Replies: 112 (Who?), Viewed: 14504 times.
Page 3 of 5
Banned
#51 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:53 PM
Is there a easier process to do this? If I do over 10 (I think) I hit the watch limit, and the link dissapears.
Mad Poster
#52 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtmom
I've noticed for a while that if you owned 85% of a compiled set, you would have the option to download that set. Now I've downloaded compiled sets that I owned 65% or even 28%. I think that EA is aware and allowing this because Sims 3 is really the only competition for Sims 4. Maybe they're hoping that we'll transfer our spending to Sims 4. They don't lose anything by giving away store items at this late date.


Do you mean that EA let go of their sets even though you only own a said percentage of them?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#53 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Do you mean that EA let go of their sets even though you only own a said percentage of them?


Yup -- Complete Your Set. Annoyingly for some it doesn't work (venues are excluded and there's one or two sets that aren't applicable for no good reason), but if you own over a certain percentage (based on the points value and not the number of items in the set) you can get it for free -- e.g. the Best of 2012 Compilation I got for free owning the greenhouse set, teppanyaki grill, crystal ball, caldron, and voodoo doll. 42 items out of a total of 111, but because I had almost all the premium items and a venue, that was enough to tip it over to free.

Even if you don't own enough to get it for free, you can get a discounted value for the set.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Do you mean that EA let go of their sets even though you only own a said percentage of them?


Yes, that's it exactly. I had noticed it earlier but I was much closer to competing them. They seem to have lowered the bar.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron4Ever
Is there a easier process to do this? If I do over 10 (I think) I hit the watch limit, and the link dissapears.


Sometimes the link won't even show up for me. I have to keep clicking through pages until it does.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Alchemist
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 2:20 PM
I hope EA doesn't notice this whole add thing anytime soon. I can't seem to stop.

Does anyone know if the gold version of Sunlit Tides has ever been in sale, in Daily Deal or in the 'Make me an offer'?
Forum Resident
#57 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:52 PM
I've been browsing the store for an hour now and no 'free sim points' thing has showed up. Is anyone else having this problem?

(THEY'RE ON TO US! HELPPP! XD)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:02 PM
I'm sure they get paid for every ad that you click. The more ads you get the more money they earn. And I'm also sure that they receive more money from the advertisers than the equivalent of these 5 Simpoints you receive, which are worthless outside the Sims 3 Store anyway. It's their way to monetise the Store now. Probably more successful and reliable than selling the Simpoints.
Personally I haven't spent a single penny on the Store since those ads appeared more frequently and got 2 worlds, several venues and multiple sets since then for absolutely free, if you don't count the time I have spent collecting these points. The last time I spent any real money was when I bought Roaring Heights shortly after it was released. Since then I must have spent some $200 worth of free Simpoints and still have 10,000 points left. If that was against EA's plans they would have stopped that a long time ago.

I think your issue has more to do with availability and time. Depending on where you live the peak time for ads can be odd. I get most ads at around 2-3am here in Europe. A good time for the US a bad time for anyone else.
Alchemist
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove
I've been browsing the store for an hour now and no 'free sim points' thing has showed up. Is anyone else having this problem?

(THEY'RE ON TO US! HELPPP! XD)


Nope, I'm still doing it.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunen
I hope EA doesn't notice this whole add thing anytime soon. I can't seem to stop.

Does anyone know if the gold version of Sunlit Tides has ever been in sale, in Daily Deal or in the 'Make me an offer'?


Dunno..but I uninstalled my Store one and got that one instead.
http://simtech.forumotion.co.uk/t24...ack-s-creations

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
DELETED POST
2nd Aug 2015 at 5:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Don_Babilon.
Theorist
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
I don't think anybody gets 10, I think that people are reporting their progress in a confusing way.

