Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moderate and Subordinate Intellect Bookcases

by plasticbox Posted 9th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2015 at 2:43 PM by plasticbox

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:06 AM
They look great
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:20 AM
Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:56 AM
These are PERFECT, thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:03 AM
Your downloads are always simple, yet game changing... like the frosting on cupcakes thanks for creating/sharing!
P.S. i lol'ed at the names of the bookcases
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:27 AM
Another great item. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome work. It is really appreciated!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 10:24 AM
These are cute, versatile and practical, nice idea!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:10 AM
For someone who decorates with one strong line of sight for game play, shorter items are always appreciated and these were at the top of my wish list!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:24 PM
These are wonderful. Elegant yet not overdone. Thank you for sharing.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:35 PM
Please do not post requests on this site (you can assume that no creators take requests unless they explicitely and prominently announce that they do). However, what you are asking about is not very difficult, so maybe you want to give it a try yourself? See the Tools/Tutorials forum in Create, you can also post there if you need help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:16 PM
Such a great idea!!! SUUUPER!!! Thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 1:44 AM
you are amazing!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 2:58 AM
Just the sort of thing I have in my own home in real life. If I played TS4, I would need these for sure!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:14 AM
Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:20 AM
Many thanks.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:28 PM
Thank you for this bookcase, it's amazing! I just downloaded and put it in my game and it gives me a very specific error. if I put a tv on the "subordinate intellect" one my sim resets every time it tries to watch the tv. I tried with other tables and it works fine. I wanted to let you know
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:41 PM
Thank you for reporting that. Sounds pretty weird though .. which TV is this? All of them or a particular one? Do you know whether sims can watch it when you put it on a similarly low object, or on the floor? And did you test this wihout any other CC?

Such an error would most likely have to do with posture requirements of the object, i.e. the TV, not the bookshelf per se .. still it's good to know about it.

Also, which game version do you have?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thank you for reporting that. Sounds pretty weird though .. which TV is this? All of them or a particular one? Do you know whether sims can watch it when you put it on a similarly low object, or on the floor? And did you test this wihout any other CC?

Such an error would most likely have to do with posture requirements of the object, i.e. the TV, not the bookshelf per se .. still it's good to know about it.

Also, which game version do you have?

I have the lastest patch installed (March 26) I tried both the low and medium sizes of the library and all the tvs give this error, the sim goes to the tv, but then it resets, All the tvs work well on other places.
I put the tv on another shelf, then used moveobjects to make it look like its on your bookcase and it works, I have other mods installed, I will try again without them.

EDIT: I tried without mods and I realized I used your mods of electronics/clutter everywhere, without it I can't put a tv on that library, maybe there's some kind of conflict with the latest patch.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:09 AM
I tested this a little and it seems like there's indeed some issue with the medium-sized slots on these objects when they're used with TVs -- I can reproduce exactly what you describe. The "Electronics Anywhere" mod is very likely Not Guilty, I just updated that for my own testing and I have the issue with the new version too.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look into this -- I know roughly what I need to do, just need to figure out how. I'll tag you when there's an update.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:29 PM
@Panoca -- I repaired the slots and re-uploaded!

The exact position of the slots is a little different now, I copied and hex edited the _RIG and RSLT from one of the console tables. See new screenshots in the first post.
Screenshots

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 5:57 PM
Thank you! I'll use them a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:39 PM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:50 PM
love it
Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:05 PM
Re-downloaded all your updated items (8/11), all of them, because it came up as "updated" but the files all read the same as the last time even to the last past date of updated. Confused? Are they updated but the date didn't change for some reason or does it mean something totally different and is not really an item update???
This goes for all the bookcases that came up Updated. Except the one today. Have not checked it, yet. (8/12)
Thanks
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:35 PM
Ummm .. what exactly do you mean by “came up as updated”? Do you go by the list in My Downloads? There are two kinds of “updated” in that – one when files have been updated (green “Has Update” icon), and one when the post has been updated (“Last Modified”).

I updated the *post* recently (i.e. the upload description) to add in links for the new single-tile versions in the “Related Downloads” tab, but I did not update the files. They are still from March 29th.

I don’t have my own uploads listed in My Downloads so I can’t check what it does when I update a post .. in case that list misbehaves, can you post in Site Issues?

Page 1 of 2