Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gorges du Loup (No hacks - No custom content)

by Numenor Posted 10th Apr 2005 at 12:59 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:27 PM by Numenor : Edited category

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:23 AM
It's so hard to build nice lowbudget houses. And you do them even with more than one floor and furnitured. Bows!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 11:19 AM
yeah i agree with simsjeanie. hail to Numenor! thanx 4 sharing.
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 6:48 PM
*grins* I adore your houses Thanks so much for another great one.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 10:46 PM Last edited by SimJymm : 12th Apr 2005 at 10:54 PM.
Thanks! I've got your Hi-Tech Hideaway,A-frame and Tramp Tower. Downloading this too. I'm sure it will be just as good. Is this a 2x2 lot also?

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 2:46 AM
heh...site disappeared the exact time i was posting so here goes again
thanks for this house it plays beautifully in my game. the layout is great for my nothing special specwise laptop. no need to scroll forever back, forth and sideways which tends to crash my game periodically
had to make a couple of adjustments due to not having the EP, but nothing major and actually made the house a bit cheaper for my lone teen resident
lovely job
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 9:55 PM
Hi Numenor!

I love your's and cyclonesue's buildings. I asked once how to do the stealth stairs and someone sent me to SimMasterRalph's tutorial, but I can't seem to get it right ingame. I've tried all three of his tutorials and I seem to be missing something but I can't figure out what it is. Also I would love to make a bridge like you have. Maybe you could help me out? If so here is my email [email protected]. If not maybe you could do something for me. In the first town Pleasantview there is a small house off to the left top corner and I've been trying to make a second story. I don't want to make the house larger which is why I need the stealth stairs. Anyway maybe you could just make some stairs for me lol

thanks you for reading this anyway. And for all the buildings you make.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:31 PM
Wow, great house. Your an amazing builder!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:59 PM
Wow, how do you do it!
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:47 PM
in my game this house is 1 billion plus dollars, I know how to fix it but by was I shocked
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:35 AM
LOL! Quite expensive for a starter home, isn't it?
Just to know: do you install the lots using the Maxis installer or the Sims2Pack Clean Installer? And if the latter, which version of S2PCI?
Instructor
#12 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:24 AM
This is the first time I have downloaded a house due to my fear of getting a "bad" one with hacks. But I trust you oh mighty one. Thank you for all your hard work for us dumb pesants! :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 9:23 PM
Really nice, good job.
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
This is the first time I have downloaded a house due to my fear of getting a "bad" one with hacks. But I trust you oh mighty one. Thank you for all your hard work for us dumb pesants! :D

After all that I could not install it. (crying). The message came up that I need the EP to do so. Please, could you use normal showers instead?? I had no problems with your other houses and I enjoy them very much.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:28 AM
Motherspet, the best thing you can do is to download the
Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and use it to install the lot.
The S2PCI lets you preview the lot content, and check if there are hacks or other nasty things in the lot you are installing, and doesn't complain when it founds UNI content in a lot.

Anyway, I'll try and follow your suggestion, and remove all the UNI content; but you'll have to wait, because the attachments, on this forum, must be approved by the MTS2 staff; in the meantime, download the S2PCI.
#16 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:02 PM
how else can i install this without S2PCI? the download is too huge, i have dial up...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Numenor : 17th Apr 2005 at 7:30 PM.
I've tried to get rid of all the UNI content, but the Maxis installer still complains about it containing UNI stuff... I don't know what else to do: I can't uninstall the EP only to create a "clean" lot

Anyway, I strongly suggest everyone to download and regularly use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer: the download is only 289 Kb (even on dialup it will take a minute at most), and it's really a valuable tool.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:46 PM
Fantastic houses as allways! Thx for sharing!!!
Instructor
#19 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Motherspet, the best thing you can do is to download the
Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and use it to install the lot.
The S2PCI lets you preview the lot content, and check if there are hacks or other nasty things in the lot you are installing, and doesn't complain when it founds UNI content in a lot.

Anyway, I'll try and follow your suggestion, and remove all the UNI content; but you'll have to wait, because the attachments, on this forum, must be approved by the MTS2 staff; in the meantime, download the S2PCI.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this right now and let you know tomorrow how I fared. I also like to thanks you for the link to the stealth stairs. I have so much more confidence now to make them. You are the greatest.
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _shelbs_
how else can i install this without S2PCI? the download is too huge, i have dial up...

It is not huge at all. I also have dial up and it took 2 minutes to download. Try it.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:11 AM
I have a question about the clean pack installer, it doesnt seem to pick up the sims2pack files. I have a folder with a house in it that I wanted to examine thats packaged in a sims2pack, but the Clean Installer doesnt "see" it.
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacciinatl
in my game this house is 1 billion plus dollars, I know how to fix it but by was I shocked

Same here, but after changing a thing or two, saving it and going in again it was the (almost) original price. Hope you had a brandy after the shock!
Instructor
#23 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Thanks for the tip. I'll try this right now and let you know tomorrow how I fared. I also like to thanks you for the link to the stealth stairs. I have so much more confidence now to make them. You are the greatest.

Well it worked!! It has taken me a while to figure out how to do it and it was so easy. I found a cheap (invisible) shower to put in your empty bathroom and I am still under budget. Thank you again for your help.
Instructor
#24 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
I have a question about the clean pack installer, it doesnt seem to pick up the sims2pack files. I have a folder with a house in it that I wanted to examine thats packaged in a sims2pack, but the Clean Installer doesnt "see" it.

Did you double click on the house package and not clean installer?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:30 AM
well thats the problem it has ep items in it so I cant install it from a sims2pack, nor would I be able to tell it where to put the package to examine it once expanded with CPI, and I cant examine it to remove the ep content with CPI as is...anyway cool house Numenor, although I cant look at it on my computer, its still very nice esp since its under 20k
Page 1 of 2