I think prior to Sims 4 launch you got 10 pts everytime. The difference is or was that you were limited to watching 5 videos a day. That's how it was for me. After Sims 4 launched, you can only get 5 pts but unlimited in how many videos you can watch. Works out in the end.. kinda.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#62 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Dunno..but I uninstalled my Store one and got that one instead.
http://simtech.forumotion.co.uk/t24...ack-s-creations


Well, there's no working dowload link there. Anyway, the world has two premiun items - the sauna and the massage table - and in many cases the decrapping process breaks premiun items and causes them to either glitch or not work at all, unless you get a certain fix from a certain place. That's why I prefer the original one. Plus I have made several custom dive lots already, so I can just place those in ST. I was just hoping to avoid the full price after all this grinding.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:21 PM
Oh..yes. I had to register/create an account to be able to downnload it. And yes...I get fixes from a certain place.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#64 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunen
Well, there's no working dowload link there. Anyway, the world has two premiun items - the sauna and the massage table - and in many cases the decrapping process breaks premiun items and causes them to either glitch or not work at all, unless you get a certain fix from a certain place. That's why I prefer the original one. Plus I have made several custom dive lots already, so I can just place those in ST. I was just hoping to avoid the full price after all this grinding.
Both MMAO and the Daily Deal have at least the standard version. The DD one should actually come up in a few days. You'd have to check the TS3 Store section at the official forums for that. The venue, which would make it Gold, is also at least once on DD.
I have Gold and Make Me An Offer regularly gives me an offer for Sunlit Tides. Usually at 11-18% percent off.
Alchemist
#65 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
Both MMAO and the Daily Deal have at least the standard version. The DD one should actually come up in a few days. You'd have to check the TS3 Store section at the official forums for that. The venue, which would make it Gold, is also at least once on DD.
I have Gold and Make Me An Offer regularly gives me an offer for Sunlit Tides. Usually at 11-18% percent off.


That's good to know. I'm going to hold off from buying it straightaway, then. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 9:46 PM
I figured out why I couldn't watch videos:

I added the site as an exception to uBlock (my ad blocker) on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I was trying to get the videos on the desktop but they wouldn't show up because of my ad blocker.

Screw loose in the operator.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Banned
#67 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:51 PM
Scratch 1,000+ Simpoints.
I need 415 Simpoints for a premium item, and 266 Simpoints for a lovely public shower, also premium.
Now I'm not saying "GIVE ME SOME POINTS NAO!" (well kind of, but less aggressive and needy), but if anyone has the time to lend me some, it'd be a great surprise and it would be greatly appreciated.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM
Anyone else found that there's a peak hour for earning sim points? I started about 10:45 EST and I've gotten video after video after video. LOL

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Field Researcher
#69 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:52 PM
I seem to have crappy luck. I have 4 tabs open and I seem to be doing goood if I get one of those buttons to show up. They don't make it grinding easy, that's for sure. On a lighter note, what's your favorite ad? I like the gout guy, personally That last line was delivered with so much cheese, I had to get some crackers.
Alchemist
#70 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 6:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkannie
I seem to have crappy luck. I have 4 tabs open and I seem to be doing goood if I get one of those buttons to show up. They don't make it grinding easy, that's for sure. On a lighter note, what's your favorite ad? I like the gout guy, personally That last line was delivered with so much cheese, I had to get some crackers.


I think the adds are different depending on your location. Maybe. I seem to constantly get either the football add or the Lindex children clothing add.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:38 PM
I get a lot of Dreft ads. Which apparently is a laundry detergent. (I've never seen it for sale here.)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 10:31 PM
Is it necessary to keep refreshing the pages or will they just appear given enough time?
Alchemist
#73 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkannie
Is it necessary to keep refreshing the pages or will they just appear given enough time?


They do appear on their own - pretty fast too - but changing pages or refreshing them makes it often happen even quicker.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:17 AM
I've found that on chrome on my laptop and on firefox on my desktop, I get them quickly on every page. But on firefox on my laptop, I don't get as many. Strange.

I've found that you have to wait a few seconds on each page to get an ad, but that's my experience.

I managed to get the tablet for my sims and the slip and slide solely from simpoints from ads. I bought a simpoint pack to get Aurora Skies and other expensive items faster, but with enough patience (and open tabs), you can work your way to a lot of smaller items.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Instructor
#75 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 4:45 AM
Since I started watching all those videos and only buying from sales and Daily Deal, I've managed to acquire the Killer Classics set, an ice cream maker, the deep fryer, the Bohemian Garden, the bakery, a bunch of magical items (although that voodoo doll still eludes me...), a bunch of futuristic items, and more random premium content items. All fo' free. Worth it if you have the time of day.
Page 3 of 5
Back to top