Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Logical Cooking

by plasticbox Posted 28th Dec 2015 at 4:20 AM - Updated 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:39 PM by plasticbox

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 4:35 AM
Nice! thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 2:59 PM
I like!! thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:23 PM
Ah, making my garden produce necessary! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:36 PM
Great Mod!! Thank you :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 6:37 PM
Really awesome mod! Gives me a since of reality of cooking, especially if a sim is on a budget!
If you would ever consider trying to do something like this to bar drink prices that'd be amazing!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:13 PM
Really love your recent cooking mods! I was hoping TS4 would bring a more realistic cooking system (as in, buying ingredients in order to cook a meal etc), but sadly it didn't deliver. This adds some much needed realism!

I removed the 'no free snacks v.2' mod (by newtoongamer http://modthesims.info/d/552842), because I noticed this mod also changes the prices of quick meals (and I thought it might conflict), but in my game only the prices for yoghurt, chips and cereal have changed, the others are all still free?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:25 PM
Thank you
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Dec 2015 at 9:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
in my game only the prices for yoghurt, chips and cereal have changed, the others are all still free?

Yes, see the list in the first post (the big long one on the spoiler) -- those are the snacks that are included in this. (I wouldn't call juice a "snack", although you're right, technically it is one)

E: Edited the OP so now it explicitely lists yoghurt/cereal/chips, instead of "snacks". Thanks for the heads-up!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 11:34 PM
Thank you so much!! I am loving your recent cooking mods and i'm looking forward to what recipes other modders will come up with.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 1:39 AM
Thank you, I can[t wait to see all the delicious food~ Truly talented!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 8:06 AM
Interesting will make things more challenging. Thanks for the effort, your ideas are very creative.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 4:40 PM
wooah I love you !!! Thank you sooooo much for this mod !!! Really Awesome !!! <3
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 12:44 AM
Thankyou for itemising the list and overriding it, it makes it more better now, Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 3:09 AM
Love it! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM
This will put to use all the produce in the fridge!!! Thanks so much I'm glad I came across this!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:54 AM
Thank you! My gardening Sims acquire so much produce it's crazy. Even in big families I always have a surplus. This is definitely a much more logical approach.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:11 AM
Love making my game more realistic, even if it means less money for my sims! Thanks so much for this!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 12:47 AM
I can't get the apple pie to function correctly. All other recipes are working, but the serve apple pie my sims are unable to take a slice. The "slice" is another whole pie, and the sim resets and is unable to eat it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 5:57 AM
Have you tested this without other CC? Far as I can see they are linked correctly.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 2:06 PM
Finally some logic in this insanity Really cool that's there's an optional ingredients version and some recipes for the lettuce!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 8:15 PM
Just wondering if I'm incredibly blind, I couldn't find the 26/01 update, which adds the microwave snacks? I'm really enjoying all the new cooking options by the way, thank you so much!
EDIT: Just checked again to make sure I'm not an idiot, and there they were Nevermind!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:55 PM
Thank you!!!
Please, a question, just to make sure I'm not getting this wrong. I want the Ooptional version and I also want to add the Microwave snacks. It's ok to use BOTH these downloads, right?
Many thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:03 AM
Yes; the microwave stuff does not have ingredients in the first place so you can use it with either version.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 5:20 AM
Thank you very much for responding so quickly and for sharing your amazing works!!!
Page 1 of 2