Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 4:43 AM
Looking Good! I Mean The Pictures of the world, Why Would U Think That. LOL
#AMAZING, Can't Wait For It To Be Finished! <3 I also Loved Castaway Stories, But Also I Still Play It occasionally :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 3:01 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:47 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Swaying Palms Luau
Reachable only via narrow dirt paths of the thick island jungle, there's the Valley Village. It's got quite a few unique locations; one of them is the partyground Swaying Palms.

Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 4:22 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:51 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Saltwater Pools
Arguably the freshest air to breathe on Felicity Island is the air of the steamy Saltwater Pools.

Nearby there's a small lagoon with a waterfall. Ah, nature.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#29 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:56 PM
I always loved waterfalls, also in real life. Your waterfall! It's just... beyond amazing. :lovestruc

Maybe some more plants near it would make it look more exotic. But it's your neighborhood, of course.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 9:59 AM
Thanks for the tip. With plants, I just pick a few and scatter them across the lot. I haven't even noticed that I missed the entire waterfall area.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:49 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:54 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default The Jungle Quart
The Highlands, minus the two yet unbuilt huts.

This is a sample high-capacity hut that can be found in Highlands.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:28 AM
Wow, the pictures are greet! So are the Island!

Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 9:56 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 2:56 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Sunny Residence
Anyone who's played Castaway Stories will know the name of this lot. However, since "Village Residence" was a thing in my Felicity Island before the actual lot recreation took place (first post in this thread), this one is called "Sunny Residence."

Reason for naming it "Sunny"? I guess there's a district of the village called Sunny, because every lot of the "district" has that prefix. Sunny Hangout, Sunny Pathway... and I was this close to naming the luau "Sunny Luau."

The most symbolic things are here: the raft, the green hut, and the weird routing fashion.

Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#34 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 10:04 PM
It looks beautiful! :lovestruc

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 10:18 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 3:00 PM.
click me!
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:03 AM
This looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in game! Thank you for sharing it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd May 2016 at 11:09 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 3:05 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Lucky Tides Resort
In a parallel universe, Felicity Island is a huge exotic destination. Hundreds of Sims every year fly across the ocean to hopefully find accommodation in the most luxurious of hotels, where they stay by night. By day, on the other hand, they continue to explore the culture of the natives, attending free of charge exhibitions to the Sanctuary of Tuzu and the Ancient Northern Ruins, or by paying a fee to fly in a helicopter and see the vast jungle from above, or get on a glass bottom boat at the Village Harbor and explore the colorful underwater reefs of the southern shore.

If your Sims are a bit too rich, you might want to consider having them spend a week in heap of luxury: the Lucky Tides Resort.

By checking in, they'll get a key to their very own I-went-for-the-Island-Paradise-houseboat-look!

The glass is coated with a layer of nanoparticles making it stain resistant. You can touch it or drool on it as much as you'd want; you won't have to pay extra for the housekeeping.

Scholar
#38 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:07 AM
I don't see why you can't have both.
I was looking for more Castaway style objects and thanks to you I was able to get ones that I couldn't find.

My own Islands are very loosely based on the Sims 2 Castaway PSP version as I wanted that kind of stuff for the True Sims 2 Game. Still hunting for Llama Royality Statues and a way to make a cave. Your Felicity Island brings that one step closer
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th May 2016 at 1:40 AM
Your neighborhood is so beautiful, and I love that lavish hotel. :lovestruc You've managed to do things with this neighborhood that I've never really seen accomplished before, and you did it so wonderfully. That ocean floor is beautiful and very reminiscent of Castaway. Hopefully one day my sims can visit!

Somewhat hypocritically, I think I prefer the culturally-intact Felicity Island over the idea of it solely being a vacation hotspot. That's what I always disliked about the default BV destinations -- they never really felt like they had an existence or a history outside of tourism (in my opinion). I agree with Sims2Christain -- Felicity Island seems like the type of place that would attract wealthy tourists for its luxury, but would make 'em stay for the history and the culture. It could definitely offer the best of both worlds!

