Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:07 PM
Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is going to sell really well.

Is there no new neighborhood however, it will flop. As we saw on the trailer, could it be possible to deliver others babies?!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:08 PM
I need to know how running a boutique works. Selling a decorative pile of clothes doesn't count as running one. The mannequins are cute, but imagination can only take the Sims gameplay so far, and EA seems to reply on it in the strangest of places.

If I were to go out and go shopping, I do not want to buy a deco clothes pile.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#53 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:11 PM
According to the announcement there are "new neighbourhoods", but I think that just means sub-worlds. Which is good because the current world size is much too small. Unfortunately I suspect there won't be much if any room left over for residential lots after you build all the different businesses.

And I'm interested in how the bookstores will work, myself. Hopefully they will also add the ability for Sims that write books to have book signings in a bookstore!
Instructor
#54 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is going to sell really well.

Is there no new neighborhood however, it will flop. As we saw on the trailer, could it be possible to deliver others babies?!

I read it as if it's a part of the new doctor career, so I would think we'll be able to deliver others babies.

"Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies!" Source
Theorist
#55 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I need to know how running a boutique works. Selling a decorative pile of clothes doesn't count as running one. The mannequins are cute, but imagination can only take the Sims gameplay so far, and EA seems to reply on it in the strangest of places.

If I were to go out and go shopping, I do not want to buy a deco clothes pile.

Yeah people are currently raising concern about this on the official forums, additionally if this means that CAS will now be limited a clothing will have to be purchased. IMO, the best thing to do would probably have an on and off toggle in options or a cheat to ignore buying clothing.

@ZenGarden
Quote:
could it be possible to deliver others babies?!

Holy shit, you brought up a great point... Currently in the game, there's no story progression right? So that means Sims aren't actively having children and giving birth? Could that mean that some form of story progression would be implemented with this to allow us to deliver other babies?!?!
Forum Resident
#56 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:16 PM
So, there you have it: The bakeries scenes are confirmed to be staged. Sims won't be served or eat there, they will just buy whatever you put on the displays.

It makes me believe the clothing stores will be staged as well (how do you even sell clothes?).

I wonder if the OFB mechanics will take a realistic aproach and be more hands on like this...

... or if it's all going to be fake like TS3, where I simply drop and drag items left and right while my costumers buy randomly, forever, and stuffing the items into their asses while the money symbol appears (which is most likely going to be the case?).

The fact that the bakery set is staged doesn't make things look very promising to me. It's going to suck if they miss the OFB mechanics with that oversimplified crap they did for TS3. Even the resorts, which were a bit better developed than the store stuff, left me hanging there with no real thing to do or to think about after you set the basics (and the broken mechanics didn't really help)...
Field Researcher
#57 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
So, there you have it: The bakeries scenes are confirmed to be staged. Sims won't be served or eat there, they will just buy whatever you put on the displays.

It makes me believe the clothing stores will be staged as well (how do you even sell clothes?).

I wonder if the OFB mechanics will take a realistic aproach and be more hands on like this...

... or if it's all going to be fake like TS3, where I simply drop and drag items left and right while my costumers buy randomly, forever, and stuffing the items into their asses while the money symbol appears (which is most likely going to be the case?).

The fact that the bakery set is staged doesn't make things look very promising to me. It's going to suck if they miss the OFB mechanics with that oversimplified crap they did for TS3. Even the resorts, which were a bit better developed than the store stuff, left me hanging there with no real thing to do or to think about after you set the basics (and the broken mechanics didn't really help)...

A guru confirmed you can actively sell any baked goods you make and open a bakery. Why are you saying it is confirmed to be staged???
Instructor
#58 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
A guru confirmed you can actively sell any baked goods you make and open a bakery. Why are you saying it is confirmed to be staged???

I think the worries are that the sims will just come to your bakery, buy something random and then leave with it in their inventory without actually ever eating it/not eating it at the bakery itself (so no point for seating other than for decorative purposes etc).
Alchemist
#59 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Shocked me again, usually the price of an EP is $10 less than the base game.

You can pre-order on Origin.

Source

Love your background honey
Instructor
#60 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:32 PM
I just have to link this:

Post by Mimoliin , September 23 2014.

Believe my excitement is real.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650

The scene was staged to make it look like you can hire and have waiters serving your costumers, which doesn't really happen. I reality, it's simply you putting stuff inside the displays and costumers taking them away.

Well, there's always hope that the costumers will line up and buy the cakes, instead of making them disappear just by grabbing the ar.
Theorist
#62 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
The scene was staged to make it look like you can hire and have waiters serving your costumers, which doesn't really happen. I reality, it's simply you putting stuff inside the displays and costumers taking them away.

Well, there's always hope that the costumers will line up and buy it, instead of making the cakes disappear just by grabbing the ar.

