Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th May 2016 at 10:00 PM
Ok...so if I understand, just categorizing separates as formal or swimwear...works?
The text is very informative, but does not explain how you get the top only screen, or the bottom only screen when choosing formalwear...or in that case, swimwear.
Oh well. Thank you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th May 2016 at 11:37 PM
@Rosebine , So far I've only used this method for one Sim, albeit one who is very dear to my heart, but, as I recall, once a Sim has bought separates that have been made available in a category other than Everyday, when that Sim chooses "Plan Outfit" for that category, the Top and Bottom icons are enabled for that category. Andrew has a base game blue wardrobe in his bedroom (not surprising, seeing that their house was the very first Sims house that I furnished), and, when he goes to that wardrobe, he has the option to plan to use his separates shirt and shorts as his formal outfit.

I don't think they're available in Body Shop or CAS, or at the shops when buying clothes, but once you've got them, you can plan to wear them. Hope that's clear!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th May 2016 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th May 2016 at 12:17 AM.
Oh yes! it is clear. Thank you very much for this. This is why categorized as everyday also, ..it then shows up when you BUY them!
yay!
What a discovery. me done cluttering your thread now.
Sorry, but I just realised..this means no need to create winter jackets as accessory anymore!..wow..I am way too happy, stop me someone...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:02 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th May 2016 at 6:43 AM.
Andrew if you like I could put the bottoms in my Coral Bay game and have my teen girls model them for you on one of the beaches. I have 3 female teens right now I think. (I don't think the older one has left for uni yet, I will have to check) Right now I have been playing my medieval game and only checked them in CAS. It has no beaches and no teenage girls, plus they would probably think that quite scandalous.

Edit: Andrew all of them are there in CAS and look good. The one red one looks brighter than the other red one. I am assuming it's the one with a bmap but I can't be sure.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 27th May 2016 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Edit: Andrew all of them are there in CAS and look good. The one red one looks brighter than the other red one. I am assuming it's the one with a bmap but I can't be sure.

I think one is red and one is pink - not a particularly good pink but that's not Andrew's fault.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th May 2016 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think one is red and one is pink - not a particularly good pink but that's not Andrew's fault.
Yes! In the current (and hopefully final) version, all the tankini and high leg bikini bottoms (as shown in the picture below) have bump maps.

The 5 plain single colour bikini bottoms (as shown in this picture) do not have bump maps:

I intend to offer the swimwear-enabled version as an alternative zip file for download. I shall also add some swimwear-enabled tops to allow the swimwear-enabled bottoms to be used.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th May 2016 at 8:09 PM
Hey Andrew - were you wanting pictures? This is a first attempt. I think they're too far apart and I can't get close enough. I can have another try.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:22 AM
Did Andrew upload the final version?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st May 2016 at 1:33 PM
Thanks Maxon. Since we're now allowed up to 100 pictures for a download, I'll use all (within reason!) the pictures you and Jo give me. Of course I'll credit you, and, if you tell me their names, I'll credit your Sims too.

According to the Creator Guidelines, what I really need most are close-ups of the bottoms, and, when I make them, the tops. That's where I need help most too, because, when I zoom in close, that's where the inadequacies of the low-resolution graphics in my game are most glaringly obvious. (When I'm actually playing myself, I get far too engrossed in the lives (and loves) of my Sims to care about the graphics!)

Talking about playing, and a little off-topic, I decided that I wanted the sassy girls who posed for my first picture in post #1 in my game. Unfortunately I'd just made them in CAS, and never saved them. Well now, I've gone back into CAS and made them again, along with one of the girls from my post #31 above) and they're currently in the "Changing Hut" beside the bridge in Veronaville, getting to know some of the locals (the welcoming party) before I turn them into townies. I might add the other 7 girls from post #31 some time too. The way I play, some of them are bound to end up playable.

As regards the tops, I've checked Risé_sims's policy, and it's very open and unrestrictive. The only thing she forbids is uploading to the Exchange (which I couldn't do now even if I wanted to!). So I'll make all the base game teen bikini tops available as swimwear separates, including the ones she's already converted to Everyday separates.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 31st May 2016 at 1:48 PM
I will take that as a yes that was the final upload, just didn't want to set up a scene to find out they weren't the finished products.
I have a beach in Coral Bay that I set up for the calendar contest so I will take some photos there.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 31st May 2016 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did Andrew upload the final version?
The ones I uploaded in post #16 in 25th May are the final version of the bottoms as Everyday separates (unless someone finds something wrong with them), and that was originally intended to be the entire upload. But I have now taken on-board Maxon's suggestion that I enable them as swimwear too. For that to work, I've got to do tops too (or there'd be nothing to pair the bottoms with!). I'm still working on the tops, but the swimwear-enabled bottoms will look exactly the same as the Everyday-only ones you've already got, so you could take close-up pictures of them. There's no desperate hurry though, as I clearly can't begin to submit to the queue until I've got everything ready.

