Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vamp Spar Gains Conflict Resolution

by RevyRei Posted 2nd Sep 2017 at 9:03 AM - Updated 3rd Jun 2020 at 7:36 PM by RevyRei : Game Patch

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:01 AM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:57 AM
Thank you! I thought it's strange. I understand losing Conflict Resolution with Vampiric Duel, but Vampiric Spar? It's even friendly interaction after all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 10:23 PM
nice! I kinda missed the possibility to fight to solve problems!! By the way, from which website did you get clothing and accessories of your snapshots? I love them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wualluz89
nice! I kinda missed the possibility to fight to solve problems!! By the way, from which website did you get clothing and accessories of your snapshots? I love them.

Thank you ^^. Which items do u like and I will try to remember. I know I got the mask over at TSR.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 9:17 AM
Can you edit the vampiric duel too? My household is falling apart because the family engages in vampiric duels automatically and it costs 75% of a full green bar each fight. The never engage in vampiric spars on their own.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zasz
Can you edit the vampiric duel too? My household is falling apart because the family engages in vampiric duels automatically and it costs 75% of a full green bar each fight. The never engage in vampiric spars on their own.

Done. Hopefully it will help your dysfunctional vampire family :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:10 AM
I'm using the Vamp Spar gain. This is great! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:15 PM
someone tried this mod with the cats&dogs ep and the patch? I saw this mod at simsvip under the broken from november patch list so is it broken like not working or broken like it kills your game?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
someone tried this mod with the cats&dogs ep and the patch? I saw this mod at simsvip under the broken from november patch list so is it broken like not working or broken like it kills your game?

It needs to be updated to include new coding in the XMLs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:59 PM
"Updated for the dumb Pets..."

I agree about the new Pets. I play one household with Pets - once. I won't be playing it again. It's boring. Anyways....

Thank you so much for updating this mod. I love it! It's a "Must Have" mod for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:40 PM
Thank you! The friendly relationship gaining spar never made any sense to lose conflict resolution (at least not to me). They're just vampires having a bit of fun.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:47 AM
Has it been updated yet?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 31st May 2018 at 3:06 PM
Does this unlock vampire spar for teens? I only have a single vampire who's a teen, and she doesn't get the option to spar/duel against the other YA vampires around her.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonOfSarila
Does this unlock vampire spar for teens? I only have a single vampire who's a teen, and she doesn't get the option to spar/duel against the other YA vampires around her.

Sadly teens can only spar against other teens so the option won't come up if you click on a YA
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:28 PM
It is compatible with mods to faster gain/decrease character values?

Per example:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604250
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo3487
It is compatible with mods to faster gain/decrease character values?

Per example:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604250

From what I can tell, the example you provided only adjusts the threshold for earning positive/negative traits when you age up, it doesn't actually speed up the gain. If you use faster gain mods like ones from Pawlq, it won't affect your gain from vampiric spar. That mod adjusts the preset small, medium or large gain/decrease in value. Vampiric Spar doesn't reference these preset values, it has it own specific value for some reason. Therefore it won't conflict nor will it be affected by any of those types of mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:31 PM
This has bothered me for sooo long, thanks for creating!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:37 PM
That's nagged me, that a spar would lower conflict resolution when it was two Sims that were just roughin it out for fun. That a duel lowers it, eeeeh, I kinda understand better, since it's an agressive interaction. I think I'll just use the Spar gains and keep the Duel lowers (thank you for making them separate mods!). Also, thank you for relocating them to the vampire tab! They're not just dialogue options, they're special interactions, hidden in the ass-end of the menu for whatever reason. Especially since my mouse is hypersensitive and often clicks twice, so that searching all over again process has been repeated till exhaustion already...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:42 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonOfSarila

@DemonOfSarila I forgot I did wind up figuring out how to make teens spar/duel with adults. I've just been too lazy to dress my sims up and take a ss because I'm too picky . I'll get around to it unless someone wants to send me a fun pic of their vamps fighting and I'll give them a shout out in my post :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 9:11 PM
A big thank you for updating this mod so soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 7:38 PM
Thanks for making this. It really works well, though I have to say, by lowering the conflict resolution so much, it's really hard for two vampires who have dueled, to get that red bar low enough that sparring can even happen. But it does make it far more believable. Thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 7:40 PM
This was working as of after the Nov 3 2019 patch update, as was the Teens Spar with Adults mod (which is also on this site.. I know someone asked about that earlier in the comments).