Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:09 AM
Okay, but can Dr. Sim Manipulator summon a cat too? I think not.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:32 AM
Actually Dr manipulator (or if not him Ms Blender can) can summon cats and dogs, but probably not a witches cat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#28 Old 15th May 2015 at 5:19 AM
Can't see what the problem is... unplayed sims are sick, is opportunity to have a nice full graveyard, don't worry, the game will send you new one's to replace them.

Otherwise, I'd set up a retreat, with lots of hot tubs, chairs, and anything else that brings comfort. I'd include a small resturant with one food only, "comfort soup", and set the price as close to zero as possible. I'd ban all playables and hope that only the sick would come.

In truth I'd love all me townies to get sick, I need more people to use my hospital and me graveyard might as well be a empty golf course, aint nobody there, no tombs, no ghosts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:06 AM
The problem is the townies are making her playables sick all the time. The townies are unlikely to die, so the only graves are likely to be their playable sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#30 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
Personally, since I still use the Simblender, I would just use it to cure everybody, but that is just me.

I can't cure my sick sims with Blender. I can't see such an option, where is it?

Alternatively, what's a sim manipulator? I too have realistic sickness mod in the game and the outbreaks are driving me crazy. It'd be great if there was an easier way to cure them than manually preparing granma's soup and feeding them all! Besides, you always have to pray that noone gets reinfected while they're all huddled together and eating.

Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
3) Once you have a heaping handful of moonbeams, essence and dust, fly back to town and start blasting sickly Sims with Remedis Simae all willy-nilly. Fly back to the palace and take catnaps in the throne as needed, then come back. Repeat until you run out of pestilent townies.

When I tried to heal sims with my witch, her spells worked but at the same time they didn't. The sim would get cured but then immediately a note that she's sick again would reappear. So not even once spells worked properly and I gave up on witches as healers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:35 AM
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...sim-manipulator

It does just about everything except wash your dishes.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#32 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:14 AM Last edited by Babahara : 15th May 2015 at 8:25 AM.
Health Menu
Will allow sims cure their sickness, Can be used on the currently selected sim, all sims on the current lot, or the whole neighborhood. Sims are also able to make themselves immune to sickness(can also remove the immunity to sickness).

Sounds like a perfect solution for the topic starter.

P.S. Any advice on how to find it in the game, please? How does it look like?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:17 AM
I hadn't even noticed the entire neighbourhood option lol and I've had it a couple of years now. That's a whole lot easier then teleporting them in and doing it individually.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#34 Old 15th May 2015 at 8:28 AM
Hmm I found an option to spawn a health thing by clicking on the ground, but it won't work. Just like a witch spell, at first it says "Jimmy is cured", which is followed by a note saying he's sick again. I've tried many times with the same result.

False alarm. I allowed some time to pass and tried curing again and then it worked. Strange. Maybe something prevents curing sickness outright (he just got out of car from work and became sick).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:14 AM
I've sometimes had to do it 2-3 times, I don't know why.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I'm surprised that no one has suggested this plague-busting idea yet:

1) Get any sort of Good Witch (Nice, Good or Infallibly Good) up to Magic Skill 3 or higher; this is the level at which they can cast the Remedis Simae spell, which cures any targeted Sim of any disease.

2) Playing as the witch, fly to the Palace of Neverending Light. Remedis Simae costs 1 Crystallized Moonbeam, 1 Essence of Light and 1 Mystic Dust to cast, so claim one of the spare cauldrons, spend a few Simmy days at the Palace and make about a million-billion of each reagent, pausing only to rest up in the High Witch's Throne of Light whenever your motives get low.

3) Once you have a heaping handful of moonbeams, essence and dust, fly back to town and start blasting sickly Sims with Remedis Simae all willy-nilly. Fly back to the palace and take catnaps in the throne as needed, then come back. Repeat until you run out of pestilent townies.

4) Book your witchy healer a seven-day vacation at Three Lakes, because you've earned it.

Better idea - no stupid reagents mod.
Inventor
#37 Old 16th May 2015 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Better idea - no stupid reagents mod.

Witches are already powerful enough. I'll meet you halfway: Cyjon's Make 5 Reagents mod .
Inventor
#38 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:33 AM
Hmmph. Somebody doesn't like working for their mojo. >_>

(Besides, whatever reagents you don't spend in spellcasting can always become gorgeous house decorations, personal gifts and/or home business wares. Don't ask me what use Malcolm Landgraab IV has for Dragon Scales.)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:59 AM
Reagents for spells seem silly to me. I have Harry Potter sims in my neighbourhood and noone needed reagents to cast spells in the books. Also, making them every time you want to cast a spell is a PITA and just ensured that I never ended up casting any spells.

