Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:05 PM
I have a question about CC skins. I always see them naked, does that mean they don't have the default underwear on them in game? I would like to use them, but I'd rather not have a naked person on my screen when my family walks past.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:24 PM
My sims are only naked when they're supposed to be? Like, in the shower? Naked is actually an outfit, just like underwear are an outfit. I'm not sure where you are seeing naked sims, but my guess is that they have the naked outfit set as the default for one of the regular outfits? Unless you are just talking about the skin previews, where the creator is showing what the naked outfit looks like.

The only other time I've seen naked sims is when one of the other outfits fail to generate for some reason, but I think that's an EA bug.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#28 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
My sims are only naked when they're supposed to be? Like, in the shower? Naked is actually an outfit, just like underwear are an outfit. I'm not sure where you are seeing naked sims, but my guess is that they have the naked outfit set as the default for one of the regular outfits? Unless you are just talking about the skin previews, where the creator is showing what the naked outfit looks like.

They only other time I've seen naked sims is when one of the other outfits fail to generate for some reason, but I think that's an EA bug.

Thank you! I didn't know that it was an outfit and that the creators were using the outfit for the preview. I thought that the private parts replaced the default underwear in CAS,
Theorist
#29 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:31 PM
Oh no, they are just showcasing what they've done to the whole skin. If you remove the blur and check out your sim in the shower (you pervert, lol - J/K, couldn't resist), you will see the bodies are very "Barbie-like". There are custom skins out there that use the same Barbie look (some on this site, in fact), and there are some that make the skins more realistic. But you still select the outfits you want them to wear for Everyday, Sleep, etc.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:25 PM
I wanna post a make-over!! >< Can I? Can I?!
Okay, so here's Bridgeport's Jun Xu (without those demn glasses!)

and that.. weird...party...outfit...

Guess who's happy with her makeover?!

Ta-da! New party outfit!

Field Researcher
#31 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
Oh my gosh, Jun Xu looks SOO much better there. Thumbs up. I like her tights too. *goes off to search for them* (a pm to compass-point would not be unappreciated.)

"edited to say I accidentally hit "love" on my own post when I meant the one above, so removed it. In case anyone was wondering, which is probably unlikely.*

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Instructor
#32 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:43 PM
It's time Bella Swan Bailey Swain got the makeover she so desperately needed. I hardly touched any of her facial features beyond her eyes.
Before:

After:
Inventor
#33 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Don Lothario (TS3 >> TS2)

He would be the perfect match to this Bella Goth!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
Oh my gosh, Jun Xu looks SOO much better there. Thumbs up. I like her tights too. *goes off to search for them* (a pm to compass-point would not be unappreciated.)

"edited to say I accidentally hit "love" on my own post when I meant the one above, so removed it. In case anyone was wondering, which is probably unlikely.*

I had to shrink her boobs too ^^; Her hair clipped through it really badly

I'll be sure to pm you the link when I get it right now ><

Thanks for the looove! Jun is happy ^^

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Alchemist
#35 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:08 AM
@Cystr()city - that's amazing! Jun actually looks Asian for once and her outfit looks great!

@MistressTiffany - for once, EA managed to capture that look of apathy that Bella/Kristen seem to wear all the time...

Shing Hong from Shang Simla (whom my sim snagged after she was old enough ):

And Liu Pei, who turned out to be part of the local mafia:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:11 AM
@sweetdevil - I always looked at her and wondered if there was a pretty Asian chick under all that.... EA... 60's... party style

I blame ribbonista for getting me hooked on townie makeovers!!

Here's my take on the Mixture of Good and Bad household; I've kept a majority of the original Sims' styles and appearances ^^

Grown-up Bianca Rubble:

Girly, young Lilly-bo Chique

Sophisticated (excluding that trampstamp!! ) Marina Prattle

I can't edit Beau because MasterController keeps crashing my CAS so I had to leave him be. No vampire makeovers for me

Alchemist
#37 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:28 PM
@Cystr()city - you managed to make some Bridgeport sims look actually good! My fave is Bianca

I remade Agnes Crumplebottom (though I think I didn't change much about her):

And her sister, Cornelia Goth:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM
@sweetdevil - Thanks ^^ I'm gonna try revamping (hehehe vampire joke) all the EA's I really like your makeovers! ^^ They still make it easy to identify the characters

Instructor
#39 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 5:22 PM Last edited by JessiL : 16th Jan 2016 at 7:43 PM.
I've been in Twinbrook lately and have a few to share:

I felt so bad for poor Chase Bayless. I know she's supposed to be ugly, but I just couldn't stand it.

