Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
OK, that makes sense just for testing to keep yourself from getting confused, but you'll probably want to rename the interactions before release.

So one thing that jumps out at me immediately is that you have a ton of dual_outcomes, a single outcome, a partial outcome, and even some invalid outcomes. You may want to go back to an earlier version of that if you still have a copy. The outcome code should look something like....
Code:
  <V t="dual" n="outcome">
    <U n="dual">
      <U n="failure_actions">
        <!-- Put in some kind of failure action of some sort
          perhaps a confident buff from beating the curse? -->
      </U>
      <U n="success_actions">
        <L n="continuation">
          <U>
            <T n="affordance">16765771817347652838</T>
          </U>
        </L>
      </U>
      <U n="success_chance">
        <T n="base_chance">75</T>
      </U>
    </U>
  </V>

That code is untested, but it should be close. You'll want some sort of failure action as well (I don't think the dual outcome will work without a failure action), although you can make the failure run that continuation as well for now if you like for testing.

Ok , I don't know what kind of magic do You have , but this worked .
Omg , Thank You sooooooooo much ! , :lovestruc
You're a true saver .

I put the file in case You want to test it ^^ .

ok now I have some questions to finalize the mod & make it even better . but I feel that I'm being too annoying. so I'll shut up for now :p
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Cursed Painting Modified with Working dual outcome code.rar (289.6 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
Deceased
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bella3lek4
ok now I have some questions to finalize the mod & make it even better . but I feel that I'm being too annoying. so I'll shut up for now :p

Glad you got it working. I'll take a look at it also to see if there's any hidden "gotcha's" you may have missed that could cause problems in the future.

And if you were being annoying, most of us wouldn't bother to help you, so don't worry about it
Deceased
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:22 AM
OK, one thing I'm seeing is that you can remove the lines from the Stare interaction, they don't do anything other than probably trigger an exception error.
Code:
    <U n="outcome">
            <T n="force_outcome_on_exit">True</T>
            <L n="loot_list">
              <T>16765771817347652838<!--DramaticGamer:CursedPainting_Stare--></T>
              <T>77372<!--death_Fire--></T>

</L>
          </U>

<V t="single" n="outcome">
    <U n="single">
      <U n="interactions">
        <L n="loot_list">
        </L>
      </U>
    </U>
  </V>
and further down...
Code:
        <U>
          <L n="potential_outcomes">
            <U>
              <U n="outcome">
                <L n="continuation">
                  <U>
                    <T n="affordance">77372<!--death_Fire--></T>
                    <E n="target">Invalid</E>
                  </U>
                </L>
              </U>
            </U>
          </L>
          </U>
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:35 AM
OK, one thing I'm seeing is that you can remove the lines from the Stare interaction, they don't do anything other than probably trigger an exception error.
Code:
    <U n="outcome">
            <T n="force_outcome_on_exit">True</T>
            <L n="loot_list">
              <T>77372<!--death_Fire--></T>

</L>
          </U>

<V t="single" n="outcome">
    <U n="single">
      <U n="interactions">
        <L n="loot_list">
        </L>
      </U>
    </U>
  </V>
and further down...
Code:
        <U>
          <L n="potential_outcomes">
            <U>
              <U n="outcome">
                <L n="continuation">
                  <U>
                    <T n="affordance">77372<!--death_Fire--></T>
                    <E n="target">Invalid</E>
                  </U>
                </L>
              </U>
            </U>
          </L>
          </U>

I got rid of them right after I uploaded the file , thanks alot .

now I'm trying to add a custom buff that I created so sims who don't catch on fire get it .
but once again it doesn't work for some reason .
I tested an in-game buff to see if that will work & it did , sims who didn't catch on fire got the "Unpleasant woohoo" which was for testing .

this is how the code looks like now

Code:
<V t="dual" n="outcome">

<U n="dual">

<U n="failure_actions">

<L n="loot_list">

<T>9263613942572413690</T> "The custom buff instance"

</L>

</U>

<U n="success_actions">
        <L n="continuation">
          <U>
            <T n="affordance">16765771817347652838</T>
            </U>
</L>

</U>

<U n="success_chance">

<T n="base_chance">50</T>

</U>

</U>

</V>

I included the file if You want to look at it .

