe using all the FoodBirthdayCakeBakery meshes and the BakedAngelFoodCake Recipe_Class (in Recipes.xml from the CCLoader templates). This cooked just fine, looked great, AND had a matching slice, but it wasn't actually a birthday cake.

I'm kind of fine with that for birthday cakes, since I can Trigger Age Transition using MasterController, then invite everyone to have a slice of cake. Close enough for government work. But you can't really do anything like that for wedding cakes.

Now that I write this, I see it probably should have been its own post, but I'll hit send and worry about it later.

No need to create script. Cakes are recipes too but i don't know how to make this connection.
Inventor
#42 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
No need to create script. Cakes are recipes too but i don't know how to make this connection.

So birthday/wedding cakes are consider recipes? Huh.

I do see in Cake Slice and Wedding Cake Slice recipes in RecipeMasterList. These refer to the foodEat meshes of the base game birthday cake and the Generations wedding cake. There's no reference to the foodServe object (object? mesh? I don't know my terminology) in RecipeMasterList. It's possible it could be someplace ELSE of course.

If one could create a recipe and attach a blow candles/cut wedding cake interaction to it, imagine the variety that could be added to the game.

Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
So birthday/wedding cakes are consider recipes? Huh.

I do see in Cake Slice and Wedding Cake Slice recipes in RecipeMasterList. These refer to the foodEat meshes of the base game birthday cake and the Generations wedding cake. There's no reference to the foodServe object (object? mesh? I don't know my terminology) in RecipeMasterList. It's possible it could be someplace ELSE of course.

If one could create a recipe and attach a blow candles/cut wedding cake interaction to it, imagine the variety that could be added to the game.

The food serve is a static object that is why we don't have a foodServe for cakes. You can clone it like any other object and modify the model as you want. The foodEat (recipe) is instantiated everytime a sim push the eat interaction. Now I recall, probably this requires custom script for cakes because the cake needs to know the correct foodEat (recipe key) to instantiate.
Inventor
#44 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
The food serve is a static object that is why we don't have a foodServe for cakes. You can clone it like any other object and modify the model as you want. The foodEat (recipe) is instantiated everytime a sim push the eat interaction. Now I recall, probably this requires custom script for cakes because the cake needs to know the correct foodEat (recipe key) to instantiate.

OK, now we're on the same page. It looks from the outside like this would be similar to the stuff CCLoader already does. Is that true? Do you have any idea?

Thanks for your time!

Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:00 AM
That would require scripting that runs while the game is running versus just loading information at the start. Cakes (birthday and wedding cakes specifically) are a special class of serving containers that have their own script class. Yes they have their own recipes defined in their xmls which allows servings of food of the associated recipe to be cooked, but what you get from that is a generic serving of food with a generic food prop object set to the model specified by its recipe as you've seen.

In order for it to function as a cake object the serving itself has to be created with the special cake script class at the end of its cooking process. It's at that point that a script mod would have to come in since the game by default won't do this. The exception (sort of) to this is with the bakers station from the store, where the initial generic serving that is created when cooking is destroyed and replaced with an actual cake object at the end of the baking interaction. The Cook With Any Ingredients mod does the same thing when cooking any of the store cakes to produce actual cakes vs generic servings of food.

Anyways, I can't speak for douglasveiga, but though it's possible to do with scripting, it's perhaps a task that could be put into another mod since CCLoader so far deals mostly with loading XMLs at the start of the game as far as I'm aware.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:08 AM
... or (I just realized this after typing that previous post), I could toss that functionality into the Cook With Any Ingredient mod since it already specifically produces the actual cake objects when cooking any of the store cakes as of now. All it would take from a custom recipe creator would be to give the recipe a RecipeKey that could be read to signal the mod to do this, say anything containing either the phrase "BirthdayCake" or "WeddingCake" in it (to separate the two types). But if douglasveiga would like to add this to CCLoader itself so that users don't require the extra mod that's fine as well

(Sorry if this came off as mod jacking!)
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 9:17 AM
@icarus_allsorts I would actually like to see mods integrate so that shouldn't come as mod jacking I guess though the decision lies with OP as well
Inventor
#48 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 7:05 PM
Icarus_allsorts: Thanks so much for this explanation! I've spent entirely too much time sifting through the bakery birthday cake store object, trying to figure out how the slice is associated with the cake based on what I learned from CCLoader. This was way above my pay grade for Sims modding. I can see why it hasn't been done before now, and it's beyond me to do it .

However, if you, douglasveiga, or anyone else with the scripting chops felt the call to do this, I would personally want to give you a great big virtual kiss. The birthday cake object has got to be one of the most frequently used objects in the game. It's amazing how morbidly bored I've become with it after staring at it for 6 years. There are at least a dozen truly breathtaking birthday cake recolors already out there in CCland, but they've always been jarring to use because the cake slices don't match.

Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
All it would take from a custom recipe creator would be to give the recipe a RecipeKey that could be read to signal the mod to do this, say anything containing either the phrase "BirthdayCake" or "WeddingCake" in it (to separate the two types). But if douglasveiga would like to add this to CCLoader itself so that users don't require the extra mod that's fine as well

(Sorry if this came off as mod jacking!)

Smart solution. Go ahead.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:11 PM
Okay, I've updated the Cook With Any Ingredient mod with the ability to cook custom cakes. For this to work though, in addition to the custom cake recipe (which CCLoader can be used to load into the game), you'd also need an actual custom cake object to go with it (which can be a cloned version of the base game birthday cake or the Generations wedding cake, with the model/meshes/etc appropriately modified. Unfortunately this part is outside my area of expertise).

Now to "tie" the recipe and the object together, the object needs an "instance name" that the mod can read use to create the object at the end of the cooking process. Decide on a unique instance name for your cake object (for example the base game birthday cake uses the instance name "FoodBirthdayCake". No actual restrictions on what name to use here so long as it is unique). According to Arsil in one of his posts here, an NGMP resource is needed to "links" this instance name to the actual object. The data in the NGMP resource should contain

NameHash: FNV64 Hash of the unique instance name here; Instance: Instance value of the object's OBJD/OBJK resource here

(I'm not sure if the instance value for the NGMP resource itself matters, I'm guessing not. You could try the same instance value as the object's OBJD/OBJK which is the convention followed by the store objects I've looked at)

Finally, for the mod to know to use this instance name to create this object when a sim cooks this specific recipe, the XML defining the recipe will require this line:

<Harvestable_Name>unhashed instance name here</Harvestable_Name>

(This line is blank for every recipe save for horse granola. The mod now checks for any recipe other than horse granola that has this line filled in and will attempt to create the object defined by the entry to replace the serving of food that is usually created when the recipe is cooked)

And that, in theory, should be enough (sadly I've been unable to test this method on anything other than the actual base game birthday cake and Generations wedding cake). When a group serving of the custom cake recipe is cooked, an ordinary group serving of the cake is first made as per the regular recipe specifications, which is then replaced by the mod by the object created with the instance name obtained fromthe recipe's "HarvestableName" as defined in the XML.
Page 2 of 3