Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#51 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:09 PM
To find which object tuning a woodwork sculpture is using, look at the tuning reference in OBJD. You can't copy stuff from a recipe to the object tuning of something else.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Sooo, a little stuck again... :P
A bit confused...
So, I compared the Toy MXL "object_toyHandGENToyBoxDino_01" with the knife block sculpture XML "recipe_woodwork_sculpture_knifeblock"...I can't find any other knifeblock sculpture that's an "object" instead of "recipe", is that the right one?
I see a bunch of differences, but I'm not sure which ones to add to the toy? And how do I add that changed XML to the OBJD? I see some "components" listed in S4PE, is that what you mean?

Just opened "object_woodworksculpture" instead, or is this the right one? See something about components in there...It's a lot too though?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#53 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:12 PM
The "something about components" is described in abundant detail in the tdescs. Have you ever read them?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The "something about components" is described in abundant detail in the tdescs. Have you ever read them?

Hi Plasticbox, sorry, I'm a bit off today and have a splitting headache, can't think straight :P
Ah, ok, the recipe was wrong, thought that didn't make sense. So the "object_woodwork_sculpture" is probably right, they probably all have the same tuning anyway. I think I might know which components to change, but I'll take a look at the tdescs, no haven't read them yet...stupid question, but...uhem...where do I find them?

But these changes are done in Notepad++ first right?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#55 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:38 PM
Maxis are uploading new tdescs for every patch. See link in the sticky. They keep an index of all that stuff on their own site.

Yeah, Notepad++ or whatever else you feel comfortable with (just NOT the MS notepad or word or something like that! o.O)

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:23 PM Last edited by K9DB : 12th Feb 2016 at 11:06 PM.
What does tdescs stand for?
Found it, took a look, not quite sure what I'm looking for to be honest. Doesn't make much sense yet. I might just take everything that has to do with "quality" and paste it in the toy one and see what happens. How do I get it back into my package from there?

LOL! Nope, no MS notepad ever again! Just wondered for a sec if it could be done directly in S4PE.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#57 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:32 PM
Tdesc means tuning description. That is what has all the info on what the different components etc. do.

To import tuning files into a package, do Import > From File in s4pe. Or replace the existing one, rightclick > replace (and renumber if the ID has changed).

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:46 PM Last edited by K9DB : 12th Feb 2016 at 11:05 PM.
Ah, ok, thought it might be something like that, but can I just import a XML file into there?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:53 PM
Yes, of course.

It can be helpful to keep the tuning separate from the object/s while you're still working on things, if that's why you're wondering (so it's easier to find when you're looking for a particular thing) .. but you can have them all in the same package as well.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:01 PM
Ooooh, ok, I see, so I can add the other XML file to the finished package like that as well later? Hehe, well that explains it, I was gonna ask how you put it all in one package when I was done.

Ok, about to test it, keep your fingers crossed!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:12 PM
Nope, now he's not even completing the woodwork...darn it!! Have to check again...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#62 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:32 PM
Not completing can mean that the game does not find the object that is supposed to be the result. If you change the ID of that, you also need to change the "definition" thing in your recipe.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:46 PM
I didn't change the name/ID of the tuning?

Just redid it, maybe I'm missing something...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#64 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:47 PM
I meant the ID of the *object*, not the tuning.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:58 PM
No, still not finishing. I didn't change it since it worked last, but let me check...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:07 AM Last edited by K9DB : 13th Feb 2016 at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
No, still not finishing. I didn't change it since it worked last, but let me check...

Those still seem to match up?
There is more than one OBJD in the package and I only linked one in the previous XML, but I figure you can't add more than one anyway and it worked yesterday.

E: Just removed the tuning package and now the action finishes as it did yesterday, just with the quality and price are missing (of course).

E: Argh! Just checked the ID's and everything again, but I can't see what I'm missing! Maybe I got the XML wrong?
...and I was on a roll yesterday...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#67 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:33 PM
You would need to post your code for anyone to be able to tell you what is wrong with it.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:28 PM Last edited by K9DB : 13th Feb 2016 at 11:21 PM.
Here it is:
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#69 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:51 PM
Syntax errors. Do you have XML Tools (Notepad++ plugin) installed? If not you should do that.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:16 PM Last edited by K9DB : 13th Feb 2016 at 11:29 PM.
Installation of that plugin keeps failing, I'm going to uninstall Notepad and reinstall

E: It just doesn't want to work I have the latest version, 6.8.8

E: OK, got it in there in a round about way from the internet...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:35 PM
Ok, found this, but don't know what it means?
There's line 165 and the end of the file.
Do you think I edited the rest correctly?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#72 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 12:13 AM
The thin lines at the left with the + and - boxes are showing you the logical structure of the document. Click on the +/- signs to show/hide the nested levels. Seems like you cut off the start of the states list, and now it only sees the end of that and thinks that ought to be where the document ends.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 12:55 AM
Hmm, ok, I'll see if I can figure it out. I think I'll compare two different craftables, like a chair and guitar, and see what they have in common first. Maybe then I'll see what I'm missing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 2:05 AM
Ok, after a few tries I got my sim to finish the carving again, no syntax errors reported...but the quality part is still missing, so I must have the wrong part. Wondered whether I had the part where a sim can create a higher quality object and get more money for it, since my sim only seemed able to carve results with the same price.

So he's busy carving away...when a light appears and he starts floating skyward...my alien sim just got abducted?!...oh come on!! We were working here! He wasn't even in disguise?! Then again, who knows why he's been hiding out on sim planet? Very suspicious...LOL!
Anyway, goodnight, thanks for the help!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 12:08 AM
Hi Plasticbox,
Still can't get it to work. Was wondering, do I need the TuningID (the number there) or do I calculate the Tuning name and replace the instance number with that?
Page 3 of 6