Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:30 AM
It can be in England or Ireland as well. I mean the "bay" could be the Atlantic Ocean.

@joandsarah77 I don't see anything wrong with that. maxon's neighborhood use all of the EPs and SPs. I like her neighborhood; I've seen it but it won't be usable for all of the players (especially for those who don't have all of the EPs)
Bayside Flats will be base game only so it will be usable for everyone.

Of course we could create a Mediterranean neighborhood but then, the mountains need to be smoother and there shouldn't be any mesas then.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 4:13 PM
I know the idea is to make base game hoods, but did anyone see in the WCIF thread that someone was lookin for playable universities and suggested the Hood Group make one of them?

What about the next hood bein made be a university campus town instead of a city one. It could be done of two ways
(1) Make it base game, but where it could easily be turned into a university for those with Uni
(2) Make it Uni game so you get those added Uni features.

Since there is the ability to do multiple games with AGS, I say go with choice 2.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I know the idea is to make base game hoods, but did anyone see in the WCIF thread that someone was lookin for playable universities and suggested the Hood Group make one of them?

What about the next hood bein made be a university campus town instead of a city one. It could be done of two ways
(1) Make it base game, but where it could easily be turned into a university for those with Uni
(2) Make it Uni game so you get those added Uni features.

Since there is the ability to do multiple games with AGS, I say go with choice 2.

That could be possible. The terrain is small, which is perfect for a (small) uni. Uni terrains, if you've noticed the premade unis, don't have to be so large, and this could fit.

However, that means we have to use the Uni EP in AGS...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 6:19 PM
Italian Riviera would be nice - and it would certainly be old world European... But, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of Ireland and/or Scotland. Partly because we are trying for a small 3-4 family hood and I see the Riviera as more populated and spralling. I'm also not sure a murder mystery will fit with just a few families? Maybe if it had a spookier vibe? ...a reason there are so few people? Several dead trees - a few 'abandoned' houses, etc.

But, the terrain is too pretty to do that to it. I dunno... *sigh* Everything about this map screams Scottish Highland Loch to me. ('course that's what I try to see in everything it seems.)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#30 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
[literary hat] Actually, Catherine, if you look at the mystery genre, and also the history of crime, small towns are a prime murder setting. The pressure-cooker of the closed society creates plenty of stresses that can break out into violence, and a tight-knit group accustomed to keeping secrets as the only way to maintain privacy is ideal for a fictional suspect pool, as they provide both a finite cast of suspects, and a motivation to be economical with the truth. One person can leave a very big footprint in a small community, too - think of all those cozy mysteries where the detective realizes in the second chapter that everyone in town wanted the victim dead! [/literary hat]

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:15 PM
Good point, @Peni.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#32 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
That could be possible. The terrain is small, which is perfect for a (small) uni. Uni terrains, if you've noticed the premade unis, don't have to be so large, and this could fit.

However, that means we have to use the Uni EP in AGS...

We could do that but it will be similar to Academie Le Tour if we would use old European architecture. :/

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#33 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:03 PM
I think anything we do, unless we go totally sci-fi, is gonna have some sort of similarity between the various hoods. :D

I do like the idea though of doin a hood theme and keepin all the lots havin a common look.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:22 PM
I think this should be a BG, small, hood. Let's do a Uni/Business/Travel destination some other time. K?

As I said in the other thread: I will be mostly AFK this weekend (art festival - yay... I hope something actually sells this time) *grumbles at looky-loos*
...anywho, I'll check everything out next week - but don't wait for me - you guys certainly know what you're doing!!! I'll catch up when I get back.

I would love to contribute a house, family, and community lot again for this hood... but, if it's full when I get back, I'll find something else to do

If I get to contribute said family/lot - it will probably be a simple, yet wealthy Tower House with pale skinned/black haired family. (...Just mentioned for planning purposes! Again, don't wait!)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#35 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:30 PM
We won't do much for this neighborhood next week. So don't worry about that and have fun at the festival.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Italian Riviera would be nice - and it would certainly be old world European... But, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of Ireland and/or Scotland. Partly because we are trying for a small 3-4 family hood and I see the Riviera as more populated and spralling. I'm also not sure a murder mystery will fit with just a few families? Maybe if it had a spookier vibe? ...a reason there are so few people? Several dead trees - a few 'abandoned' houses, etc.

But, the terrain is too pretty to do that to it. I dunno... *sigh* Everything about this map screams Scottish Highland Loch to me. ('course that's what I try to see in everything it seems.)

