Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Like, at LEAST raise it to ten like previous games...

Agreed. I have several multi-generational, or multiple family lots due to them crapping up apartments, and well... limiting lots in general.

Now little Bridget will never have a kitty. Tut tut.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:03 PM
It's not "The easy way" like it was in previous games it's "The only way to make sure they don't starve themselves to death from stupidity".
To control pets is not the only way to make sure they don't starve, it's the only way you see to solve a problem you imagine there will be, based on... well I can't see on what base you can say such a thing. Personally, no Sims ever starve to death in my game, whether I control it or not.
So I see no other answer to this than "wait and see". And don't invent problems just to nurture the idea that EA is crap (and greedy) and all they do is crap and the Sims are crap and obviously, the pets are bound to be crap too.

That being said, I repeat it : I can't wait to learn more on the new career. And now I'll let you all discuss ad nauseam on the many faults of EA, as I can see you have found a new post to express your disgust and hate for this game and their creators.

Have a nice evening (day ?)
Theorist
#53 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nan
To control pets is not the only way to make sure they don't starve, it's the only way you see to solve a problem you imagine there will be, based on... well I can't see on what base you can say such a thing. Personally, no Sims ever starve to death in my game, whether I control it or not.
So I see no other answer to this than "wait and see". And don't invent problems just to nurture the idea that EA is crap (and greedy) and all they do is crap and the Sims are crap and obviously, the pets are bound to be crap too.

That being said, I repeat it : I can't wait to learn more on the new career. And now I'll let you all discuss ad nauseam on the many faults of EA, as I can see you have found a new post to express your disgust and hate for this game and their creators.

Have a nice evening (day ?)

Except it's a problem I faced regularly in Sims 2... So it's not a problem made up out of no where...

As I said before when playing sims 2 pet stories I had the newborn puppies starve to death and had to restart until I managed to get the obsidian paw down and was able to direct them to eat. It's not like it's an unfounded concern. And are you telling me you've never had a baby or toddler taken away after leaving your sims to autonomy for multiple days? I often forget to pause and come back to missing babies and tots. I can't imagine Pets are going to be any different at all...

I had so many Vampires die of thirst in sims 3. I'd come back from another family and they'd have the too much sun moodlet, and be ravenously thirsty without enough time to get themselves a drink... Or randomly generated mermaid sims drying up at people's parties not able to keep themselves showered. Sims kill themselves when you aren't in control of them, it's just a fact. I don't want it happening to my pets. I don't think that's a ridiculous request...
Field Researcher
#54 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:54 PM
Limited....wow, what a surprise (NOT)!! EA and their backward ways...sigh . Wonder if you can only have pets in the new city they created? Wouldn't surprise me if they did that. Wonder how they are going to limit Weather...you know.. when they get around to adding that..in like 5 years.

I'm so glad I uninstalled this game.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:00 AM
Except it's a problem I faced regularly in Sims 2... So it's not a problem made up out of no where...

As I said before when playing sims 2 pet stories I had the newborn puppies starve to death and had to restart until I managed to get the obsidian paw down and was able to direct them to eat. It's not like it's an unfounded concern. And are you telling me you've never had a baby or toddler taken away after leaving your sims to autonomy for multiple days? I often forget to pause and come back to missing babies and tots. I can't imagine Pets are going to be any different at all...

I had so many Vampires die of thirst in sims 3. I'd come back from another family and they'd have the too much sun moodlet, and be ravenously thirsty without enough time to get themselves a drink... Or randomly generated mermaid sims drying up at people's parties not able to keep themselves showered. Sims kill themselves when you aren't in control of them, it's just a fact. I don't want it happening to my pets. I don't think that's a ridiculous request...