P.S. You posted again Jo (post #35) while I was writing this! I hope it's clear now though.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 31st May 2016 at 2:07 PM
Are you wanting to put the tops and bottoms together as one upload? If so I will wait on the top and perhaps mix and match them?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st May 2016 at 3:44 PM
Yes, I now intend to submit tops and bottoms in a single upload, but containing 4 different zips to allow flexibility for downloaders. My upload should include the following .zip files:

1) All 13 teen bikini bottoms as Everyday separates. That is the file I already posted here in post #16.
2) The same as .zip file 1, but enabled as swimwear too.
3) The two teen bikini tops that are not already available as Everyday separates. That's the black bikini top and the top from the high leg tie-side coloured bikini.
4) All 13 teen bikini tops as separates, enabled as swimwear too.

I already had this almost ready to post nearly an hour ago, but I must have hit the wrong key combination and it refreshed the page, losing my almost completed post. GRRRR!!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 31st May 2016 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I already had this almost ready to post nearly an hour ago, but I must have hit the wrong key combination and it refreshed the page, losing my almost completed post. GRRRR!!

Try looking under your profile - the site does save uncompleted upload pages. I'll try and do some more shots tonight.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:40 PM
Sorry maxon -- misunderstanding! I'm not nearly ready to do the upload post yet. I was referring to my last post answering Jo's. I was typing it in the "Quick Reply Message" box at the bottom of the page. I meant to use Control-V to paste some text in, but I must have hit some other key combination, which Internet Explorer understood as meaning I wanted to refresh the page. It did refresh it -- the "Quick Reply Message" box was empty and my almost completed post was gone. Nothing I tried (Control-Z, Escape, Alt-Backup etc.) would bring it back.

It was only a short post so it wasn't a disaster, but I had Real Life matters to attend to, and I couldn't remember exactly what I had written. So it was annoying, and Jo had to wait for her answer.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:23 PM
Don't worry, Jo had gone to bed. Different time zones and all. Your post shows as 12:45 am my time. I'm afraid i turn into a pumpkin at 12!

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#42 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:39 PM
I had a go at the pattern set in CAS - maybe you like this or maybe not. If you want any of the pictures, I can zip them up and send them to you.

I obviously like that green top (which I do actually).
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:42 PM
I will wait on all the tops. Does it matter that my sims look very different from maxon's? I use a MM skin.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#44 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:54 PM
I shouldn't think so - it would show the skins in a variety of settings. Is that very un-Maxis Match? Can't say I notice the differences much. That's the same sim BTW - just with different hair and skintones.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:58 PM
Yours skins look more realistic to me.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#46 Old 31st May 2016 at 11:32 PM
I'm not sure what that means since none of them look realistic to me - the original idea of Maxis-match was making completion objects to some of the EAxis sets. I guess it's basically the same idea for skins but I dislike pure EAxis - the colours have too much grey in them. I can't remember which defaults those are. I suppose I could go and have a look. The only thing that I'm really bothered about is that they're not Barbie skins - those look seriously weird to me. Yuck.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 31st May 2016 at 11:43 PM
Skins that have a shine are considered realistic while those that are matt are considered MM. Then there is also whats known as semi-realitic but I'm not sure what defines that.

This shows a few of the MM skins that I use.

The cow with blue hair creating havoc around town.

Although we are kind of going off topic here lol.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#48 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 9:11 PM
And the plains if you want them Andrew.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:39 PM
Sorry maxon for not replying sooner. Yes I'd love to use those pictures for the upload, so please zip them up and send me them. I'd like to use at least one of those poolside pictures too; whichever one you think is best. I think that pictures showing the outfits being worn in-game make the upload more interesting.

I've been playing a little, including some testing of the everyday bottoms. I re-created the 3 girls from post #1 (and one from post #31) and made them into townies, but before they became townies, I played them for a day in the Veronaville "Changing Hut". In doing so I got a lovely glitch (see here in Pictures), but I don't think the glitch had anything to do with my bikini bottoms.

btw, how do you get the Sims with a plain white background?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:48 PM
Probably the background thing. It's a large cc sheet thingamebob.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 3