Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:35 PM
Shocked me again, usually the price of an EP is $10 less than the base game.

You can pre-order on Origin.

Source

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:35 PM
I hope they add a new town.

Bussiness and coffee shops hell yes! Thats good
The carreers, if they're like ambitions, then no thanks
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:36 PM
I'm hoping Sims can own bars.

Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Probably a hub town like Bluewater Village from OFB.

Oh I'm sure. I just like little bits of snark being sent TS4's way :P

Quote: Originally posted by Lewisb40
5. New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighbourhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.

So we're getting new neighborhoods (hopefully for Sims to live in this time) AND a retail district? *still trying not to get too excited*

Quote:
7. Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us! Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!

Pleeeeease tell me abductions and Mpregs are back!
Instructor
#29 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Did you get the official page announcement, Matrix?
http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-to-work

Thanks @lewisb40
Quote:
Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!

5. New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighbourhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.

6. Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.

I guess this answer a few questions...still I need to see it with my eyes.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Instructor
#30 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:50 PM
Yay Aliens! They'd better be like the ones in the Sims 3 rather then in the Sims 2 though, since we are paying extra for them.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:54 PM
I think I preferred the TS2 aliens. At least they came when I wanted them to come and abducted the sim who was actually using the telescope instead of any random sim on the lot. I can't tell you how many times I had a sim put like a million space rocks in their pockets and use the telescope for hours with no breaks....only for the aliens to abduct their parents, spouses, or children instead.
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:58 PM
Yes but the alien babies were just Sims with different looks in gameplay, which was what I was actually referring too.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:58 PM
Looked all over Origin's GTW page and didn't see the date confirmed. Guess we have to wait the week before for an announcement.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:58 PM
Did you know:
Photography has been a feature in the first expansions of TS2, 3 and 4.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Ri...g?cb=1412974981

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#35 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:01 PM
Going through the screenshots and listing everything I see in the spoiler below:
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Holy bless myself, just spent two hours doing that, hope this helps you matrix and anyone else!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Going through the screenshots and listing everything I see in the spoiler below:

Holy bless myself, just spent two hours doing that, hope this helps you matrix and anyone else!

Bless you, child.

I'm home sick, so I'm not sure how much effort I should put forth, considering I didn't even finish Outdoor Retreat.

Theorist
#37 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Bless you, child.

I'm home sick, so I'm not sure how much effort I should put forth, considering I didn't even finish Outdoor Retreat.
'

Anytime! I think I missed a few small things, and intentionally left out some things because I couldn't describe them, but that's like 98.9% of everything in the shots lol.

Hope you get better!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:30 PM
Thank you.

Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:34 PM
Looks good, I'm willing to bet that only Sims that aren't being played can be put in jail, and if you switch to that family they have to pay bail?
Hmmm.
Scholar
#40 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:40 PM
So it seems the old careers remain the same? Hmm...I think I'm going to take on making some other careers fully working and hiding the non-active versions...

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#41 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:54 PM
*sings* with my freeze ray I will... stop the world.

I'm optimistic again, but that doesn't mean rubbish because I was optimistic about Outdoor Retreat, yet didn't buy it. Still feels good that someone is listening and.. what if this means a free baby? Probably doesn't.

Edit - Nope. The guy with the baby is standing by the hospital bassinet type thing. EA loves sneaking things into the trailer. Anyone spot an alien?

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Mad Poster
#42 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:05 PM
Is that like the Sims 2 lie detector on the right? Probably not, just decor.

Theorist
#43 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:18 PM
Is that like the Sims 2 lie detector on the right? Probably not, just decor.

Are you referring to computer console with the printer and camera?

Also @matrix54 regarding that photography tip, the real question is.... Which one will come out on top?
Instructor
#44 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:20 PM
Shocked me again, usually the price of an EP is $10 less than the base game.

40 dollars? Considering I paid 45 for the base game, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:21 PM
Probably 3.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:36 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss I'm so here for Get To Work expansion pack
The fact that this is the first EP is incredible. It kinda makes me want to forgive EA for lacking some features in the base game.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:39 PM
I wonder if the crime and punishment portion of this EP means the return of burglars? Or they're gonna patch them later... Again...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Theorist
#48 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beyond Sims
The Sims 4 First Expansion Pack, Get To Work, Coming April 2015!
Today EA held a conference call which we were kindly invited to, where they announced at The Sims 4’s first expansion pack will be coming in April 2015! The first expansion is called Get To Work and will bring active careers and the ability to own your own retail business! And mixes together two highly requested themes, Ambitions and Open for Business!

You’ll be able to take active control of your Sims’ careers in 3 new career options or you can be your own boss by opening and managing your own retail business.

Fan Email Asset

New Career Options
The Doctor Career
Choose to save lives and for the first time ever, you can deliver babies! You get to go to work in an all-new hospital venue and use the surgery table.

Detective Career
Track clues and piece them together as you solve big cases! Take your Sim to work a the police station venue and use objects like the interrogation table. Get some good cop/bad cop mojo going on and try to interrogate other Sims.

Scientist Career
Experiment with all new inventions in the science lab using the invention constructor, which we’ll find out more about in the future. This new object is sort oa mix between a 3D printer and Jarvis from Iron Man – create amazing new objects and use for good or bad!

Create your own retail business
You can create and manage your own retail businesses. It all starts in build mode where you can create any kind of business. Run a clothing boutique, art gallery and even stock shelves with books.

Customise everything from the items, hire and fire employees, set the prices and schmooze customers to sell them your products!

Your Sims can even live out one of the new careers by week and then dabble with their passion for baking and sell their creations on the side to earn some extra Simoleons!

Two New Skills
Two new skills arrive with Get to Work which tie directly in with running your own business. These are photography and baking!

Capture picture perfect photos or bake and decorate delicious cakes to stock in your own bakery. In addition, you can turn all of your hobbies into enterprises.

Coming April 2015
More information will be coming over the next few weeks and this first expansion pack will be packed with fun new things for Sims to be able to see and do!

It will launch on PC (physical disk and digital download) and Mac (digital download) simultaneously!

Someone posted that on the official forums from BeyondSims
So baking and photography are confirmed skills.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:01 PM

why did i pick this username
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:05 PM
I don’t know for what I am happier. OFB, hospital or jail, I love this expansion and I have want hospital in my game forever. Jail also it would be fun, I have some sims in my game that I very much like to interrogate, and then throw to jail to rot…. Mouahaha, yes, let’s hope that it would be possible.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 447