Funny as I didn't in the TS2 face that issue. Everyone take cares of babies automounsly, even if the parents/grown-ups are starving to death. They just drop their queue action and run straight to feed those little devils.
Scholar
#56 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
Waaaiiit... they're not playable? Who's idea was that! I dunno how I feel about that. :/

Excited for a vet career though
Mad Poster
#57 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM
For TS4 game, fans hardly can trust automony, so shortly after finding out about that I can see people are disappointed about the lack of control feature.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM
Wife: Honey, I'm so sorry. I still don't get pregnant
Husband: Why is this happening to us
Wife: because we already have 6 cats in our house
Theorist
#59 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Funny as I didn't in the TS2 face that issue. Everyone take cares of babies automounsly, even if the parents/grown-ups are starving to death. They just drop their queue action and run straight to feed those little devils.

I meant specifically not being able to control pets in sims 2, and more specifically Sims 2 pet stories. It's been a long time since playing normal Sims 2. The only issue I had with babies/toddlers in Sims 2 is the tots only sleep for about 30 seconds xD.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Oh, great. No increased household size, and an uncontrollable pet counts as a Sim. Lovely. Flawless execution. A++

I don't recall each TS2 pack having at least 3 major design flaws. Same in TS3's case. And yet here we are without home businesses, functional elevators, placeable elevators, placeable apartment shells, and whatever else there's been. I can't remember, there's too much crap going on and I have too little shits to give.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#61 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:51 AM
But I mean.... at least the pets are cute, right? .-.

Still want to make foxes adoptable. That better be one of the first mods out or I'm rioting!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:59 AM
Would like to point out - though totally irrelevant - that this mess of an expansion has more than been cancelled out by the announcement of Age of Empires IV today.

Yes, fuckin' Age of fuckin' Empires, fuckin' IV.
Remember that franchise that was totally awesome and only had great games, and then died? The one that then came back to life and put out a bunch of shitty games, only to die again and come back yet again, but with improved versions of their old great games? Yeah, that one. I wouldn't say that I've been waiting for this since 2007, but I haven't not been waiting for this since 2007. So this had better be diddly damn good. Like in a Civ V sort of way which was also pretty damn good last time I played it. But with 7 years of extra horsepower and graphics and -

anyway. Small personal victory. Could be awful too for all we know. Maybe that's what I should assume.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#63 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Would like to point out - though totally irrelevant - that this mess of an expansion has more than been cancelled out by the announcement of Age of Empires IV today.

Yes, fuckin' Age of fuckin' Empires, fuckin' IV.
Remember that franchise that was totally awesome and only had great games, and then died? The one that then came back to life and put out a bunch of shitty games, only to die again and come back yet again, but with improved versions of their old great games? Yeah, that one. I wouldn't say that I've been waiting for this since 2007, but I haven't not been waiting for this since 2007. So this had better be diddly damn good. Like in a Civ V sort of way which was also pretty damn good last time I played it. But with 7 years of extra horsepower and graphics and -

anyway. Small personal victory. Could be awful too for all we know. Maybe that's what I should assume.

omigod omigod omigod what?! are you serious?! Hot Damn! I still play AoEIII to this day!

*pours the rubbing alcohol from his glass and breaks out the non-tainted champagne* the day is saved!

Now if someone told me there was going to be a Zoo Tycoon 3...
Scholar
#64 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:25 AM
So not a weather expansion then? It is not raining cats and dogs?
Scholar
#65 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:34 AM
Waaait so you couldn't directly play pets in Sims 2 either??? So the TS4 pets are like a throwback to that? Is that what I'm understanding?? Well. Okay.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:57 AM
omigod omigod omigod what?! are you serious?! Hot Damn! I still play AoEIII to this day!
*pours the rubbing alcohol from his glass and breaks out the non-tainted champagne* the day is saved!

Yeah, I'm not taking the piss. And as I explain at some length on my Tumblr, this is damn good course of action because they're also in the process of fully remastering all three of the original titles. And not like Age of Empires II HD which had like 3 small improvements - they're redoing the graphics, the lighting, the models, the sprites, the AI, the UI, the soundtrack, and everything else. It'll be insane, probably.

