Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

49 Enayla Pixie Skins Geneticized and Townified!

by VirtualAlex Posted 12th Nov 2016 at 2:00 AM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 3:53 AM
Thanks so much! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 4:44 AM
Thank you very much for these~! Good job.
Dumb question btw... Do those defaults replace Maxis original ones?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 7:19 AM
Well this will keep me busy for awhile! Such a wonderful idea!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SavannahSimsLover
Thank you very much for these~! Good job.
Dumb question btw... Do those defaults replace Maxis original ones?

Yes they are regular defaults, replacing the game's skins. They just slot in nicely with the rest of the skins.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 1:07 PM Last edited by KatKaleen : 13th Nov 2016 at 2:11 PM.
You couldn't have picked a better time to post this! I did something like this some years ago, with 63 skintones, including HP's "Idolatry of flesh" and lots of others. It really is a pain to put them in any order, for some skintones are warm (yellow-ish) and others are cool (blue-ish). Anyway, I had to get a new OS and a new hard-drive recently, and lost my files during "the great data migration". So many, many thanks to you!
Edit: Did you notice that there is a wrong texture in the "Pixie Rust" TM file? I remember that distinctly, I think it is the TF texture used for the TM.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatKaleen
You couldn't have picked a better time to post this! I did something like this some years ago, with 63 skintones, including HP's "Idolatry of flesh" and lots of others. It really is a pain to put them in any order, for some skintones are warm (yellow-ish) and others are cool (blue-ish). Anyway, I had to get a new OS and a new hard-drive recently, and lost my files during "the great data migration". So many, many thanks to you!
Edit: Did you notice that there is a wrong texture in the "Pixie Rust" TM file? I remember that distinctly, I think it is the TF texture used for the TM.

I'll check that out - thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VirtualAlex
I'll check that out - thanks!

Rust seems ok, also checked rush and crush as they are similar sounding!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:30 PM
Are these anatomically correct or barbie skins?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coria15
Are these anatomically correct or barbie skins?

To answer my own question, yes. Yes, they are anatomically correct (banzai).
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 2:15 PM
Thank!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 2:54 AM
Looks amazing. I can't wait to see what they look like in game. :D
Thank you for sharing this project with the rest of us!
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:06 PM
Hello, thank you for sharing, is this only for the sim2 or will I be able to use for the sims 4?

Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 8:58 PM
Kudos, VirtualAlex!! What a brilliant idea, and wonderful execution. I recently decided to restart my entire CC collection, and this made finding skins so much easier! Thanks for sharing, and also to Enayla for the lovely skins to begin with.

Quote: Originally posted by ladiesy19
Is this only for the sim2 or will I be able to use for the sims 4?

Hi ladiesy19,
These can only be used for The Sims 2, however there's a lot of lovely skins out there for The Sims 4 - just apply the relevant filters in your search to only include results for your game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:54 PM Last edited by ThinkforSky : 10th Dec 2016 at 6:18 PM.
Thank you for your great work! :-)
It took you surely long time to do it and it's a great idea.

I have just one question:
I have other defaults in my game which I like a lot. I want to keep them.
Is it possible, to use your skins together with my defaults if I dowload all skins but not your defaults?
Will this work together?
Thanks for answering.

Many greetings from Bavaria, Germany.

EDIT:
One more question if it's ok :-)
Is there any instruction how to geneticize/townify skins on the web?
I would love to do so with all skins that I have
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 2:16 PM
Thanks <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th May 2017 at 4:16 AM
Lovely job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:56 AM
I Really love these! i've downloaded quite a bit of them and they are perfect for my sims!
Inventor
#19 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:54 PM
These are so great! One question: the default S4 is too dark for me. Can you do a lighter one too? Just as a request? This would be awesome!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:50 PM
Today my cas sim gave birth to a beautiful S4 skined baby boy.....did I mention that they are both white? Did anyone else have similar problem with a cas+townie/npc/ect couple?

I don't think it's the creation problem, I have seen it happen with grandchildren geting the granparents skin color and not one of thier parents or on thier spectrum. But you know, we are made to belive that ready/generated sims are completely parent less, so this happening made me curius.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kosti
Today my cas sim gave birth to a beautiful S4 skined baby boy.....did I mention that they are both white? Did anyone else have similar problem with a cas+townie/npc/ect couple?

I don't think it's the creation problem, I have seen it happen with grandchildren geting the granparents skin color and not one of thier parents or on thier spectrum. But you know, we are made to belive that ready/generated sims are completely parent less, so this happening made me curius.

I've had the opposite problem of darker sims having much paler children :/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 2:02 PM
I'm glad the skins were clearly labeled. I was able to go back and locate the rest of Enayla's skins so I knew I had them all. I have loved these skins for ages and I'm utterly thrilled that you made this set that I can use now that I just reinstalled the game on my new laptop and starting from scratch. Life is too short not to have default replacements for the Maxis ugliness. XD
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th May 2019 at 6:45 PM Last edited by ruiz1 : 18th May 2019 at 7:42 PM.
Thanks. This is my favorite skin set :lovestruc . But can we have other choices for S1,2,3,4? Because I want the lightest and darkest skins only for my custom sims and not townies.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 5:11 AM
I've had the same issue a few other simmers have mentioned. Lilly-white sims with melanin-rich children. The Gavigan and the Kim families are my first families to have in-game kids, and they both had that happen to them.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Page 1 of 2