Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
#26 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:15 PM
If you have sims4 though, it's not easy to avoid.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LA MEMES
I finally dug around and found an old version of origin on hers but after installing that it forced the new update which makes her computer officially too old for the new origin version 10.0. I will just have to uninstall orgin and/or mess around with some kind of bypass again to avoid origin altogether in order for her to even play sims 3. ...and I don't know if that'll work this time because her late night expansion is newer. So my advice don't update orgin to avoid what I'm going through... - she has a windows 7 ultimate

huh 32 or 64 bit? It's a bit strange, does Origin now forces you to Win10, too?* I assume it requires new DirectX shipped with (but I may be wrong) which is not needed for such app in any way ?

Just wondering - in what field machine able to run W7 may be obsolete for this application ? It really opens a complete new area of EAvilness. And stupidity. Not mentioning incompetency >.>

and @Volvenom - yes, it's another reason for not having Sims4. Great work EA. Really great.

*Last time when I used it online was when I messed up Sims 2 UE installation, silly me, and had to repair.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:00 PM
It's not Windows 7 that is causing that message, I have Windows 7 and have no problems with Origin. More than likely, the computers specs aren't powerful to run it or the hardware is really out of date.
Scholar
#29 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:26 PM
that's relieving.

But, em, I'm just asking, OK? What has to be so strangely obsolete to be able to run W7 and unable to deal with Origin? um....

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 7:49 PM
Err the latest Origin update is really awful; they changed everything to make it a carbon copy of the browser site. So now the launcher is slower and heavier since the whole store pages are loaded for all the games. Anyway I had to log out and log in again for it to correctly show my game library. So if yall are having non-severe problems with it think of this trick.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 2:46 AM
So, anyway, I've been starting Sims with my wifi off, just to keep Origin from downloading advertisements.

This worked before the update, not anymore. It wants to be online. Edit: if you enter your name and password, says "first time you have to be online", but I've been offline many times before...

I mean, does Origin have to be this unethical? It's like getting mugged and then the mugger wants to sell you stuff.

It's all very frustrating.
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:29 AM
What happens if you click the X on that box without filling anything in?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:49 AM
So with the new update we have to go online and play each of our games so that Origin will remember we own them? Then we can play offline? This has happened before when I have updated to Windows 10, and then a month ago with the new Win 10 update.
If that is all then it is a nuisance but not too bad. If you are saying that there is no offline play ever then it is a disaster!
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:08 AM
I'm getting that too, now. I tried clicking the X and got nothing. I tried logging in offline. That worked! But I have "automatically update Origin" unchecked, which is somewhat protective. I guess I'm going to be fighting the demand from here on out though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
What happens if you click the X on that box without filling anything in?

Nothing. The sims 3 doesn't start. I have to connect to the internet, and then start it to get the Sims 3 to run.

I'm just having a bad day. Windows 10 did it's "frack you, we're updating" this morning. Steam did an update, then Norton did an update and said "hey, this IL Spy you have here? Well, frack that! We're deleting it, and no, you can't stop us." Then my last sims save wouldn't load; game is corrupt. Okay, I'll start the prior backup. That crashed after an hour. Just now, Windows did ANOTHER update, which means their first update was full of bugs. No, there's no option out of updates in Windows 10; if Bill Gates wants in your pants, bend over!

First world problems, eh? I hate Microsoft, Origin, Norton... they're all going up against the wall after my robot army takes over the world. Oh, and you too Kapresnski for not working with my computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:58 AM
Emmett Brown you deserve a big hug for this shitty day *kiss* I'll keep my Windows 7 for as long as I can
Scholar
#37 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:56 PM
hmpf
'cause I'm stubborn, and stupid (and stupid, and "know nothing Jon Snow") I took the risk and updated this awesome thingie.

So...
Yep, it's slow (it never was fast anyway) ordinary ugly and annoying. Just like most of the apps nowadays. However on the W7 it's possible to play in the offline mode any game I had there linked (except Sims3, which I cannot tell, because I've never connected it to the Origin, contrary to previous statement "I knew better").
As a bonus I had to "repair" Sims 2 UC installation - it was forced by Origin update. That probably because after I made Sims2 executable >2Gb memory friendly the checksum obviously is not correct anymore and the Origin tested its "local data integrity" or whatever.

Which ends with download frenzy (all these awesome plasticbox houses and more...) aaannnnd long night with another neighbourhood. Now we're talking about dangerous software.

New "Experience" (still beta, you're really awesome EA) runs 3 additional Qt processes (sloppy work, guys) drawing all these... "things" in the Origin browser window,it may be a problem on particular systems without necessary libraries, however they should be shipped with update. And I can imagine on Win10 it may be really funny time with this software.

dodgy builder
#38 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:06 PM
Second day with this annoying thing and it asked me AGAIN what language I wanted to use for Sims3. I aborted again, and went into Origin program options and turned off everything I could see there. Remains to be seen if it works.

It also installed some xmas pack without asking me, that's before I turned off all options.
Page 2 of 2