So even if IV ends up being a bit shit - and let's face it, that's hardly rare in this day and age, especially with reboots - we'll still have 2017-ified versions of our old games.
And with that, I suddenly feel the urge to play me some Age of Empires again.

It's not what we're here for, but I could do with some good news after The Sims was fucked in the face yet again today.
Though I should add that Pets's world looks pretty nice.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:06 AM
Soooooo only a couple people here actually LIKE the game?

I'm actually super excited for this pack. I like the idea of not having direct control over the cats or dogs. I have no doubt your sims will be able to direct the pets to do things. You can call your family to a meal now. Perhaps you'll be able to call your dog or cat to their food dish as is the case in The Sims Freeplay.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:11 AM
It's all fun & games until your pet bugs out, and you have no way to control them directly to correct the situation.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#69 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:28 AM
Don't know if we can switch over to the animal to see it's Needs? We'll have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to LGR Game's review on it.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:35 AM
so I read all 3 pages and for some reasone alot of people that demanded pets are now crying because it isn't like they imagined it and I'm here that didn't even cared for pets at all and think they did a good job with that.
Sure no extra space for pets to the 8 Sim limit but seriously idk anyone who plays 8 sims actively anyways. If i saw people with 8 Sims it's like this: playing 2-3 Sims actively, 2 Sims are sleeping and the others are off to work.
Also the color wheel or whatever you'll call it for the pets idk why you would want that for Sims sure you could color every piece of clothes the way you would like but most of the time in the Sims 3 that looked stupid because of the limitations.
To the people that said the pets are probably limited to the new neighbourhood, surely they are limited to that neighbourhood just like the Vampires and Aliens are limited to their neighbourhood, if you cry about stuff please use your brain first.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:36 AM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:59 AM. Reason: Typos and corrections
I'm under the impression Maxis chose the name Cats and Dogs because the structured lot system of The Sims 4 doesn't lend itself well for horses, so they hence chose this name to avoid scrutiny regarding lack of horses.

Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Waaait so you couldn't directly play pets in Sims 2 either??? So the TS4 pets are like a throwback to that? Is that what I'm understanding?? Well. Okay.

The ability to control pets in The Sims 2 is possible using the cheats boolprop ControlPets on and boolprop PetActionCancel true. In The Sims 1 it was possible to switch to your Sims' pets and control them too. I do not remember if you needed cheats enabled to achieve this however. In this add-on, the ability to control them likely is possible using a debug command as developers would need its usage to initiate various actions for test purposes.

That having been said-the cat at 0:37? I want to cuddle it.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Scholar
#72 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zellbean
Soooooo only a couple people here actually LIKE the game?

I'm actually super excited for this pack. I like the idea of not having direct control over the cats or dogs. I have no doubt your sims will be able to direct the pets to do things. You can call your family to a meal now. Perhaps you'll be able to call your dog or cat to their food dish as is the case in The Sims Freeplay.

I do. I love the game. I'm excited for the pack. As for whether I'll like it or not...probably. Not being able to directly control the pets may not be bad, I haven't tried it yet, how can I know it'd be bad? Honestly I'm super stoked for that Vet career!!

But I do have a lot of questions as to how it'll work out...
Forum Resident
#73 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:13 AM Last edited by Averex : 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:31 AM.
Because putting in birds, reptiles, horses, etc. was just asking too much.

Yeahhh chances are I'll be skipping this one. I was never a huge fan of playing with pets anyway.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:17 AM
NO HORSE I'm crying like cats and dogs...
On a more positive note, I miss the color wheel so much, Create a Pet is going to be more awesome than Create A Sim, holding my breath till our talented modders to port it into Create A Sim
Mad Poster
#75 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:41 AM
Unless the world looks darn good and IF I am playing 4 at all by then I may get it when it goes on sale. I have zero interest in the pets but may want the world. Maybe.
Page 3 of 18