Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harvestable Cocoa Bean

by icemunmun Posted 8th Mar 2017 at 6:51 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM by icemunmun : Updated for SCCO Compatibility

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 7:49 PM
::squeals:: I've been waiting for this to pop up here as soon as I saw your wip post on tumblr. Off to add in game and start tweaking graycurses's recipes.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 7:53 PM
It's so amazing that you're able to make new plantable, harvestable, useable ingredients like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 8:46 PM
YESSS!!

Can't wait to see what else you make!

Maybe some Cocoa Bean Nectar! OR Chocolate Milk!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 10:24 PM
OMG! I love the new harvestables you are making. I can't wait to see what new custom recipes are in the works. All my sims get fat because of you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 12:24 AM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 2:23 AM
Awesome job. Chocolate candy recipes for Christmas. Woo hoo.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:13 AM
this is very very cool I hope many cocoa things to do also some drink or nectar? or desert? great idea
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 7:13 AM
Yeah... Sims are loving cocoa foods!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 2:15 AM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:06 AM
Default Brazilian Portuguese Translation
Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_icemunmun_1680836_icemunmun_Cocoa_Harvestable.zip (1.0 KB, 34 downloads)
Description: PT_BR STBL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:32 AM
forgive me, but a) id like to say you're amazing at this and thank you, but also, b) what is the means by which you have a 'grow plant - growth+50' and 'spawn fruit (debug)' ? I don't play as often as I used to, so could you tell me if this is a mod or something in-game that I haven't discovered? I don't seem to have access to it through testingcheats. Thank you again ahead of time!
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimnisterEthics
forgive me, but a) id like to say you're amazing at this and thank you, but also, b) what is the means by which you have a 'grow plant - growth+50' and 'spawn fruit (debug)' ? I don't play as often as I used to, so could you tell me if this is a mod or something in-game that I haven't discovered? I don't seem to have access to it through testingcheats. Thank you again ahead of time!

PS- I don't know if I'm simply looking for the wrong thing, but I've been searching the net for almost a half hour now, including this site, if it is a linkable piece of info, would you be willing to do so? thanks again
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:03 PM
Fantastic job on this one. I was also hoping for a version that will give a Sim an energy boost, but I am not sure if it is the same bean or not.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimnisterEthics

Those are just debug interactions I made visible for ease of testing. i will make them available for download when I get some time as some people are asking for it.

Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Fantastic job on this one. I was also hoping for a version that will give a Sim an energy boost, but I am not sure if it is the same bean or not.

Thanks. But does chocolate give any energy boost ? ( I know that coffee beans can give an energy boost....at least according to sims 3)
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Those are just debug interactions I made visible for ease of testing. i will make them available for download when I get some time as some people are asking for it.

I would appreciate that very much! Thank you! <3 No matter what kind of sim I make, I ALWAYS end up with a serious gardener, and usually a Bakery to go along! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 1:12 AM
Default German translation
Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  icemunmun_cocoa_bean_GER.zip (332 Bytes, 19 downloads)
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun

Thanks. But does chocolate give any energy boost ? ( I know that coffee beans can give an energy boost....at least according to sims 3)

cocoa beans do give you an energy boost.

they are actually really healthy for you.

search up cocoa nibs. they are cracked cocoa beans which you can bite on.

cocoa beans are pure energy in the form of a bean. they provide good fats for you like an avocado does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:25 AM
Love your harvestables One question, by making the bean a required ingredient in some of the recipes, does this conflict with greycurses mod? that one also revamps recipes to require specific ingredients. I believe any cakes or sweets require milk and flour at least in order to bake. I'll doublecheck the resources but thought I'd ask anyway
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st May 2017 at 12:59 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 1st May 2017 at 2:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kdevereaux
Love your harvestables One question, by making the bean a required ingredient in some of the recipes, does this conflict with greycurses mod? that one also revamps recipes to require specific ingredients. I believe any cakes or sweets require milk and flour at least in order to bake. I'll doublecheck the resources but thought I'd ask anyway

Thats the trouble with overrides...they always conflict! If I have time in future I may ask Graycurse permission to add the flour + eggs + Cocoa as ingredients .(No sure I will do this ultimately or not!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:35 PM
i love this idea of customizable foods in game. its such a challenge to gather them from places i plant them in worlds to bring back to cook with . i love it thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:28 AM
hello, could you make it available harvest for indoor? cause lemon, pear, pomegrante, blueberry, cucumber, cherry, I can plant indoor in my indoor apartment using bb.moveobjects. But I can't plant orange, parsnip, cocoa, and plantain banana indoor. I hope you make cocoa available for indoor apartment too. Thanks. I loved all of your creations anyway ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 5:06 AM
Thank you for some great work! I am glad we got to plant something else every now and then.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 11:41 AM
Awesome!
Page 1 of 3