Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rhames' Hired Help Mod 2.0

by rhames Posted 9th Feb 2017 at 5:06 PM - Updated 24th Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM by rhames

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:28 PM
Great !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:03 PM Last edited by billysim143 : 9th Feb 2017 at 8:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Thanks! I have a favor to ask. Is there anyway you can make it that when you hire a butler you like they stay till you let them go? When I leave my home lot & come back I have a different butler and it is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billysim143
Thanks! I have a favor to ask. Is there anyway you can make it that when you hire a butler you like they stay till you let them go? When I leave my home lot & come back I have a different butler and it is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

What you are describing what you want is the way it is supposed to work; you hire a Butler and that Butler satys until they die/get deleted/fired (but not dismissed); your Butler is also supposed to be exclusive to you so that every household hires a different Butler. If it is behaving otherwise then there is something going wrong somewhere.

You've probably heard this before, but have you tried uninstalling your mods and checking to see if any of them or somehow conflicting with the way the Butler works in the base game? MCC shouldn't, for example, because it doesn't conflict with mine.

Another thing you can do is temporarily move your mods out of your mods folder, repair the game and then put them back.

I hope this helps in some way but I can't add as a feature what is supposed be the normal operation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:35 PM
Coming next week: Maids get the same treatment!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:27 PM
I have wanted this for sooooo LONG!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:23 PM
Love your mod! Just wondering if there is anyway you can separate the two. I like the butler the way they are but I want my nanny to stay and also like that they can be young too? If you can't or don't want to I understand. Love your mod anyway!
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:32 PM
I like the idea of having live in Nannies, but I'm not sure I understand how the outfits work - I just want them and butlers to have the default clothes.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:30 PM
I cannot begin to express how badly I and many others needed this mod. Butlers were the only reason I purchased the vintage pack because I had created a live-in servant pre-pack and I wanted to hire her as a butler so I could get all the cool auto-features associated with it. Unfortunately, the deal breaker was the clothes (which I worked meticulously to perfect).

I had already lost hope, but I still thought about it often with a seething feeling of betrayal. I CANNOT thank you enough that now I can use the feature I actually wanted to use! I'm going to download now. No one had posted about any bugs so far so I am keeping hope this works! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I like the idea of having live in Nannies, but I'm not sure I understand how the outfits work - I just want them and butlers to have the default clothes.

Quick explanation. When you hire an NPC in the un-modded game, they come in a Situation Outfit that does not appear in the CAS; please note that a Situation outfit is NOT the same as a Career outfit. In any case, the game puts the NPC in this Situation outfit every time the NPC loads onto your lot in the role or "Situation" as your NPC. Which means if the NPC leaves and comes back because you dismiss/re-summon or leave and come back yourself with one of your played Sims, the NPC will reload into that pre-determined outfit every time. This means that NPC will not load with any of the seven outfit categories available to us in the CAS no matter how many changes we make using cas.fulledit mode, MCC's dresser module or the closet from Get Together; you will have to change the outfit back to one that you may want and have created using one of various techniques EVERY time that NPC loads. Trust me, if you do that it will get frustrating after a while.

Wanting their default outfits is not a big deal to accommodate and I plan on addressing that in next week's update/release: I will be providing a variety of options for everyone to install ranging from one package for everything to individual modules so you can put in the features you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cindy19812009
Love your mod! Just wondering if there is anyway you can separate the two. I like the butler the way they are but I want my nanny to stay and also like that they can be young too? If you can't or don't want to I understand. Love your mod anyway!

Young Adult Nannies are coming next. Because 20-somethings NEVER take jobs as Nannies or Au-Pere's.....
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:57 PM
Ok I have searched all over and I can not find a Free Services mod that you spoke about. Could you post a link to it please or message me with a link so you don't get into trouble. Thanks so much for this fantastic mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:56 PM
I love the idea! Always wanted to have live-in nanny, but didn't want to move him/her in to have one more sim to control. Thank you!
Can't wait till same mod for maids!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miriah
Ok I have searched all over and I can not find a Free Services mod that you spoke about. Could you post a link to it please or message me with a link so you don't get into trouble. Thanks so much for this fantastic mod!