I'm sorry for asking for too much , but what You're doing is really great , I'm learning how to make advanced mods as I progress with this one , so hopefully I'll be able to create good mods in future based on what I learned here ♥
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Cursed Painting Custom Buff Issue.rar (290.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

Deceased
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:34 AM
Well, buffs are a whole other kettle of beans. To apply the buff you would typically want to create a loot_action that activates the buff, so you'd need two more XML files. The loot_actions are in the actions folder of the XML so you can look at some of the simpler ones of those, e.g. 1A1A9 (loot_Career_Buff_Athelete_2_Angry). As you can see looking at that, you can set the buff type (the buff instance which you've already written) and a reason for the sim getting the buff which would be displayed when the player hovers over that buff icon (add a new string to the STBL, something like "(From Surviving Cursed Painting)".

You'll want to set a buff name and description in the buff XML as well unless you want the buff to be "hidden" from the player (you probably want them to be able to see it).

Looks like you already created the DATA file for the buff, so I won't go over that - other than that you should make the XML buff name/description match up to that.

ETA - To clarify then, the "loot_action" in the interaction should point to your "action" XML, which then points to your "buff"
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:38 PM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:08 PM.
Well, buffs are a whole other kettle of beans. To apply the buff you would typically want to create a loot_action that activates the buff, so you'd need two more XML files. The loot_actions are in the actions folder of the XML so you can look at some of the simpler ones of those, e.g. 1A1A9 (loot_Career_Buff_Athelete_2_Angry). As you can see looking at that, you can set the buff type (the buff instance which you've already written) and a reason for the sim getting the buff which would be displayed when the player hovers over that buff icon (add a new string to the STBL, something like "(From Surviving Cursed Painting)".

You'll want to set a buff name and description in the buff XML as well unless you want the buff to be "hidden" from the player (you probably want them to be able to see it).

Looks like you already created the DATA file for the buff, so I won't go over that - other than that you should make the XML buff name/description match up to that.

ETA - To clarify then, the "loot_action" in the interaction should point to your "action" XML, which then points to your "buff"

YOU ARE , A MAGICAL SUPER HERO !!!!!
Not only the buff worked ! but I also learned how to make a broadcaster ! .

I managed to add a broadcaster to the interaction where sims react to the burning sim ! "OMG , THE FUTURE POSSIBILITIES" I have tons of mod ideas for this feature only !

Now , I'm experiencing a small problem where Buff's name & description doesn't show up , even though the instance matches the strings added in the STBL file , only the buff "Reason" shows up

I hope You can help me with this

I remade the buff from scratch & the problem was solved ! , I think the buff's data was corrupted .
, I'm soooo close on finishing this mod & I learned so many new things thanks to You !

I'll upload the file so You can look at it but be careful ! the file is clustered with un-used references that I added for researches & tests , please ignore them , I will tidy everything up & remove unwanted things when I finish creating the mod
Thanks alot ! I love YOU :lovestruc
Screenshots

Deceased
#32 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bella3lek4
Not only the buff worked ! but I also learned how to make a broadcaster !

Nice! Should be pretty cool (hot?) when you're done! I'm looking forward to seeing the final results.
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 5:40 PM
Nice! Should be pretty cool (hot?) when you're done! I'm looking forward to seeing the final results.

Thank You so much , this makes me even more excited to finish it .

I have a little problem with the static commodities "Sims needs" , I'm trying to make changes to my sims needs through my interaction but it's not working for me .
I tried to change the hygiene stat as a start but had no luck .

