Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 10:18 AM
Default (funny) Here is comparison between Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 11:12 AM
I don't mind if the meat is sold separate. I'm a vegetarian.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I don't mind if the meat is sold separate. I'm a vegetarian.

LOL, so am I but would be more than a little annoyed to be served an empty bun and have to go looking for the veggie burger patty.

I once took a flight that served a meal (gasp...oh wait, it was trans-continental) and somehow got misclassified as vegan rather than just veggie. That's fine, but while everyone around me was enjoying cheese and crackers for their appetizer, I was served crackers and (more) crackers. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 12:52 AM
Oh, so so true.
EA -----> Pay up, chump!
Us ----->
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 1:09 AM

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I dare you guys to post these in the TS4 forum.

I was thinking something similar earlier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I dare you guys to post these in the TS4 forum.

Disagree button will go skyrocket.
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 8:10 AM
Thread would be locked for negativity and I'd be accused of ruining the enjoyment of the game by its fans.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:38 PM
Yeaaah, it's one thing to post these sorts of things in the Sims 3 forum (or even the Sims 2 one if applicable), but another to post them in the forum for the game that's being made fun of... :P

Sorry for being out of the loop when it comes to TS4 stuff, but what's a "game pack"? Other than another way for EA to take TS4 players' money? (The money taking part is obvious enough.)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 11th Oct 2015 at 4:08 PM.
How is this a tasty, delicious hamburger ? :3 All kids in TS3 look the same with big heads lol. Sorry, don't mean to offend their looks, but they all have that annoyed expression on their faces. And the toddlers weren't as cute as TS2. Although I admit Carol looks cutie in this picture.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
How is this a tasty, delicious hamburger ? :3 All kids in TS3 look the same with big heads lol. Sorry, don't mean to offend their looks, but they all have that annoyed expression on their faces. And the toddlers weren't as cute as TS2. Although I admit Carol looks cutie in this picture.

It's definitely a hamburger compared to TS4, at least. Sims 3 maybe isn't as good as Sims 2, but I still enjoy playing both games.

Is it just me, or does EA/Maxis seem to be trying to prove that the previous installment isn't really that bad? Sims 2 received a lot of complaints about being self-corrupting in a vanilla game, then Sims 3 came out. People complained about the game being slow and laggy, along with having a ton of pay content. Them TS4 came out toddler-and-vehicle-and-CAST-free. Not to mention that pools and ghosts were gone when the game was released.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 4:38 PM
"It's definitely a hamburger compared to TS4, at least. "

Well, I only miss toddlers and shorter teens. Kids are my favorite age group and they're adorable in TS4.
Personally I don't really care for CAST.
Enjoy your TS3 hamburger, though.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:11 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 11th Oct 2015 at 7:02 PM.
"It's definitely a hamburger compared to TS4, at least. "

Well, I only miss toddlers and shorter teens. Kids are my favorite age group and they're adorable in TS4.
Personally I don't really care for CAST.
Enjoy your TS3 hamburger, though.

Yum, yum! Neighborhood Screens. For me this is where it all breaks down, completely destroys the immersion.

Sims 4: 2015, 3 previous titles, and this is what they've come up with. Thanks for the crust of bread, hope I have enough to buy the water.

Oh well, it's so hard now to do things, we really can't expect them to keep up with Sims 3 standards, a sumptuous feast (this is a rather bland example, just check some of the user created worlds here or on the exchange). It's not like you can actually go to all the cool places you see, oh wait..:

Surely it's better than Sims 2, which came out 11 years ago (a meal at your local diner)...I mean who needs more than white blobs/saltine crackers?

Maybe we're expecting too much, it's only been fifteen years since they created this with Sims 1, what are we, gluttons?:

CAS is better, like a dollop of chocolate icing though with no cake.

Sims 2: Tom and Goldberry Bombadil, lots of CC:

Sims 3 Tom and Goldberry Bombadil (no CC other than extended sliders):

Sims 4 Tom and Goldberry Bombadil, lots of CC needed:

Theorist
#16 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:32 PM

I totally agree TS3 toddlers are nowhere nearly as adorable as TS2 toddlers were. However, my Sim family recently raised up three children and only one of them went through her childhood looking like she wanted to kill me every time I directed her to do something. The other two were downright cute. As teens, the angry looking one doesn't look nearly as angry but she's also rather homely and her two sisters who were pretty cute as children are really cute as teens.

As for how is it a delicious hamburger (and believe me, it's not just about toddlers)? It's because base TS3 was fleshed out with a lot of things. In TS2 it took an expansion pack to introduce cars and driving. It took another to introduce gardens and fishing. Those features were in base TS3. Open worlds and CASt are two of TS3's most awesome features. Sure, they can cause lag but that's due to poor programming and bad world designing on the parts of the devs. (The more I've learned about the nuts and bolts behind what drives TS3 it's completely incomprehensible to me that the developers didn't rework those systems properly for TS4 instead of throwing them out all together.) There are a lot of things I think were done better in TS2 but there are also a number of things done better in TS3 than in TS2.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:38 PM
I don't see any ketchup for the cheeseburger or fries.

For shame.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Instructor
#18 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:18 PM
Ketchup classifies as mods in both games.
Scholar
#19 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 12:43 AM
How is this a tasty, delicious hamburger ?

Except the OP is clearly referring to the level of content in both games, so I'm not sure what the point of that picture is.

Theorist
#20 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 1:14 AM
^ Other than the poster to use yet another opportunity to crap on TS3, you mean?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#21 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 1:32 AM
The first post of this thread makes me hungry....
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:34 AM
I wouldn't mind the lack of a colour wheel in TS4 so much if you could change each preset channel independently like TS2, but nooo, that's to difficult!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 9:20 AM
TS4 is like rum. It's bitter at first, then it becomes sweet as you get used to it, but then once you get over-exposed and develop a hangover, you begin to simply exclaim to oneself never again.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 9:26 AM
To me, it's like overcharging for sushi at a restaurant by jacking up the prices for rice, filler, nori and use of the soy sauce and/or wasabi.

The three previous titles were like getting a Japanese feast that No-Face would devour and I'd ask for another helping.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Alchemist
#25 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
TS4 is like rum. It's bitter at first, then it becomes sweet as you get used to it, but then once you get over-exposed and develop a hangover, you begin to simply exclaim to oneself never again.

The Sims 4 basically reminds me of the turkey from the 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' movie. It comes to my mind every single time.

Page 1 of 2