Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book changes

by gummilutt Posted 7th Oct 2017 at 2:27 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2017 at 6:10 PM by gummilutt

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:52 PM
Thank you for these. It has always bothered me that my sims wouldn't take care of their books! You're the best.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
Thanks for this. I always found it very irritating that the dorms were full of books.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:24 PM
I love this. Thank you! It always annoyed me about the books, and while I like the FT motives with the books, it seemed a bit much. "SeriousMoreFun-Realistic" was the one for me. ;)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thank you for this! I too am a big reader and yet, the motive drops were annoying, I never had to take a bath after reading for several hours. (: This will be a great way for after school, low fun motives keeping kids from doing homework and more motives dropping if they work to raise fun levels.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:33 PM
As I've got one of the motive improvers for reading, I don't think I need the motive one-but the 'put away your books' is definitely going in! There's seriously nothing more annoying and offensive than a pixel's house littered with books on the floor. They don't respect the power of the printed word!
Thanks for these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:55 PM
Thanks, you're always providing us so much usefully mods! It's so amazing see how there is still people caring about improve a game so old and good.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:30 PM
What a great idea. I play a lot of period neighbourhoods where my sims don't have TVs. Now my serious sims can have some decent fun with reading, and getting their film & literature hobby interests increased. As for messy sims leaving books all over the place, thank goodness that is now fixed...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:06 PM
Your mods are always very usefull. Thanks !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:37 AM
This is great. Thank you also for being kind enough to include several options
just a girl
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:37 AM
I didn't know books dealt with so many motives! Hunger? Like when you read about food? :-D
Your mod makes reading from useless to usable, and this is what I love the most. Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:40 AM
I actually like my sims to dump a few books on the floor now and then (how else can I ever get a book to read to a toddler?), but making reading a book more worthwhile for my serious sims is something I can very much get behind! Thanks so much!
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:55 AM
What a marvellous improvement on your prior realistic-reading mod! I love that there can now be disagreements about the attraction of different forms of entertainment:

"Turn off that horrible boring blather! I'm trying to read!"
"Excuse me, you think this is boring? Your book is boring!"

I'll have to pass on the putting-books-away mod though (this bookworm finds books everywhere to be comforting, if sometimes annoying for gameplay reasons) so thank you for making them separate.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:12 PM
I've haven't been playing any of my sims games for some time because my old computer was just too slow. Yes!! I have a new gaming computer now and I'm gobbling up your mods. Love them.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:03 PM
I use GummiBooksnoNeatCheck-BV-MG and GummiFT-SeriousMoreFun-Realistic, but my sims now get a jump bug whenever I tell them to read a book. I tested it with several different households and sims. Removing the files fixes the jump.

I've included part of the error log behind this spoiler, let me know if you need anything else. HCDU is a pain to set up with the UC, so I haven't looked at it yet. I don't have any other mods that affect books or reading in any case.