I'm actually referring to the Free Services Reward Trait, purchased in-game with satisfaction points.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:50 AM
Oh well I haven't played in live mode a great deal, so yeah I don't know about those yet

Thanks!
Scholar
#16 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:56 AM
Quote:
fire them, dismiss them or ask them to hang out.

If I have a live-in-nanny in a non active household will they stay even if there is no children there or must I play the household to fire them?
Can I fire them if there is no children in household?

In TS3 there was a corresponding mod where you could only hire a nanny if there are children and you could only fire them if there is children there.
Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
If I have a live-in-nanny in a non active household will they stay even if there is no children there or must I play the household to fire them?
Can I fire them if there is no children in household?

In TS3 there was a corresponding mod where you could only hire a nanny if there are children and you could only fire them if there is children there.
Thank you.

The live in NPC's function just like normal NPC's except they are "live in" they stick around and don't leave. Which means that unlike the Butler, you don't have to assign them a bed.

The base game allows you to hire a Nanny and /or fire them even if you don't have children. What happens is that if you don't have children the nanny shows up and then leaves after 4 hours. This happens for a following reason, the Nanny has a "bored" timer that starts ticking every time they finish job-related task and resets whenever they start a job-related task. that means that base game, if you hire the Nanny without kids, they stick around for four hours, collect their money and leave. Remember also there is no recurring Nanny service in the base game so dismiss is a simply as getting them to leave when you want them to leave; they don't show back up unless you call for their "one-shot" service.

When a played household is not the active household, the game sort of "freezes" them in place; the only changes that usually happen is aging if you have unplayed Sims aging set in the options. In other words they may age but when you start playing them again you find them all lined up at the front of the house. Just like when you zone out in an active household in the base game, all "full-time" NPC's in the base game (currently only the Butler) and "full-time" NPC's in my mod (Butler and Nanny here, Maid also on other sites and coming next week here and Massage Therapist in my test mod) simply appear a few seconds later just the same as if you had zoned and then come back to the active household's property. For the case of the version of the mod on here, you can dismiss and/or fire the Butler through their menu or by talking to them. Just like the Nanny in the base game, you get them to leave by asking them to leave; the only difference in the case with staying is that my Nannies don't time out or leave on their own.

I hope this explains things.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhames
What you are describing what you want is the way it is supposed to work; you hire a Butler and that Butler satys until they die/get deleted/fired (but not dismissed); your Butler is also supposed to be exclusive to you so that every household hires a different Butler. If it is behaving otherwise then there is something going wrong somewhere.

You've probably heard this before, but have you tried uninstalling your mods and checking to see if any of them or somehow conflicting with the way the Butler works in the base game? MCC shouldn't, for example, because it doesn't conflict with mine.

Another thing you can do is temporarily move your mods out of your mods folder, repair the game and then put them back.

I hope this helps in some way but I can't add as a feature what is supposed be the normal operation.

are you sure because this happens to me as well and has since the butler pack was released, my game generated 3 butters a new one for each hose i wanted to have one but then as i rotate families (im guessing some don't play this way) it's luck of the draw as to witch butler a family gets i wanted my scientist family to have a robot butler, my vampire family to have a vamp ect.. but they just spawn at random, behavior persists with or without mods, not everything is a mods fault
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thraxis72
are you sure because this happens to me as well and has since the butler pack was released, my game generated 3 butters a new one for each hose i wanted to have one but then as i rotate families (im guessing some don't play this way) it's luck of the draw as to witch butler a family gets i wanted my scientist family to have a robot butler, my vampire family to have a vamp ect.. but they just spawn at random, behavior persists with or without mods, not everything is a mods fault

First of all, let me confirm the issue you're having. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with the fact that each time you go through rotational play (thus considered an extensive zoning) you come back and find a new Butler assigned to that household.

Assuming my understanding is correct, here is some info that may help you and Billysim. While working with someone else on his mod problem, he discovered through trial and error that one particular CC skin/overlay was causing a similar problem. He would zone/leave the lot and come back to find he had a new Butler.

