Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:02 AM
FWIW, you can update the files without needing to generate new links. I don't quite recall how to do it though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
FWIW, you can update the files without needing to generate new links. I don't quite recall how to do it though.

Possibly simply upload a file with the same filename - that's what you do on here anyway. Don't quote me though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#28 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Don't quote me though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:41 AM
Thanks for doing this @smorbie1 !

Does anyone know if Chris Hatch is planning on moving to another site? He could use MTS and SXS.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:45 AM
Some Russian site apparently, but the link didn't work for me.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
SFS has always made me sign in before viewing. I think because it's an adult site.
SFS is an abbreviation for Sim File Share, which is supposed to work much like MediaFire and Box; you just click on the link you're given to download the file. You're not by any chance getting it mixed up with SXS, which an abbreviation sometimes used for Sexy Sims? Sexy Sims definitely is an adult site and it does require you to sign in.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Some Russian site apparently, but the link didn't work for me.
That is strange. The link is still working for me. It sounds like your anti-virus software may be blocking it. I use F-Secure SAFE and it's ok with Mamba City.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

<pokes ihate>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
SFS is an abbreviation for Sim File Share, which is supposed to work much like MediaFire and Box; you just click on the link you're given to download the file. You're not by any chance getting it mixed up with SXS, which an abbreviation sometimes used for Sexy Sims? Sexy Sims definitely is an adult site and it does require you to sign in.

That was what I was thinking of, because it was mentioned in the same paragraph. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:31 PM
Thanks, Roxellen, I printed out the list and will play with them when I'm done here.

For those of you who are having problems with the .odt files, I'm not sure I can help you. I let my word program expire because I am slowly purging Microsoft from my life. The files are Libre Office, which is open source. You should be able to get them to open. I will check on the individual files Roxellen told me are blank. They weren't blank when I sent them. I don't want to have to cut and paste all the instructions on an open forum, so I'll have to think about it if I can't get them work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I did email Chris this morning to tell him I had archived his files. I also asked Chris for any ideas about T&A. I have been unable to get the program to open to let me retrieve the files. I tried to just send the program through email to one of the people who asked. But I couldn't get it to go, even with one drive. Maybe Chris can help us with that.

Has anyone tried to install A&N? If so, please tell me whether it worked.

I'm so sorry if I was rude yesterday in my last comment. It honestly never occurred to me to ask Chris because I didn't intend to go wholesale the way I ended up having to do it. I was just sending files to people who couldn't log in to the site. Just innocently sharing. It was only when I began getting multiple requests for everything on the family-friendly list that I decided to upload them all. It seemed like a way to make things easier for everyone.

It is no secret that my computer skills are extremely limited compared to what most of you can do. So, this was a huge project for me. It took hours and hours and hours to download and figure out how to archive them. I invested a lot of myself in it, and I hope you understand that it was painful for me to read my work being taken apart in that way.

I will never be a contributor to this site. That is a painful fact for me. We are a community and I constantly feel guilty that I can never give anything back when I'm enjoying the fruits of all your labor. I was so happy that I had finally found a way to help.

But you were right; I should have consulted with Chris - it all happened so fast I didn't even think of it. And I'm sure it would ever have crossed my mind to do so, anyway. so, now I have.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:45 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Nov 2017 at 3:39 PM.
I am thankful to Chris Hatch for everything he's done, both adult and non-adult. I am thankful to smorbie1 for archiving them. This took time, and will continue to take time. We have no idea whether the site will be glitchy before the 1st. I've seen cases where the site was so unusable after such an announcement that it might as well have been closed right then and there. Better prepared than not.

If Chris Hatch wants us to take them down, he can tell us, and we probably can. I am sure there have been cases where this happened ... where people uploaded files from dead or dying sites onto SFS, and it turned out the creators didn't want that. I'm sure there is a way to easily handle that. But for now, between here and Sims Cave with other creators who had their mods preserved, we have at least some of the mods that are in danger of disappearing.

