Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:28 AM
Default NRaas Master Controller
I know this probably isn't the best place to ask about this, but: I backed up my saved files, deleted the Cache files (scriptCache, CASPartCache etc..) and whenever I load up the game, it crashes immediately saying that it has "stopped working". I have Windows 10 and I was wondering if anyone were having the same issue and knew how to fix it. Thanks c:
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:51 AM
have you tried starting the game in compatibility-mode?
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 5:08 AM
I'm really unclear on what you're asking about. Did you install Master Controller and then start having a crash problem? If you think your problem is related to how your game is interacting with MC, you should go to nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox, sign up, and start asking your questions there. I did, and I'm really glad I did! The people who maintain and advance the mods are right there and they will join the conversation, along with a crew of other friendly and helpful people.

I love MTS myself but for Nraas things (and some other things), Nraas is the place to go.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 12:39 PM
Are you using the proper version of the mod for your game version? Be sure you use the right version of the mod to go along with the patch your game is using. Also if you use any of the extra modules for MasterController (Cheats, Integration, Expanded Tattoo, Progression) make sure they're the proper version as well. I was just reading about someone on the NRaas site having troubles with the game crashing, and it turns out it was because they were using the wrong Cheats module version. So check your game's patch level and make sure the version of MasterController you're using is the right one, along with any of the extra modules you may be using.

By the way, you should have really posted this in the Help forum. A WCIF topic named NRaas Master Controller makes it seem like you're trying to find the mod, and I'm sure some people might see that title and ignore it assuming you're simply looking for the mod.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 2:53 PM
I will add, if I may, that a common cause for the game crashing immediately upon startup is that the user has installed the MC Progression add-on module without having both the MasterController and the StoryProgression base mods. The Progression module is a bridge between the two base mods and will crash the game every time if both bases are not present.

But if that's not it, yes we can provide more complete support for such issues at NRaas.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
(free registration required to post)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 6:37 PM
Remove your mods and see if the game loads up without crashing. Honestly the only time I have had my game crash as you described is when I had a bad mod.
On the Nraas site it is not hard to download the wrong version of a mod. If you find it's Master Controller crashing your game try checking to make sure you got the correct version.

Master Controller works best with Story Progression. If you aren't using SP I suggest you try it. Once you play with it you will never go back. It's the most amazing mod ever made.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 7:01 PM
Sims 3 version: 16.0.136.019001 , The MC Base Mod ver. I downloaded: 1.66-1.69 .
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 7:44 PM Last edited by haywud : 11th Mar 2016 at 7:59 PM.
You should try the NRaas Mod Updater. I'm not really sure what patch version 16.0.136.019001 actually is, but somehow I doubt you have the right version of MC for your patch level.

Just realized that 16.0.136.019001 is for Seasons, what you need to find is the actual patch level listed for the base game. If you use the launcher it should say by putting your cursor over the base game icon. Looking at the list of Programs and Features in the Control Panel will also say the patch level for the base game.

Not sure why I forgot to mention this, but the NRaas Mod Updater also says your patch level after you install and run it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 8:31 PM
I dont want to be a pest but, I downloaded and tried the NRaas Mod Updater. It went to download all the newest version of all the NRaas mods I have, yes...but regardless of my patch level...
I kept my NRaas mods safe, so I could put them back in. I am not up to date with patch, but I thought I understood that the updater would work according to one's patch level...seems like it is only searching for mods that do have a more recent version.

Though if you are up to date with game patch level, then this updater IS indeed quite a must to have.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball
Sims 3 version: 16.0.136.019001 , The MC Base Mod ver. I downloaded: 1.66-1.69 .

16.0.136 is not a patch level. It is a version of the Seasons EP, which shipped with Patch 1.42 (I think). But you could still be on that patch level or on one higher than that, which can be found as heywood explained. If you really are still on 1.42 or some earlier patch, you might want to use EA's SuperPatcher to bring your game up to 1.67. In fact, you might want to run the SuperPatcher anyway. The Launcher is notorious for providing incomplete patch jobs and reporting that all is well and the job is finished anyway, thus leaving your game in an in between state without your knowing it.
https://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

Certainly if you try to install MC for Patch 1.66-1.69 and you are on a lower patch level, the game will either crash or malfunction in some way.

@Rosebine - If the Mod Updater is not handling updates on earlier patch levels as expected, a post at NRaas might kick up some answers. But I'm not sure that automatic updating when on a less than current patch is a good idea regardless.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:37 PM
I didn't know that o: Well how do I check the patch level ?

I went to the link you had provided for the SuperPatcher, but I'm confused on what to click and download...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:45 PM
The Launcher should tell you what patch level you are on right on its main panel. If it does not, hover your mouse over the base game icon at the bottom and see if it pops up in a tool-tip.

You could also go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features and see how the base game is listed that way.

There is only one link on the SuperPatcher page for Windows users: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownload...40xx_update.exe The others are for Mac users, which is not you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:54 PM
Patch: 1.42.130.019001
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:00 PM
Aha. Okay, you have two choices.

1 - Stay on 1.42 but get the correct (old) version of MasterController to work with it. You will, however, have issues with other mods that may never have been created for that patch level.

2 - Use the SuperPatcher to patch up to 1.67 and then use mods appropriate for that patch level.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:11 PM
Ok, it's updating to Patch 1.67.2. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:25 PM
Everything's working beautifully, I can't believe what I was missing!
Now, which MC patch should I download ?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:38 PM
Now that you are on Patch 1.67, you will want the most recent version of MasterController. I think that's the one you already had, version 133.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterC...er+Phase+Twelve
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

@Rosebine - If the Mod Updater is not handling updates on earlier patch levels as expected, a post at NRaas might kick up some answers. But I'm not sure that automatic updating when on a less than current patch is a good idea regardless.

You know what? I think my post was more about..how I got tricked..thinking I knew how the updater worked
I guess..it is not supposed to download the appropriate mods for you as much as..downloading the most current ones.
If my game would have been up to date..I would never have noticed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:51 AM
I just loaded my game with MC and everything's working great so far But I have one more question. I want to use "Settings \ CAS \ Allow Adult Clothes For Teenagers", do I have to download MC Cheats to use things like this ?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:02 AM
Success!! Let's break open the...erm, lemon tea? (this cold is really driving me nuts over here...)

Here is the Interactions page for MC. It lists out all the possible MC commands and shows for which ones add-ons are required. You do not need MC Cheats for the CAS category changes. The command would be on City Hall or an in-game computer. It's also reachable from within MC's version of CAS, by right-clicking on the built in "..." button in the lower left corner of your screen.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterC...er+Interactions

But note that such changes only apply to instances of CAS entered through MC commands, not EA's version of CAS. To get the MC version of CAS throughout your game, such as from Create a Household (CAH), Plan Outfit, Change Appearance, etc. you will need the MC Integration module.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:07 AM
Omg, thank you so much! And I hope you feel better soon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:16 AM
When I enter "testingcheatsEnabled true" there's usually the option "Edit Sim in CAS" and now it's gone ..
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:20 AM
Isn't that option supposed to be on shift-click?

Anyway, you can get a sim into CAS without that by using MC now. Click on the sims and NRaas > MC > Advanced > Edit in CAS.

ETA: Note that foreign sims such as visitors from other worlds, tourists, and explorers can never be edited in CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:21 AM
I keep clicking "Edit in CAS" and it won't do anything
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:24 AM
Okay, I am sure there is a good reason for that and we can help figure it out.

But honestly, the place to get support for NRaas mods is at NRaas.
Page 1 of 2