This is my guess as to what is was happening is that his butler would be created, he would edit the butler and everything would be fine until he left zone. When you leave by switching active households, travelling or on vacation and then come bacl/reload the game runs some checks for your Butler. The first is that the game checks if you have hired a Butler. Then because Butlers are flagged as "exclusive" it check to see if there is a valid (according to the filters) Butler assigned. If yes, the game brings your old Butler back. If no, the game makes a new one and assigns it to you. Regardless of the "change" I made to the uniforms/outfits (all I did was change the flag and told it not to use the pre-programmed situational uniform) the NPC is a Sim still existing in a situation and I suspect that of there is any cc on the sim that is not checked for situations then it might invalidate the Sims's participation in the situation wen the filter hits. It's just a theory though.

I don't know if any of this necessarily applies to you but think about it because your problem sucks and I hope you can fix it to get what you want.
Scholar
#20 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:47 PM
The live in NPC's function just like normal NPC's except they are "live in" they stick around and don't leave. Which means that unlike the Butler, you don't have to assign them a bed.

The base game allows you to hire a Nanny and /or fire them even if you don't have children. What happens is that if you don't have children the nanny shows up and then leaves after 4 hours. This happens for a following reason, the Nanny has a "bored" timer that starts ticking every time they finish job-related task and resets whenever they start a job-related task. that means that base game, if you hire the Nanny without kids, they stick around for four hours, collect their money and leave. Remember also there is no recurring Nanny service in the base game so dismiss is a simply as getting them to leave when you want them to leave; they don't show back up unless you call for their "one-shot" service.

When a played household is not the active household, the game sort of "freezes" them in place; the only changes that usually happen is aging if you have unplayed Sims aging set in the options. In other words they may age but when you start playing them again you find them all lined up at the front of the house. Just like when you zone out in an active household in the base game, all "full-time" NPC's in the base game (currently only the Butler) and "full-time" NPC's in my mod (Butler and Nanny here, Maid also on other sites and coming next week here and Massage Therapist in my test mod) simply appear a few seconds later just the same as if you had zoned and then come back to the active household's property. For the case of the version of the mod on here, you can dismiss and/or fire the Butler through their menu or by talking to them. Just like the Nanny in the base game, you get them to leave by asking them to leave; the only difference in the case with staying is that my Nannies don't time out or leave on their own.

I hope this explains things.

Well, but the live in nanny have a salary don't they? Isn't that why you recomend using Free Service Reward Trait? Salary also paid in played inactive households?
If so the household could be ruined if the nanny is locked to that household for ever? I play with MC Command Center with aging on and sims moves out and in the whole time. What happens if the household moves out? Will the nanny follow the household to the new lot or stay at the old?

Is there any time that a hired live in nanny will be automatically fired for instance if there is no kids? I guess a script mod is needed for that and this isn't?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Well, but the live in nanny have a salary don't they? Isn't that why you recomend using Free Service Reward Trait? Salary also paid in played inactive households?
If so the household could be ruined if the nanny is locked to that household for ever? I play with MC Command Center with aging on and sims moves out and in the whole time. What happens if the household moves out? Will the nanny follow the household to the new lot or stay at the old?

Is there any time that a hired live in nanny will be automatically fired for instance if there is no kids? I guess a script mod is needed for that and this isn't?

I'll try to address each of your questions/points:

1. Well, but the live in nanny have a salary don't they? Isn't that why you recomend using Free Service Reward Trait? Yes, they have a salary that comes from the unmodded game and is specified in the phone hire npc menu. You pay an upfront fee and then pay them an additional amount when they leave based on the hours they worked when they finish their assignment. Normally that is no more than 24 hours because unmodded Nannies are one shot hire NPC's; my modded nannies stay until you ask them to hang out, stay the night, fire/ask them to leave in other words they only leave the same way you would ask an umodded Nanny to leave. That is why I recommend Free Services because if your Nanny stays around for a long time you can end up with very large bill when they finish their service.