Reagents for potions I understand.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th May 2015 at 12:06 PM
What's it to you how someone else plays their witches?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th May 2015 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

Was that directed at me? I don't care. I was just explaining why I didn't use reagents.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th May 2015 at 1:59 PM
No, it's directed at Pizzatron

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:03 PM
I never saw any option in SimBlender to cure the whole neighborhood. Is it actually in there?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:58 PM
They are talking about the Sim manipulator not the Sim Blender.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#45 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 18th May 2015 at 3:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

More accurate question: What's it to sushigal and/or the "mysterious" Disagreer how someone else plays their witches?

Screw the "no reagents" mod; it's a bit too lazy for my tastes. If I have no problem with my spellcasters in D&D casting spells with reagents, then why would I have a problem with my Simmy witches casting spells with reagents? At least my Simmy witches can get everything they need out of a cauldron; getting my Level 12 Cleric of Leira some suitably expensive diamonds so that she can cast Raise Dead is quite the annoyance. But at least it encourages my cleric and me to cast that Raise Dead spell wisely (and thus makes it more valuable; not every stableboy slain by the marauding bugbears gets a second chance at life, alas). The same could be said of my Simmy witches and their spells; if I go around emptying Gothier Green Lawns of its inhabitants and making a mess of zombies, then I might not be able to send swarms of bees after that jerk who keeps picking fights with me. Shrewdness in resource management is kind of my thing, you see; that's why money cheats are anathema to me too.

Besides, reagent-brewing is the perfect alternative to the Pause button, particularly in the Magical World (where a Sim's not as likely to die from house fires and whatnot). I get a Sim started on brewing Dragon Scales. I head to the kitchen, microwave a bowl of soup and make a sandwich. I come back. "Okay, that's enough Dragon Scales. Now make a bunch of Mystic Dust." I eat my soup and sandwich while my dedicated witch makes Mystic Dust. "Okay, you look tired. Rest up in the throne. Okay, now make Newt Eyes." I clean up the remnants of my meal, wash the dishes, dry my hands and come back. "Okay, back to the throne for a bit. Now make Essense of Light." And I go to the bathroom, doff my garb, take a shower, don my bathrobe and slippers, and come back. All in all, my Simmy witch has had a rather productive evening, and I got to knock out a bunch of Real Life stuff while she was at it. What's not to love?
Mad Poster
#46 Old 18th May 2015 at 6:37 AM
Only some spells in D&D require separate material components. Most of them are castable with just an Arcane Focus or Component Pouch. I wouldn't mind actually if spells like zombifying someone required a component. You'd need to research something like that. But bees and puddle cleaning and stuff like that are simple.

Also, I disagreed with you. It was specifically to the witches are already powerful enough statement. It wasn't actually intended to be a big deal. Hence the disagree instead of a detailed post explaining why lol. Every time I agree with a post I don't explain why.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should play their witches. The great thing about mods is that you can usually find one tailored to your own tastes. So, if you like 5 reagents, no reagents or full reagents, then do it! The discussion, I believe, should be about personal preference rather than you shouldn't do it like that.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:41 AM
Ooo Pizzatron, this is what we could call true multitasking!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:57 PM
The most popular dish to serv at any party in my town is the soup......And if noone in the household is a family sim they just pop down to Mcdonalds and buy some. :P
Mad Poster
#49 Old 18th May 2015 at 5:02 PM
Sushigal merely presented an alternative to your suggestion, if one likes witches but don't enjoy reagents. You're the one going out of your way to say playing that way is wrong. Saying things like "I'll meet you halfway" comes across really arrogant in my ears, like you have some sort of say in how people play their game, and your opinion should matter to their enjoyment. To then post a second post when you get no reply, with a sarcastic "Hmmph. Somebody doesn't like working for their mojo. >_>" only adds to that impression.

You love witches. You think it's perfectly made. Great! Have fun. Everyone does not have to agree with you or play the same way as you.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 18th May 2015 at 10:28 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 18th May 2015 at 11:17 PM.
Since somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread, can I ask whether anybody here uses Cyjon's genie wishes successfully? One of my sims just had a genie lamp delivered and I was excited to see the new wishes, but they didn't show up. Checked downloads folder and the mods are definitely in, the core package and the individual wants. I checked the website and he says that existing lamps may not refresh straight away, but this was a brand new lamp. I redownloaded the mod but I had the latest version already. I have the smarter EP check, too. Odd.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 2 of 3