I tried this code

Code:
<V n="periodic_stat_change" t="enabled">
        <U n="enabled">
          <U n="operation_actions">     
          </U>
          <L n="operations">
            <V t="statistic_change">
              <U n="statistic_change">
                <T n="advertise">False</T>
                <T n="amount">4</T>
                <T n="stat">16657<!--motive_Hygiene--></T>             
              </U>
            </V>
          </L>
        </U>
      </V> 

But didn't work .

also do You know if I can add more than one broadcaster to 1 interaction ? so the interaction broadcasts 2 "or more" different statics & sims have more than one reaction to the event . ?

Thank You so much .

Deceased
#34 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:20 AM
Which interaction are you adding the periodic_stat_change to? That amount is how much their hygiene motive would change per sim minute of the interaction, so if you're putting it into the actual "burn" interaction I believe that is relatively short (just a couple minutes to set them on fire and then they react using other interactions). You could try increasing the amount of the change.

Also, I assume you've put that in the right place, it should be within the flexible length's basic content. And grouped with the other "operations" as there are already some stat change operations in those. I'd have to see the full code to be able to say whether it's definitely in the right place.

Looks basically correct though.

As for the broadcasters, that appears to be a TunableList according to the tuning description, so you should be able to put multiple entries into the interaction.
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 12:54 AM
Which interaction are you adding the periodic_stat_change to? That amount is how much their hygiene motive would change per sim minute of the interaction, so if you're putting it into the actual "burn" interaction I believe that is relatively short (just a couple minutes to set them on fire and then they react using other interactions). You could try increasing the amount of the change.

Also, I assume you've put that in the right place, it should be within the flexible length's basic content. And grouped with the other "operations" as there are already some stat change operations in those. I'd have to see the full code to be able to say whether it's definitely in the right place.

As for the broadcasters, that appears to be a TunableList according to the tuning description, so you should be able to put multiple entries into the interaction.

Thanks alot ! , the interaction that I added the stat change to , didn't have a flexible length tuning . I added a flexible length to it & it worked , however some things in the interaction stopped working & I couldn't figure out the problem.
I ended up by adding the stat change to another interaction that had the first interaction as an outcome & It worked . :lovestruc

Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:45 AM

I finally finished working on the base version of the MOD "I'm planning to make multiple versions like autonomous or not" & I want You to be the first to test it !

Thank You soooo much for helping me create this mod , I learned so many things that I can create other mods with & things are way easier for me now "I'm sure I'll run into some problems later-on , but for now things are great"
I really appreciate all the time You took to help me with this & I wish You a great life . You're awesome ! :lovestruc

I also want to thank @plasticbox for helping me & telling me valuable info !
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Cursed Painting Perfect.rar (304.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Deceased
#37 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:09 PM
Looking good, congratulations!

I haven't seen a sim use it autonomously yet, but that's a good thing you don't want sims drawn to it like mad. I assume you've tuned it so it can occur, just not often and I haven't had long to play with it. Your string for catching fire has *DEBUG* in it which looks sort of odd, but that's an easy fix. I like the notifications. I'm kind of ambivalent about the cash reward for beating the curse, but I guess it's a good reward for having set fire to a bunch of other sims when someone finally beats the curse -- it's a reasonable amount and far from a "money for nothing" cheat.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:23 PM
Looking good, congratulations!

I haven't seen a sim use it autonomously yet, but that's a good thing you don't want sims drawn to it like mad. I assume you've tuned it so it can occur, just not often and I haven't had long to play with it. Your string for catching fire has *DEBUG* in it which looks sort of odd, but that's an easy fix. I like the notifications. I'm kind of ambivalent about the cash reward for beating the curse, but I guess it's a good reward for having set fire to a bunch of other sims when someone finally beats the curse -- it's a reasonable amount and far from a "money for nothing" cheat.

Glad You like it , I am making an autonomous version of the painting so players decide which version they want . I set the current one to be user-directed only .
I fixed the *Debug* string while making the other versions , I'm still testing everything & making sure that everything is going right .

again thank You so much :lovestruc

Page 2 of 2