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 4th May 2016 at 10:08 AM Last edited by DJ. : 4th May 2016 at 10:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Still hunting for Llama Royality Statues and a way to make a cave.
The entrance to the Temple of Tuzu is above ground, but the sanctuary itself is located in the cavern; the basement of the pyramid. It's not a natural walk-in cave, but by experimenting with the foundation tool and adding a bunch of decorative boulders (perhaps Marvine's, the ones that come with the waterfall shower) around it, you could tinker with the "cave" a bit further until you're happy with the result.

Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
(...) about the default BV destinations -- they never really felt like they had an existence or a history outside of tourism (...)
I couldn't agree more. I was at first dazzled with the beaches and features and all, but I quickly managed to create a picture in my head that those locals are either hired actors that teach you hula, or natives which have absolutely no occupation other than being a local entertainer/sightseeing guide or whatever. EA could've gone a bit further by adding their village or something in the hills of Twikkii Island, where you could visit if you made close friends with the locals (or stay there if you felt like it!). The same goes for Three Lakes and Takemizu Village.
Theorist
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 3:06 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Aerial Shots of the Voyage Version
Regarding the vacation destination version of Felicity, here are some aerial shots of that version of the island.

In general, majority of the jungle of the Outlands has been cleared up to make room for the airport terminal Bella Felicis. Furthermore, the Grasslands have gotten a new name - Scavenger Fields, with Scavenger Campgrounds sporting a whooping 3 star rating! (Converted to hotel-level lodging ratings, this converts to about 0.5 stars.) Also, while the South Village is getting a makeover, with malls, high-rating hotels and other goodies, the Highlands stand high and proud, having no outside world interfere with its architecture and culture (although the villagers do welcome tourists if any of them would like to buy the local huts).

There's a bus line connecting the airport to the main road, the first stop being "Lucky Tides" beach resort. The buses are relatively new, but drive on natural gas, providing pollution-free rides - and the best part; bus pass expenses are included in the total trip fare!

Heading south, there's only one intersection, and it's found in the heart of the jungle, right next to the Sanctuary of Tuzu, which is now a massive tourist attraction. The admittance ticket is $0! (Other types of sightseeing, such as the helicopter tour and glass bottom boat tour, are managed by SimCity rather than Trip To Felicity™ company, and their rates may differ.)

This is the "Hot Springs" Remedy & Spa, currently without the remedy and spa. I have big plans for this one... I'm thinking about preserving the hot springs as they were in nature, and building the spa center around them. Sort of like that waterpark in Germany, but way less exciting. But this all will have to wait a looong time before being acted upon.

Until my A-levels are through, that is.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 3:09 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Swaying Palms & Sunset Shallows
A quick update! Swaying Palms is now a separate "district" of the island, counting five lots: Swaying Palms Luau, Swaying Palms Resort, Sunset Shallows, a nightclub and a mall (the last two currently sporting generic names until I think of a good one).

The Valley Village doesn't feel left out - quite the contrary - since not everyone can afford spending a week at the Resort, the huts of Valley Village are becoming way too crowded!

This is the new territory:

And this is a preview of Sunset Shallows:

Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:29 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 4:07 PM. Reason: storytime
Default The Three Temples
As the works on the vacation destination are soon to come to a close, one of the Sims of the paranormal career decided to hop to the Aurora Glade one day.

They found that the stones have some sort of ancient markings engraved on them. They transcribed the letters onto a sheet of paper. At first it seems that the letter was too hard to decode and that they quit... but they did happen to circle one part of the letter, creating an impression that they clearly do understand what the ancients wrote.

The said Sim that transcribed the markings has since mysteriously disappeared and was never heard from again.

Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:49 PM Last edited by DJ. : 20th Jul 2017 at 4:20 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default Swaying Palms Resort

click me!
Test Subject
#45 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 8:00 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. I like the conception from the linguistic point of view too (I studied Linguistics at college). May I use this screenshot for my project? I can't indicate the forum resource, so I need an official reference. Where can I find it? Thanks.
Page 2 of 2