Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:38 PM
Testingcheatsenabled true > shift-click mailbox > needs static

I don't even do money cheats...Its like an addiction. I need testingcheats rehab.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#53 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM
Haven't done it in a while (and I'm not sure this is a play habit?) but a lot of times I know better than to start browsing CC on places like here because once I start going through a few pages, I will feel like going through all the ones that I missed. I remember it had been a while since I checked the last time I went browsing and it took me days just to get through all that crap.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:12 AM
Just remembered that my older sister's play habit. She loves playing on speed 1 while her sims paint. She just watch them paint like..... I leave her to do other things and when I came back, she's still watching them paint. She said it's relaxing when I asked why.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:33 AM
I should mention my Instant Catholic Family joke. I am from an Irish-Catholic Family and I find multiple births exceeding quadruplets to be a blessing that no one is truly alone. I abuse the hell out of the Nraas Master Controller, giving one couple 26 children in one sitting of Instant Baby, again, the mod allows for crowded houses. I don't know which therapist who called my play habit "Instant Catholic Family", but I really was in no position to argue.

I'm an only child and the family overall is Catholic.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:56 PM
I overdownload mods. Once my game stopped working at 300 something... I'm currently at 107 mods, downloading two more just reading this thread

scooby dooby don't
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:35 PM
Another habit of mine: I get so bored of the normal family life I end up messing it up so much. I have the wife cheat and get preggers with another guys baby, the husband cheats and gets his lover preggers, etc, and then one big divorce. And, then just plain murdering annoying sims. I can barley get past gen 1, so you can tell I didn't exactly complete the legacy challenge...

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aldakoopa
I don't pause for cute things necessarily, but I am constantly playing by rapidly pausing and speed 3.

THIS! And then, most of the time, my game'll freeze when I try to unpause. It's so annoying but for some reason I feel like I have to pause and tell them what to do, especially when my sims are talking to somebody. I must pause and queue up actions for them.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:42 PM
Constantly playing a perfect family. I don't do drama, I don't cheat, I don't do any of that. When I do, I feel bad. In a heavily modded game i had my sim impregnate another teen girl sim (my sim is also a girl) and they were both pregnant and I felt guilty so i moved her into my house with her baby and they lived very well after that. I get upset if my moved-out sims get divorced.
I want to be bad I know they're not real.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 2:27 AM
Constantly playing with aging off and giving my Sims pets. Also I have way too many freaking vampires, and mods. I mean I had so much CC that my little brother asked me what game I was playing

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Instructor
#61 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 6:25 AM
I can't seem to break the redo habit. Once I get into playing a town, I have to redo community lots and some/most residential lots. With the houses, it always seems to start with a baby and no crib. Then I start to look around and I'm lost in remodeling and redecorating. When it goes too far and I do too much, I am tired of looking at that town so I have to move my Sims somewhere else.

I had a lovely game going with one of my Sims in Dragon Valley, then I took a break from playing to work on some houses I hadn't touched yet. Well, there are only two houses left in that whole town that I've not done anything with and my lovely game is going to have to wait, or my Sim will have to move. Why do I do this? Can't I leave things alone, as EA intended? Obviously, Hell No!

Time to book travel to Lucky Palms, I hear it's lovely this time of year!
Instructor
#62 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:56 AM
Making pet dogs just so I can make them pee on everyone who displeases me.

Adopting unicorns even though none of my Sims are equestrians. I love unicorns too much. BFFs for life. Their long lifespans also mean they and my fairies get to be together a long time.

Having pet cats so they can boost my witches' magic and so I can have them catch fish for me, because having Sims do it is too tedious and hard.

Making all my Sims vegetarian, because I am vegan IRL and therefore a biased little prat.

Speeding up the baby and toddler stages because they're boring and annoying!

Keeping the game's moon phase on "full" all the time because it's so beautiful! sniff... and because it gives my fairies a nice buff at night. (I have a mod that removes the zombie annoyance.)
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 12:22 PM
Playing same style, one or two sims, all antisocial but with each others.. maxing skills. Also spending hours with decorating the house.. same thing with the sims themselves, but this can be blamed at the super slow process.. CASt is slowing down so much. BUT it is also the reason I reverted back to sims 3 from sims 4.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:41 PM
I can't help making large families. I keep telling myself to keep to one to two kids but I just can't...
Alchemist
#65 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 7:45 PM
I stalk people, in a way I shouldn't. I tried out the regular verison (have the modded one to) of the Business As Usual Bistro stove, and the chef just left work saying he had to do something else at the time. '' Oh really?! '' I said in a skeptical and dissapointed voice, and stalked his car. Seems like he went to the club, I almost killed him with Nraas for wasting my time
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:08 AM
motherlode, testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug, familyfunds, freerealestate, and basically any other cheats
i also only create girl sims when i tell myself that i will make a guy one day, so that proposing might be more traditional

I've got this place that I filled with empty space
Oh, I'm trying not to face what I've done
My Hopeless Opus
One Minute Ninja'd
#67 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:11 AM
I don't know, to me testingcheats isn't even really a cheat. It just gives you access to a bunch of stuff you can use to manage your game better. I always leave it on, and I never really use it to do stuff like adjust needs unless it's an emergency. And buydebug, well, if I paid for the game, and the items are in the game but "hidden" behind buydebug, it ain't cheating to get to what I paid for.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:35 AM
Werewolves. I frikkin' LOVE werewolves. They can find things so well, and can get rich just by hunting.

Also, I like to put all the necessary rabbit holes into base game neighbourhoods. I'm kinda silly that way. Can't do without the Supernatural, Pets, or Movie Studio rabbit holes. No sirree!
Alchemist
#69 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Werewolves. I frikkin' LOVE werewolves. They can find things so well, and can get rich just by hunting.

Also, I like to put all the necessary rabbit holes into base game neighbourhoods. I'm kinda silly that way. Can't do without the Supernatural, Pets, or Movie Studio rabbit holes. No sirree!

How do you even make the movie studio fit?! It's a 64x64 lot!!!

That reminds me, is there a smaller movie studio lot you can download somewhere? And if you turn off celebrities for the world, is it still necessary to climb the celebrity ladder to get a promotion?
Scholar
#70 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
That reminds me, is there a smaller movie studio lot you can download somewhere?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424676

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Instructor
#71 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:08 AM

That reminds me, is there a smaller movie studio lot you can download somewhere? And if you turn off celebrities for the world, is it still necessary to climb the celebrity ladder to get a promotion?

I knew that I saw this somewhere, after searching The Asylum and Nona's blog, I finally found it (Nona!). No Celebrity Requirements for Film Career

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...irector-career/

Simlogical page with download link http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1126/
Alchemist
#72 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:06 AM
Thanks, 40x40 is pretty big for Twinkbrook though, I wonder if I could make a 30x30 lot and the rabbit hole would fit .. ?
Scholar
#73 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:47 AM Last edited by arathea : 27th Mar 2015 at 12:29 PM.
I once buried it in the basement of a 30x20 lot and it worked as long as there was enough space around the door. You don't have any sets that way though.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:44 PM
Thanks, 40x40 is pretty big for Twinkbrook though, I wonder if I could make a 30x30 lot and the rabbit hole would fit .. ?

I think the creator of the 40X40 lot with the movie studio said that it was the smallest lot that fit. But you can always try
Mad Poster
#75 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:48 PM

The lot is 64x64 because of all the stuff on it besides the rabbit hole. The studio rabbit hole itself is small enough for a 40x40 lot.
Page 3 of 5