Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 8th May 2016 at 5:29 PM
Breaks aside, I've pretty much spent this whole weekend playing TS3

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th May 2016 at 5:35 PM
probably 10 hours. When I first got the game i played it nearly every singe day lol
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
When I'm writing short stories that aren't going to have a continuation and need to get photos, I frequently let the game run for days on end. Granted, I'm not trying to save progress at that point.

I often have the game running in the background for several hours a day while not playing. Most days I don't even make any progress whatsoever. I have it running right now, actually. 15 hours yesterday, with maybe 1 hour of actual playtime.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th May 2016 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Way too long Funny thing, i play a couple of months almost every day and in the weekends sometimes 10 to 11 hours . But then i stop playing for a couple of months. Not a super computer, a ton of Mods (Nraas is a lifesaver) and some lagging and freezing but still playable. I save a lot, also Save As. I stop playing so my pc don't overhead and always clear caches. Hardly any crashing.
A lot of hard work to play my favorite game, i really want a great powerfull high-end computer just to play the Sims smooth and download more mods.

Any tips? I'm in the Netherlands and i want to spent between the €800-€1100 (euro's)

Assuming that you're already doing things like cleaning your caches regularly, the best advice would be to invest in a good extra cooling unit. A lot of crashes and at least one bluescreen for me were caused by the computer overheating, and if you get a better comp, an extra fan certainly doesn't hurt.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th May 2016 at 12:33 AM
So I literally played all day long last Wednesday because I was ahead in school. Woke up at 6 am, brushed my teeth and showered then brought a whole bunch of snacks into my room so I wouldn't have to get up unless it was to go to the bathroom XDD I didn't get off until my laptop was hotter than Luke Skywalker on a Tatooine summer day and that it was 9 pm, time for the newest episode of Supernatural! XD
Instructor
#31 Old 14th May 2016 at 10:52 PM
7 hours, i was building a bakery, it was a pretty small bakery but i still needed 7 hours :D

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th May 2016 at 8:50 PM.
I try to limit my game play, but 5 hours with the Narvys when I had my fan crush on Jason Narvy, famous for his recurring role in Power Rangers as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch which also is the only major role aside from a few roles like Guile Lydon which reunited him with former cast members Johnny Yong Bosch and Paul Schrier.

My limits are to keep from being consumed by my game. Most experts recommend a 3-hour limit per day.

I enjoy playing The Sims series. But 11 hours is pretty excessive.

I should make a crucial addendum about why I have limits on games: I once played Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise in 15 hour shifts, with breaks for my needs, every day for 3 days. I gave my new XBOX 360 a good workout. Still have it. I was high on something naturally and internally occurring within me. No need for caffeine.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th May 2016 at 7:01 PM
17 hours yesterday, with only a few breaks to restart the game a number of times, plus to eat.
I had had a quite tough week, with six days of work, and four with plumbing renovations in my flat, so when I finally got Sunday entirely to myself I was in serious need of some escape from reality. On such occasions I binge play whatever game I'm currently the most interested in.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th May 2016 at 8:48 PM
I'm playing it at work right now. Roughly 5 hours :P

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KelCat94
Okay so last night for the first time in my whole life I managed to get the sims 3 playing and with a few saves and crashes I managed to play the game properly, I played for nine hours straight ! Which for me is a long long time the only bummer is it crashed and I lost everything, all nine hours gone so I'll have to start again today so I was just wondering what's the longest time you've ever played?

back when i didnt sleep much and had nothing to do i played sims 3 for 3 days straight
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:12 PM
About 13 hours, I think my record is. I was about 12, I was playing the Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii. That sleepless night was worth it!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 11:36 PM
This may be pretty embarrassing to admit, but I've played for like......15 hours.....almost straight except for a food and bathroom break.
I was home alone for the weekend and I started out with a legacy that I really liked. This was about....August 2014. I have yet to break that record.
Scholar
#38 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 12:02 AM
Off the top of my head I'd say maybe anywhere from 5 to 8 hours at most. This game is usually my way to escape from my crappy reality, so I usually don't really keep track of time while playing.
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 3:28 AM
Probably around 12 hours but I usually stop for like an hour inbetween to watch YouTube or download new mods and cc but so far on the game I have over 5690 hours
Field Researcher
#40 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 3:57 AM
there was a period where i was really depressed and literally all i did for months was work and play sims. i probably played 10 hours a day and when i wasn't working i played easily 14 hours.
now i play an hour or two every few days.
Scholar
#41 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 4:19 AM
At least you could play when depressed. I'm dealing with some pretty crappy depression now, and when it really hits I don't want to do anything. Last time I tried playing Sims 3 I lasted maybe 5 minutes before I quit. It sucks so bad.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:07 AM
I just had my 5 hour play session interrupted by a CTD.

A few days ago I played for 6-8 hours straight (with food and bathroom breaks). I didn't have problems then because Lucky Palms isn't as bad for routing as Sim's University (which I played for most of today), so of course I let my guard down tonight.

That doesn't even count the half hour it took for me to get my expansions to show up (curse you 1.69!!!)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 7:41 AM
I get so caught up I played for 12 hours STRAIGHT. The only thing I ate was a flipping apple. I didn't even go to the bathroom once! I was too caught up 😉
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:07 AM
I once went nearly a week. It's hard to remember exactly, because in such circumstances, I confuse in-game time with outside-world time. It was around a week of the latter, I believe. The game has been nicely stable for me.
#45 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 3:41 PM
Almost one week nonstop. Leaving my laptop running TS3 in background to avoid quitting and starting the game again which took long time to load. That was the era when my TS3 was lagging as hell.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 6:53 PM
An entire day before radiation sickness kicks in and I mutate back to my original, agitated, sickly hipster form.

Jokes aside, that's as much as I can handle before I actually feel sick

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 6:05 PM
Well for me, it takes at least 20 minutes for my sims to start up and get into a household, so not wanting to have to endure waiting forever, after playing for like 2 hours, I paused the game and left it for like 6 hours then later continued on where I left off and played for like 4 hours surprisingly it saved fine after that so I got lucky there But continuous time for me would probably be about 7 hours
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 2:45 PM
Nowadays I get in about 3 or 4 hours on average, but when I have time I might spend 8 or 9 hours. My mum says it's really unhealthy, every hour I'm supposed to get up and "do something else" like exercise or stretch for 15 minutes.

I try to complete 1 Sim-day each time I play the game. So if I save at 1130PM, I try to play about 24 sim-hours. This ensures any Sims set to die from old age will do so, because I have a feeling if you save and quit it loses that info.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Page 2 of 2