Got a source on that? Just curious. Could always go around it by baking a plate and setting it out, people will grab stuff and sit down. I know it's not like having the functionality, but maybe when they buy stuff they will sit down and eat it? It might not be like. Ok I got my cake, bye.

Quote:
Customise everything from the items, hire and fire employees, set the prices and schmooze customers to sell them your products!

Might get functionality when they finally give us restaurants.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Field Researcher
#63 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
I think the worries are that the sims will just come to your bakery, buy something random and then leave with it in their inventory without actually ever eating it/not eating it at the bakery itself (so no point for seating other than for decorative purposes etc).

So exactly like the bakeries in TS2? I'm not seeing the controversy here.
Instructor
#64 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
So exactly like the bakeries in TS2? I'm not seeing the controversy here.

What can I say, hopes are high for EA to (finally?) create something fully fleshed out as they implement new stuff, as in; implement the possibility to create a bakery - make it act like a bakery, too.

Not saying I'm in any way complaining myself, but I see where the worries are coming from (i.e. broken store content, etc.)
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:05 PM
Am I the only one excited by the possibility of having diseases in the game, now that we have a functioning hospital?

AM I? WHY AM I MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS? I CAN'T BE ALONE, AM I?
Forum Resident
#66 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:11 PM Last edited by rodrigues : 4th Feb 2015 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealLovecat
Got a source on that? Just curious. Could always go around it by baking a plate and setting it out, people will grab stuff and sit down. I know it's not like having the functionality, but maybe when they buy stuff they will sit down and eat it? It might not be like. Ok I got my cake, bye.

It was posted by a Guru over the official forums, can't find the link though. But it was posted here too.

But yeah, yeah, you are right - maybe they will stand in line, buy it from you and then sit down.

But it's hard to know what's real and what's not if they keep faking everything for trailers. We already know that the functionality they showed won't happen; so I hope it has at least something more instead of *grabs air* *object disappears* *money is magically credited* *leaves*

Edit - here's the link!

@Ketsu_sama - No, not like The Sims 2. Unlike the video they just released. There's a bit of a difference there.
Theorist
#67 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:12 PM
Kinda bummed they didn't go with my "Back To Business" or "Back For (4) Business" name.

As for bakeries, there's two methods I can see being implemented, a grab and go, where you'd go up to the fridge or the display select what you want, the clerk grabs it walks to register checks you out, they go and grab your food and put a baggie at the end of the counter (like in the video) your sim grabs it and walks out with a little baggie. The sitdown would essentially be the same except the plates are placed on the counter and your Sim would go a grab it. I'm not sure if they'll be able to grab anything directly out of the display. But the methods aren't too shabby because that's exactly what Panera does, you can do rapid pick-up which leaves your baggie on shelf, you come in grab it and book, but in the Sims it would be the to-go way of ordering at the register to go then you walk to the other counter and your name is called and a baggie is placed on the counter. Sit down for Panera works the same way, name called, plate placed on the counter, you grab it and do what you need to do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#68 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:34 PM
I am sure it will be a swipe in the air, after all that's how they get served at the bar in TS4. It would be kind of inconsistent to flesh out detailed animations in this EP when all other aspects of the game don't have them.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#69 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:58 PM
Ts4 really is going for the skill overkill.

I mean, three cooking skills (cooking, gourmet cooking and baking)?
The funny thing is, i even get the destinction between cooking and baking, since i'm rubbish at the first and mediocre at the second, but gourmet cooking always seemed so unneccessary.
Instructor
#70 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:02 PM
TS3 had a a crapload of skills also.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:04 PM
..And that changes my point how?
Theorist
#72 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Ts4 really is going for the skill overkill.

I mean, three cooking skills (cooking, gourmet cooking and baking)?
The funny thing is, i even get the destinction between cooking and baking, since i'm rubbish at the first and mediocre at the second, but gourmet cooking always seemed so unneccessary.

If you can't make mac and cheese, I doubt you can make Dijon Salmon, even though that recipe looks really simple (to me), perhaps a pasta would be harder lol. But I think that's what they're going for, possible to decram the food menu as well.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
40 dollars? Considering I paid 45 for the base game, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Expansion packs cost $40 in both TS2 and TS3 when they originally came out, so I don't know why so many people are talking about the price.
Theorist
#74 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 1:03 AM
Rabbit hole worries... be gone!
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruMeatBall
Tinted windows for privacy

Regarding the blurry windows at the police station and hospital

Source
Mad Poster
#75 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 1:05 AM
The base game for Sims 2 was $29.99. The expansions were $19.99. I remember that. Nothing in Sims 2 cost $40. I never bought the Double Deluxe or any combos so I don't know the price of them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 447