Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Harvestable Vanilla Bean

by icemunmun Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:53 PM by icemunmun : Updated for SCCO Compatibility

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 11:04 PM
Yaaaaayyyy! Another awesome plant for my farm. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 11:17 PM
I used Google to find recipes and see if some of these dishes usually have vanilla extract:

Recipes:
White Cake
Blue Confetti Cake (looks like vanilla cake with blue frosting to me)
Carrot Cake
Custard Pie
Spooky Cookies and Zombie cake?
Sugar Cookies
Bread Pudding
Banana Cream Pie (recipes online call for vanilla extract)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:07 AM
Vanilla Coffee (Just in case you can specify ingredients for custom drinks)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:26 AM
The ice cream machine probably has at least a few flavors that could use vanilla too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:03 AM
you describe the vanilla bean as "green chili" in your description.

Also, great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:34 PM
I love all the plants that you have created. I really loved pbox's lettuce (harvestable) plant, it doesn't work anymore. It grows beautiful but I can't harvest it. It there any chance someone has fixed it - or would you possibly consider making a new lettuce that is harvestable?
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 9:24 PM
I think sagerainwillow reported good ideas, and I'd like to help you with the recipe requirements, too, icemunmun!

So, right now I'm looking at a base game (w/digital deluxe) recipe list; here are the recipes that might call for vanilla. You can mull this over later...

Base Game Homestyle Cooking
---
Hamburger Cake
White Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookies (vanilla is an ingredient, but might do well to add your cocoa as an ingredient, too!)
Flirty Heart Cookies
Black and White Cookies (same idea as chocolate chip cookies)
Blue Confetti Cake
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes (from the cupcake factory)

Base Game Gourmet Cooking
---
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait (maybe the yogurt was vanilla-flavored?)
Black and White Cake/White and Black Cake (both with the same idea as Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Tiered Cake
Baked Alaska

Get to Work Expansion Baking
---
Sugar Cookies
Cereal Marshmallow Squares
Bread Pudding
Cream Tarts
Cream Filled Doughnuts
Profiteroles
Creme Brulee
Eclairs

As far as custom recipes, the creator I follow and use most is Leniad, so I have all of his recipes. If he would like to have vanilla as a requirement, you might could ask him about Chess Pie, Treacle Tart, and Custard Pie, as well as some of his new cheesecakes and banana recipes posted on http://sims4studio.com/thread/6924/...cupboard?page=4. On that page is a set of 8 milkshakes with a vanilla one that could definitely use your harvestable, icemunmun.

Those ideas are all I have now. If you need to look at cocoa more, I'd be happy to help there, too. I love your mods; great job!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyon I am going to make Vanilla usable for most of the EA recipes was mentioned here + some of my own WIP custom recipes!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:33 PM
Thank you very much
Sockzz!
#11 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:27 PM
Amazing mod as always!! I've been absent for a little while but here are a couple of Dutch translations for your recipes, I thought it would be easier to put them in one post instead of leaving 6 single posts in the comments.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Cocoa harvestable.rar (618 Bytes, 21 downloads)
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Corn.rar (483 Bytes, 16 downloads)
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Custom Bar drinks.rar (2.1 KB, 14 downloads)
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Green chili.rar (548 Bytes, 15 downloads)
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Tandoori Chicken.rar (847 Bytes, 13 downloads)
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Vanilla.rar (501 Bytes, 25 downloads)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:21 AM
YUM!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElenaInTheSims
Amazing mod as always!! I've been absent for a little while but here are a couple of Dutch translations for your recipes, I thought it would be easier to put them in one post instead of leaving 6 single posts in the comments.

Oh thank you so much for the translations :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
YUM!

:D
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:19 AM
Hi Icemunmun, I love your work, but unfortunately I do not work because I have until version 1.25.136.1020. It would be possible to convert this and the other Harvestables to this version please. I could only install Custom Garlic, Parsnip and Cucumber. As I install the translations. Thank you very much, sorry my English
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:15 AM
Amazing! I love your custom harvestables. Will you be making a recipe override for this one?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretSerenityx
Amazing! I love your custom harvestables. Will you be making a recipe override for this one?

Oops...I forgot about it. I have it ready but forgot to upload because of the new patch, GP etc. Will upload this weekend.
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 12:23 PM
Hi ! I translated it in french.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FR_icemunmun_Vanilla_Harvestable.rar (456 Bytes, 20 downloads)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 11:44 PM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thanks for this! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:34 AM
Thanks so much! Love all of the new harvestables for the game. Great idea!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
Hi, thank u for all These wonderful Mods you do! Only one Thing: In my last gameplay, the Mod Detector said that I had to clear either the Vanilla Bean, or the Cacoa Bean. They did not run together. I will try one more time, and I have looootsa Mods - so, I canny tell why or what. But this was all, everything else works out brilliantly. :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:43 AM
hii idk if its a issue with your end or mine, but I do know a lot of mods have been going down in the past couple days. the peach, raspberry, coconut, bell pepper, and vanilla bean pant are disappearing when I go to plant or the ones already panted and grown are dying and I cant water them, when I click on them I get a 'last exception' error notification. do you have any idea why?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaymemesonyourway
hii idk if its a issue with your end or mine, but I do know a lot of mods have been going down in the past couple days. the peach, raspberry, coconut, bell pepper, and vanilla bean pant are disappearing when I go to plant or the ones already panted and grown are dying and I cant water them, when I click on them I get a 'last exception' error notification. do you have any idea why?

All custom harvestables broke with the seasons patch. icemunmun is working on them as far as I know, just give her some time to fix them.
For game safety take all custom harvestables you might have out of your mods folder until they're updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:06 AM
Still loving all your ideas! Thank you for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM
tyvm
Page 1 of 2