Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helena MCR
...Over use of testingcheats can also cause corruption on some cases...

This is simply untrue. Well, if you use it tol alter things you don't exactly know how to do, it's bad. But simply leaving it on is fine.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 4:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Apr 2016 at 7:52 PM.
My Sims have woo-hoo'd with many a cute bartender, and SO FAR my game hasn't exploded because of it. (Knocks wood vigorously.) They interact normally. I'm still trying to remember what the plumbbobs looked like. I didn't notice anything THAT weird, but then again, I was often shocked when someone thought their bartender friend was an ideal match for my Sim, and they really hit it off immediately (I mean, got REALLY friendly) ... at least for a short amount of time. Never had a long-term relationship, though.

Hairdressers, on the other hand ... I tried that once and it was not a great experience. My Sim could not interact with them well. When I selected the hairdresser (probably NOT a good idea, but I was much more stupid back then), there were only a few menu items at best, so I could see why. I stopped after the first date. So unfortunately, any cute hairdressers are unavailable in my game. Scoping only, my user-made Sims.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 4:41 PM
After I had extracted Xena from her barkeep life, another beauty showed up at the same bar, whom I also made a playable eventually, and the next one as well. They're both shown here:

Alas, as part of the story, the blonde girl had to die...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 4:47 PM
ooo callous.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 4:53 PM
Yeah, that was a sad day for me and most sims in that household, who numbered 15 or 16 at the time. She was the father of Xena's oldest daughter Bethany, and the mother of their baby boy Othello.
Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 11:25 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 4th Apr 2016 at 12:53 AM.
Also, some other information to add. If ever you're unsure about what these Unknown Character files are, you can use their GUID (Sim ID) numbers to find out what they are. To do that, you would use SimPE in the following Two Parts:

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
#32 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:24 AM
Spoiler! :d
Meet Me In My Next Life
#33 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Apr 2016 at 7:39 PM.
I stop many, many years ago downloading some creators lots, one reason was after I downloaded the lot I did care for the setup. I like my Sims to have more than one bathroom among other things.
I now build all my lots myself like I did in my custom hood. One time so long ago I downloaded a lot and found out it had a Sims in it there on the sofa. After that happen I kill my whole game and started over again from the bottom up.

Note: I love "birds" so when they added birds to the Sims I was so happy, those birds fly around like a bat out of a cave, I knew right away they was NPCs

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 8:20 AM
I have a little question, as a noob to all this (so I hope I'll be forgiven if the question is stupid or been discussed earlier ).

Can certain "unknown" formats - that I'm unable to identify in my lot file - cause corruption?
I'm looking at this page currently. Concretely, the lot I'm about to finish (in my test hood) has these:

0x8B0C79D6 2332850646 '\x8b\x0cyÖ' Unknown
0xBC66BAEC 3160849132 '\xbcfºì' Unknown
0xCD8B6498 3448464536 'Í\x8bd\x98' Unknown

Should I delete those before I package the lot?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 8:34 AM
Gazania - oh, dating a bartender does happen in my game - no problem there! I just never made one playable. Townies, especially base game ones, do seem to have good jobs and more skills - which normally means more money And if the bartender is not going to be a partner to one of my Sims, it will just be a new single in town.
And note also - there are a number of good-looking bartenders - I could probably start a new population on an island somewhere with them!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#36 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
I have a little question, as a noob to all this (so I hope I'll be forgiven if the question is stupid or been discussed earlier ).

Can certain "unknown" formats - that I'm unable to identify in my lot file - cause corruption?
I'm looking at this page currently. Concretely, the lot I'm about to finish (in my test hood) has these:

0x8B0C79D6 2332850646 '\x8b\x0cyÖ' Unknown
0xBC66BAEC 3160849132 '\xbcfºì' Unknown
0xCD8B6498 3448464536 'Í\x8bd\x98' Unknown

Should I delete those before I package the lot?

You should delete any references to sims in the lot file - hopefully Jawusa will come along and give you the list or you might look for it youself on the wiki.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:02 PM
So.. these concrete "unknown" ones are Sims references... I was afraid those could contain some essential lot information I can't identify, and that deleting them could damage the lot. Thanks, @maxon.

Yes, I know about Jawusa's list, he already gave it to me once. Here it is:

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
You'll need to delete these things (if present)
- Sim Information
- Sim Relationships (SREL)
- Sim DNA
- Sim Wants and Fears
- Sim Scores
- Family Tree

Basically everything with 'Sim' + 'Family Tree' need to be deleted.

Then after you deleted these records, save the file, load your neighborhood and enter your lot. Make 1 change (rotating a tree is enough) and you should be able to pack the lot and it won't contain any sim references.

I guess this is a good thread to repeat it, maybe someone else will find it useful too.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#38 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:11 PM
Sorry, I was just repeating information about cleaning lots that have been played and have sim references. 'Unknowns' in SimPE, if they are not sims, are often parts of the coding where it was never worked out what it was. Remember SimPE is a fan-made tool - all the information in it had to be back-engineered (so to speak) by guessing, experimentation, deduction and testing. Not everything was worked out.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:39 PM
Thanks for clarifying than. I guess I could do some experimenting as well. After all, this is a test save I'm currently working in, I made a backup of the lot, so I could poke around a little and try to learn more.

This list was also very helpful to me in figuring out what other known ones represent, so I'll leave it here for others in doubt:
Files that contain information specific to a particular lot
Page 2 of 2