Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Realistic Genetics (updated 24 Jul '17)

by Nopke Posted 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:26 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:41 PM by Nopke

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 1:52 AM
Many thanks for this mod. It drives me crazy the way genetics have always worked in the game. Thank you thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:02 AM
Thank you I'm all for better genetics!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:10 PM
Thank you so much! I didn't even know a mod like this was possible!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:01 PM
Thank you! This is a great addition to my gameplay!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:10 PM
Already snagged this off your Tumblr, but wanted to say, thank you. I will be removing your first version and adding this one.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:10 AM
Great mod! I know I'll be using it.

About the eye genetics, is it possible to do a version of this where dark blue has dominance 1 and green the dominance of 1,5? Asking because I sometimes replace dark blue eyes with black eyes (very, very dark brown) and would like it to be dominant while still keeping the green's 1,5 value.

Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 1:18 PM
Genetics has always been one of the most important aspects of the game for me, so thanks for this!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Turquoise777 : 25th Jul 2017 at 2:27 AM.
Thank you very very much! I have always wanted hazel&green to be dominant over grey&blue, but recessive to brown.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:15 AM
Oh thank you for the dark blue as black eyes add on!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:03 PM
Thank you! I love the edit for the hair genetics! Makes so much more sense.

I would love it if I could edit the eyecolour genetic values to my own taste though. Maybe you could add a file with all the eyecolour texture overlays included?
I already found the other eyecolours in the game's skins file, but I'm scared of corrupting the files if I add the other overlays to your file myself.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
I would love it if I could edit the eyecolour genetic values to my own taste though. Maybe you could add a file with all the eyecolour texture overlays included?
Undedited eye colors XMLs in one package. Don't forget to delete eye colors XMLs from the moreRealisticGenetics package.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:19 PM
Thank you so much, you're the best!!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 8:09 AM
I am more curious, lets say an alien and a blue eyed person is together, they get a child and their child comes together with a blue eyed person, would the chance - for their child recieving the blue eyes example be there?
Just curious, because I got confused!

I build small houses *^*
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Nopke : 12th Dec 2019 at 12:17 PM.
@OnayaW Every alien-eyed sim that has a normal-eyed parent, has 50% chances for having a normal-eyed child with a normal-eyed sim.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:42 AM
okay... this explains a lot of my confussion

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:51 PM
How neat, that the blonde hair can be changed to be semi-dominant (which I think is the greatest change from previous mods with just Dom or Rec).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:58 PM
Just recently noticed this mod and am really excited to try it out in my game. Very cool idea, thanks!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:52 PM
I'd have a question for you Nopke.
Your alien eyes seems to have no changes? Besides being available in CAS and for any sims to wear them. They are dominant, but I think this is default behavior right?
I'm asking because I want them to be dominant over all, but I do not want to see them in CAS...could I just edit something in your property set, or simply delete the alien reference from within your mod? And thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 8:40 PM
@Rosebine Originally, alien eyes are as dominant as brown eyes. With my mod, they are super dominant, like custom eyes. They are also unlocked for non-alien sims, so they are available in Bodyshop, but not in CaS (I don't know why it works this way). Alien eyes still can't be randomly selected for townies.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 8:49 PM
Oh! This is perfect then! Thank you very much for the precision.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:29 AM
I must give this a try!

Is it possible to alter the genetics so that a black-haired sim (black/black) and a blond-haired sim (blond/blond) can have a brown-haired child (as in my RL family) because that seems more realistic.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 7:59 AM
@VirtualAlex Unfortunately, according to the game genetics rules, it isn't possible. That black-haired sim must be black/brown to have brown-haired children.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:13 PM
I thought so, or it would have been done already. Thanks!
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:05 AM
Regarding hair genetics, are black and brown still equally dominant with this mod?
Page 1 of 3