Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by doggysimmer
I never had problems with Bridgeport i loved it!

Agreed, I loved it too! Plus the up-side was that you could play another town if you got sick of being in a city.
If you start a new game in TS4, you're going to be stuck with the same template. Of course, you can move in your own sims and whatnot, but sometimes I don't want to go through all the trouble.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Agreed, I loved it too! Plus the up-side was that you could play another town if you got sick of being in a city.
If you start a new game in TS4, you're going to be stuck with the same template. Of course, you can move in your own sims and whatnot, but sometimes I don't want to go through all the trouble.

I know the struggle! I really wish sims 4 had no loading screens they're so annoying! We'll just hope city life will be exciting and hope for the best
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 12:27 AM
Cities are places of extremes, and so this would be a great opportunity for them to provide us with poverty-type stuff and very luxurious stuff to tell rags-to-riches type stories. I hope they include grungy elements, like a section of the city that is more of an underbelly. Some of the aesthetic of the urbz would work, but obviously updated for the current time period.

I'm hoping at the very least they add sims 2 style apartments, basketball hoops, and a politics career. All of those things would fit pretty well in a city expansion. Skateboarding, food trucks, more musical instruments, and additional careers would also be great.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:15 AM
Something deep inside my soul is telling me we're not getting any kind of grunge. More modern, mite glam, more high end. If it's grunge, it'll be off in the background somewhere.

Is been two years, and grunge has yet to be introduced in any way, shape, or form. The closets we'll get, imo, is industrial.

Long gone are the days of simple wood beds, and fold up coffee tables.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#30 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:21 AM
Agreed. The sims 4 is following this Utopia feel. I doubt we'll get grunge but wherever EA fails the community of talented creators manage to pick up the slack.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 3:56 AM
Yeah, I don't see it either. In TS3 this was easy. Thanks to CAST you could make nearly everything look grungy. So far TS4's textures are very polished looking. Maybe at best we'll get shabby chic.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:57 AM
Put on your tin foil hats and wear sunglasses to block the MIB flashy thing effect... EA wants to tell you that this is not the expansion you were looking for.
http://ts4news.com/post/14917554530...-city-life-leak

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 7:53 PM
This isn't exactly about City Life per say, but a newer toddler model was found in the game files. Some creative folks added clothing and hair to it and the end result is that it looks an awful lot like the toddler that appeared in the 2015 render.

http://ts4news.com/post/14965848765...eternitystudios
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:03 PM
They are slowly adding toddlers trough the updates... I called on it two years ago! There's Even toddler clothing... Hold me!

They cannot get away with selling them as a part of an EP! Or can they?
Forum Resident
#35 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
This isn't exactly about City Life per say, but a newer toddler model was found in the game files. Some creative folks added clothing and hair to it and the end result is that it looks an awful lot like the toddler that appeared in the 2015 render.

http://ts4news.com/post/14965848765...eternitystudios

It's a step in the right direction. I hope it comes with sufficient interactions to make it worthwhile. I don't think toddlers will add to the game as much as weather and seasons would, but I do realize that this is something that a vast majority of simmers want.
That being the case, there may be hope going forward. Just take this as a word of caution.. don't expect too much.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Scholar
#36 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
They are slowly adding toddlers trough the updates... I called on it two years ago! There's Even toddler clothing... Hold me!

They cannot get away with selling them as a part of an EP! Or can they?

To a userbase that still thinks that something as essential as weather is acceptable as an Expansion Pack feature, they sure as heck can. In fact, I do believe they could make nearly all stages Expansion Pack features and get away with it if they wanted to. That would be absurd, but so is waiting years for something as basic as rain to return.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#37 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:22 PM
I'm guessing they're just leftover assets from the render, so I wouldn't take too much meaning from it. Probably left them in the files to troll everyone.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:30 PM
Their reluctance to even field questions about life stages and comments about how toddlers aren't coming anytime soon makes me think that toddlers aren't coming at all. Finding stuff in the game files seems promising, but I really don't think it means much.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:36 PM
"Just wait untill we announce The Sims 5: Mobile, and you'll get your precious toddlers, with 2 awesome interactions and few pieces of colorfull and fluffy clothing!! They are bound to specific room, btw! Isn't that great news!? Just pay us another 40$! We love your money more than you would ever love us!"
Mad Poster
#40 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:53 PM
The mobile game already has toddlers, so...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:12 AM
Having the toddlers in the sims 4 would be a major change to the base game code, wouldn't it? Which means that it(toddler related stuff) can't come out as an EP content, but it has to come as a patch to the base game. But that meant that it all would be free for us. Which means EA won't do that because so much effort that ends up not making money for them is bad. Hmmmm. I hope I am wrong, though.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland

I was probably one of the few people who didn't care that we don't have toddlers. But I changed my mind. I want that kid in the picture! NOW!!!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I'm guessing they're just leftover assets from the render, so I wouldn't take too much meaning from it. Probably left them in the files to troll everyone.

That was my initial thought, but I am being intentionally naive in hopes there's something at all to look forward to with this game.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:53 AM
Why would there be render stuff in the game? To fool us even further?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
To fool us even further?

I mean....I would. You saw how everyone freaked out over that first toddler pic. They had to have gotten a good laugh out of giving people hope and then watching it be immediately replaced with Despair when reality set in

In fact...that's probably what's going on. The gurus are all secretly members of Ultimate Despair

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:35 AM
you think the maxis team is that heartless
Mad Poster
#47 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
you think the maxis team is that heartless

Have you seen what this game has done to the fandom in just two years? These guys are definitely working for Junko Enoshima! I mean, it's so obvious. You can't spell "Despair" without "E" and "A" :P

*wonders if I'm the only one here who follows Danganronpa*

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#48 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 8:02 AM
As this rumor seems to get strong everyday, I at least glad something is on it's way. I just wish they could of come with a different theme, it was Get Together that given the feeling of a "City Life" with it's downtown area and nightclubbing, still what-ever i'm sure if will be fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Have you seen what this game has done to the fandom in just two years? These guys are definitely working for Junko Enoshima! I mean, it's so obvious. You can't spell "Despair" without "E" and "A" :P

*wonders if I'm the only one here who follows Danganronpa*

I still think I'm going to stay in my pink bubble and wish that it's not EA/Maxis trolling us but it's a true sign that: "toddler is coming"

Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
As this rumor seems to get strong everyday, I at least glad something is on it's way. I just wish they could of come with a different theme, it was Get Together that given the feeling of a "City Life" with it's downtown area and nightclubbing, still what-ever i'm sure if will be fun.

Oh yes! One thing that excites me more than what the next EP is going to include, is the fact that the next EP is on its way! I just love waiting EPs and seeing them more than actually buying one ,
Forum Resident
#50 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 30th Aug 2016 at 8:45 AM.
Default City life render and info?
Via SimsCommunity

Down below you can see the potential EP3 render screen, which kinda seems to be scanned from a printed piece of paper. It also has a potential of being a render of City Life’s box art.

– Apartments

– Basketball

– City Cultural Festivals

– Politics Career

The e-mail was sent to us by an unknown person who presented himself/herself as ”Sim Nonymous”.

What do we reckon? Legit or not?
Page 2 of 63