2. Salary also paid in played inactive households? I have never seen that in the game and you are welcome to test it out for yourself. For example, the game does not charge you for Butlers hourly while their household is inactive.

3, If so the household could be ruined if the nanny is locked to that household for ever? Just ask them to leave or dismiss/fire them if you do not need them the same way you would do for an unmodded Nanny when your Sims returned home early from a night out. They are not locked into your house, you can make them leave whenever you want because the mechanism that makes them stick around is that they do not time and leave on their own but all the other dismissal mechanism are still there. I should know, because I know how I modified the tuning file.

4. I play with MC Command Center with aging on and sims moves out and in the whole time. What happens if the household moves out? Will the nanny follow the household to the new lot or stay at the old?
The same that happens when your household move out to another household with NPC's; they follow the household because NPC's are tied to the household and not the lot. A Maid service (not the one-shot Maid) follows you to a new house; a Gardener service (not the one-shot) follows you to a new house. If you have a Butler, they follow the household. I can also tell you, because I tested it, if you have a Nanny hanging out in the house and you move that Nanny will follow you to the new house. If you have aging on in the game from what I remember the NPC's are not spared aging. When they die of old age, my mod will do what the game does: replace them in the case of Maid, Gardener and Butler services and, in the case of the Nanny, you will most likely have to rehire because death is the ultimate time out.

5. Is there any time that a hired live in nanny will be automatically fired for instance if there is no kids? This is not a script mod, at least not yet. If you don't have any kids, just dismiss the Nanny. They won't come back unless you hire them again.
Scholar
#22 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 8:18 AM
I'll try to address each of your questions/points:

1. Well, but the live in nanny have a salary don't they? Isn't that why you recomend using Free Service Reward Trait? Yes, they have a salary that comes from the unmodded game and is specified in the phone hire npc menu. You pay an upfront fee and then pay them an additional amount when they leave based on the hours they worked when they finish their assignment. Normally that is no more than 24 hours because unmodded Nannies are one shot hire NPC's; my modded nannies stay until you ask them to hang out, stay the night, fire/ask them to leave in other words they only leave the same way you would ask an umodded Nanny to leave. That is why I recommend Free Services because if your Nanny stays around for a long time you can end up with very large bill when they finish their service.

2. Salary also paid in played inactive households? I have never seen that in the game and you are welcome to test it out for yourself. For example, the game does not charge you for Butlers hourly while their household is inactive.

3, If so the household could be ruined if the nanny is locked to that household for ever? Just ask them to leave or dismiss/fire them if you do not need them the same way you would do for an unmodded Nanny when your Sims returned home early from a night out. They are not locked into your house, you can make them leave whenever you want because the mechanism that makes them stick around is that they do not time and leave on their own but all the other dismissal mechanism are still there. I should know, because I know how I modified the tuning file.

4. I play with MC Command Center with aging on and sims moves out and in the whole time. What happens if the household moves out? Will the nanny follow the household to the new lot or stay at the old?
The same that happens when your household move out to another household with NPC's; they follow the household because NPC's are tied to the household and not the lot. A Maid service (not the one-shot Maid) follows you to a new house; a Gardener service (not the one-shot) follows you to a new house. If you have a Butler, they follow the household. I can also tell you, because I tested it, if you have a Nanny hanging out in the house and you move that Nanny will follow you to the new house. If you have aging on in the game from what I remember the NPC's are not spared aging. When they die of old age, my mod will do what the game does: replace them in the case of Maid, Gardener and Butler services and, in the case of the Nanny, you will most likely have to rehire because death is the ultimate time out.

5. Is there any time that a hired live in nanny will be automatically fired for instance if there is no kids? This is not a script mod, at least not yet. If you don't have any kids, just dismiss the Nanny. They won't come back unless you hire them again.

OK, thank you for claryfing. I will check point 2. as it was a problem in TS3.
Scholar
#23 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:45 PM
No problems with salaries in played inactive household detected.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:07 PM
Awesome Mod!! Great work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:25 AM
I have wanted a live in Nanny for SO LONG!!! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2