Thanks Cat, I was trying to be helpful. I looked up Google and thought the colours of the Italian Rivera were pretty, didn't give a thought to the terrain, which is of course steep. But this is sims I wasn't meaning to replicate it, I thought the colours and styles look pretty and would be easy to build. But since I am apparently both disagreeable and unhelpful I won't bother to poke in again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#37 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thanks Cat, I was trying to be helpful. I looked up Google and thought the colours of the Italian Rivera were pretty, didn't give a thought to the terrain, which is of course steep. But this is sims I wasn't meaning to replicate it, I thought the colours and styles look pretty and would be easy to build. But since I am apparently both disagreeable and unhelpful I won't bother to poke in again.

Don't say that! I'm sure you could be of help! Just because someone, whoever it was, decided to mark you as 'unhelpful' and disagreed with you doesn't mean you've been marked for life!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
But since I am apparently both disagreeable and unhelpful I won't bother to poke in again.

Nooooo! I think you have great input! *nods head vigorously* [<<<we need a smilie for that]

I think a Mediterranean/Riviera-feel village would be wonderful - but, not this round. As, I think, ideas have already formed for this one.

ETA: Sniped by M.M.A.A.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:28 PM
Well someone clicked disagree and unhelpful so I figured input wasn't welcome. Although that was my only idea. I looked at Portugal which is similar but white and steep. So long as you guys are fine with both stone and a murder mystery hood perhaps going up close to the same time it's cool. I know each one Will look very different. I'm probably the only one who gets concerned if someone else uploads something similar.

I'll keep an eye out for any Uni you guys put out, I think there is a real need for more of those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
#40 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:47 PM
As the title says:
Quote:
ideas and comments welcome

We appreciate your idea. Just because someone's marked your comment as 'unhelpful' and 'disagree' doesn't mean that your comment was not welcome. I actually like your idea. We're not doing it for this neighborhood but for future neighborhoods. I think a Mediterranean/Riviera-feel village should be on a hilly map, not on a flat one. But it will be a bit more difficult to create such a map in SC4.

Whoever it was, don't feel hurt because of that. Your comment was a helpful one.
There are always people who don't accept the others thoughts and suggestions. Just because they know, that their ideas or not as good as yours.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#41 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:09 PM
After coming to the conclusion in the other thread that we have numerous redheads in MC, I'll definitely create a family without redheads. (I think we also have a deficiency in blondes?)
Trainee Moderator
#42 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:13 AM
Don't worry about them. It will disappear after the 3rd or 4th generation.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#43 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:11 PM
I have placed 5 houses from Riverside and changed the outside walls and floors to what i remember from my travels in Europe.
They are by no means finish for i have no idea how they look on the inside to keep them with a european look.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bayside Flats.7z (1.67 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:32 PM
Thats how i remember them looking in that one small fishing town somewhere in Europe but if you think a dif. color for the roof is needed by all means change them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#45 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:42 PM
I'm trying to build a fitness and health center but I came to realization that there are no fitness equipments available in the base game!

Anyways, though, I've finished building it, so I've uploaded some pictures. Do the outdoor wall coverings and roof match the requirements of the theme of this neighborhood?

Let me know what you think!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#46 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:01 PM
@M.M.A.A.
You have the 1 weight lifting bench plus 2 career rewards items that can be used.

Mad Poster
#47 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:08 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 13th Feb 2015 at 5:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@M.M.A.A.
You have the 1 weight lifting bench plus 2 career rewards items that can be used.

Really? Oh! Well, this is a community lot so I can't get everything to appear in the catalog, I've looked everywhere in the catalog and the exercise machine is nowhere to be found (its supposed to appear under the 'Hobby' section). And I'm not quite sure how to get the career rewards to appear either (probably have to download them as buy-able...), perhaps its best if I leave it to someone who knows how to do it properly? I've uploaded the neighborhood with the lot, so, if anyone knows what's up, do edit the lot, please.

I've also moved around the five lots to locations I think would be more suitable for each.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Bayside Flats V2.zip (2.68 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#48 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:11 AM
I use this set. http://modthesims.info/d/374017

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#49 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 12:55 PM
Any one know of a mod that will make all household items to be able to place on community lots, IE the weight lifting bench.

Trainee Moderator
#50 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Mar 2015 at 9:44 PM.
There's a mod that unlocks the community lot objects for residential lots http://modthesims.info/d/40019
But it's not really necessary. You can actually convert the lot from community lot to residential lot. Add the objects which would be hidden in community lots and convert it back.
I use this method if I want to place wedding arches on community lots.

My Simblr
Page 2 of 18