Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mid-Century Central Florida Ranch: 3b/2b/carport

by CatherineTCJD Posted 8th Nov 2015 at 5:44 AM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 5:00 PM by CatherineTCJD

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 1:55 PM
Wonderful And yes, so much more difficult to clean small bathrooms too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 3:28 PM
Really like this house and your story about it. Thank you :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 3:31 PM
This is one of the most realistic homes I have seen. I love all the quirks-giant bedroom and tiny bathroom. This will be my Sunday download. Thanks!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 5:30 PM
YAY! I'm glad ya'll like it More "quirks" - if you click through to the Zillow listing, you'll see that our landlord bought this place for $54K last year. It had been repossessed by the bank, and vandalized - especially the outside. There are remnants of some pretty awful graffiti on the backside of the carport's side, wall and on the kitchen cabinets (I've hung some decorative tea-towels over the inside cabinet damages.) Also, the ceilings throughout the house have severe water damage - they look a lot like the dirt flooring I used in the simmed version! Our landlord is a contractor, so he's done a quick "patch" job on everything. There's a new roof and no mold, thankfully. My favorite part of the house is the park-like view of our neighbors lawn... I can sit for hours at the large front window and watch the squirrels and kitties and birds playing across the street!

Thank you soooo much for commenting

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 2:59 PM
I love your house Catherine! It's like you had us over! The carport is great! Looks absolutely real.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 9:51 PM
Gorgeous build and I love the house The bathrooms are the size of my one bathroom in my house!

Please can you check the CC links on these items:
- computer-techie by Meringue @ GoS: needs to go to the item please
- Modern Fence Low by lirunchik @ Black Pearl Sims: this is a dead link, BPS is no more
- Cyan Fence white by wideopeneyes @ TSR and Riekus13 @ Tumblr: which creator made this?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 11:09 PM
Yes, well... Those are the three items I couldn't find direct links to. The items are included - so no one has to go looking for them.

I finally found lirunchik's fence at TSR - that link has been changed. DONE

I spent 2 days looking for the link to the computer *sigh* The best I could do was link to the creators profile at GoS.

The Cyan fence is by wideopeneyes at TSR - and the link goes directly there. However, it was recolored by Riekus13 at BPS, at some point in time - and that recolor is the one I used. But, Riekus13's Simblr (and archive) do not have a record of the recolor. The 2nd link goes to her Simblr.

I hope this will suffice? Unless anyone else knows where to find these last 2 items?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 5:08 AM
You nailed it! As a native Floridian, I got a blast of nostalgia when I saw this house. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 5:15 PM
tanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:26 PM
Thank you