She can still go fishing in the swamp and now she wont get her pants wet.

Next up was Sofia Carlton. I didn't see how she could be the star stylist when she looked like fashion disaster!

She refused to give up her hot pink, but at least its toned down a bit.

Buddy Bailey was just walking past when I dragged him in. He looked more like a rebellious teen than an eco-friendly artist:

And last was Milly Pidgin. I have absolutely no idea why she looked so eccentric when she is completely normal:

I kept her "fixy old woman" look while getting rid of the just plain weird.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM
Oh man, I've done tons of makeovers. Will update this post once I have some screens.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:31 PM
I love lub luuuubs looking at everyone's makeovers XD

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:14 PM
Cookies to whoever can guess the names of:

and

Alchemist
#43 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM
@Cystr()city - the first one's Apollo...something and the second one is Tiara(?) Angelista?

Can I post the ones from my weeaboo phase? I mean, no one said they have to be good makeovers
No clue who these sims are, but they're from Shang Simla.

The blonde one is quite possibly the epitome of my weeb career.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:41 AM
@Wojtek - cookies to you! ^^ *hands over plateful* Thanks! ^^ I couldn't stand how my default skin made her look really bug-eyed. I was actually really creeped out by it Vita looks a lot moar realistic now too! I like how approachful her appearance is ><

@sweetdevil - you get cookie too! *hands over plateful* The second actual celebrity is Emmy Starr. I just caught her wandering around and decided to fix her up ^^; The weeb phase is strong with these ones

Alchemist
#45 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 5:15 PM
*munches on cookies XD *
@Cystr()city - most of the sims in Bridgeport have very exaggerated features, like vampires with super sharp cheekbones and jaws.

ARE YOU READY FOR MORE AWFUL MAKEOVERS, MTS?

IDK if this fits under "weeaboo makeover fad", but these are definitely awful. The blue skin is meant to say they're vampires - this is, of course, a pre-Late Night game, when the proper lifestate didn't exist yet.

I'm seriously in doubt which is the worse look for Amy Bull: the EA one or my makeover:

Same for this sim, whom I think is Penny Pincher:

(The weird lighting on these two pics is due to the fact that the makeovers took place during ghostbusting operations.)

Caught Blaise Kindle in a less-than-flattering pose, mid-sneeze:

*oprah.gif* "YOU'RE a vampire! And YOU'RE a vampire! EVERYONE'S a vampire!"

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 5:56 PM
I truly love all of these makeovers and I am inspired to share some of my own... at some point so in the mean time I will just continue 'liking' these since many are fab. Seriously. almost everything and everyone EA has pre-made need makeovers and renovation. It is almost as if they gave everyone and everything the worst possible aesthetic to force the users to change them.
Scholar
#47 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 6:02 AM Last edited by TigerAnne : 21st Jan 2016 at 12:41 PM.

This is Renee William-Brown, as I re-imagined her.

Jenny Jones-Brown.

Silver Racket.

Connor Frio.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 8:02 AM
EA's vampires are in desperate need of a makeover, especially the Bridgeport ones. Especially especially Vladimir Schlick. Jesus Christ I tried once and didn't know where the fuck to even start.

Maybe I should've used a shovel.

(So basically good job to anyone who can make him look less horrifying!)
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 2:23 AM
Challenge Accepted!

Before:

After:

Didn't even change his clothes.

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Scholar
#50 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:32 PM
@Wojtek Thanks! I didn't even commit surgery on Connor, just changed his beard.

Lisa Bunch and Holly Alto.

Jared Frio.

Connor, take two.

Pauline Wan.
Page 2 of 6