The fact that we are extremely concerned about preserving these mods indicates how we value them. A "thank you" thread would be in order after all of this is done, but first, we have a time limitation and in smorbie1's case, a technical limitation. I believe that most of us using these mods are indeed very thankful that Chris Hatch is in this community. I certain am! The news that he is trying to save his mods as well is wonderful news. Knowing there are TWO spots now might ensure these mods will be preserved for others to appreciate and enjoy for some time.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:53 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 25th Nov 2017 at 5:24 PM.
Okay, I tried to fix all the problems Roxellen found. Thanks again. That's exactly why I wanted people to look at them.

The BAS taxi package file is now included in the folder. oopsie

As for the instructions files, I inspected each of them, and the files are all there and complete. I uploaded them again and checked to be sure little words were showing on the documents so they weren't uploading as blank. Maybe that will work this time. someone let me know. If it doesn't, maybe someone can help me come up with something. For some of them, it's not important. The changes are tiny and the mods are just plug and play. But, for a couple of them, the instructions are vital. So, I need for this work. Again, please let me know.

I uploaded instructions for the female butler to the proper folder.

Thanks, again. And let me know if I need to change anything. Time is limited, though, so get playing!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:12 PM
Got your added instructions, thanks so much!

Is there any documentation for CJH_MemorialPainting or CJH_TombstoneUpgrade? You have them listed under "control ghosts and memorial picture".

Thank you bunches and bunches for doing all this! :lovestruc

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:16 PM
Hmm, thank's for that. I had them that way because I downloaded them for myself. I shall go fetch right now. Log in, in a few to get them or reasons why they aren't there (I'm always good for an excuse).

Okiedokie,

I visited BAS and discovered the reason the mods are together is because they are, indeed, the same mod. So, I grabbed the instructions, and another pck option, the light version. Both are now posted.

Keep em coming, guys.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:36 PM
I was working on a way to see if some of his bigger stuff could be gotten down to 512 mb, the limit on SFS but unfortunately I couldn't find a way so unless he does some work on his end, I am thinking it can't be done.. I was experimenting so that I could let him know if I found a way, or OTOH let smorbie know if he doesn't mind

I am like simsample, I was hoping he would actually move some of it to MTS and SXS but if he is happier with the Russian site, that works too Like smorbie, I was afraid it would go down into a black abyss. He was talking about the free services all having size limits, and frankly I would donate to the cause to help pay for a service, for some of his larger stuff, but that is just me personally.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
As for the instructions files, I inspected each of them, and the files are all there and complete. I uploaded them again and checked to be sure little words were showing on the documents so they weren't uploading as blank. Maybe that will work this time. someone let me know. If it doesn't, maybe someone can help me come up with something. For some of them, it's not important. The changes are tiny and the mods are just plug and play. But, for a couple of them, the instructions are vital. So, I need for this work. Again, please let me know.

Don't worry about it. As long as they show up properly for somebody, it's fine.

Maybe someone whose software does read the .odf files properly can convert them to plain .txt files. They would be much smaller that way and everybody would be able to see them without worrying what program to use.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 25th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM.
I shall kiss you from now till the end of time... You just saved my life!

But really, this was a 2 year long drag for me to try to access and find stuff on that forum. And now I have it all in one accessible archive. Thank you so much!

EDIT: A post with links to these various archive pages has to be pinned!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:10 AM
I don't think there's going to be an easy way to get his truly adult site stuff onto a third party server without owning it yourself. Most media storage sites have a size limitation without paying extra for it, and they might not like the content, either. (Although I'm sure they really don't care..)

It's just the two files are huge comparatively speaking, and they take a lot of bandwidth to download and host.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I shall kiss you from now till the end of time... You just saved my life!

But really, this was a 2 year long drag for me to try to access and find stuff on that forum. And now I have it all in one accessible archive. Thank you so much!

EDIT: A post with links to these various archive pages has to be pinned!

You're welcome. But, it is far from all there. The archive is just the family-friendly stuff as well as the angels and nurses expansion.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#44 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Simonut : 26th Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM.
@joandsarah77 The SFS is not working correctly for me when I tab to download and when it pop up down below screen it ask me to open or save.
I click Open ( I use rar ) but all I get is a page that pop up with some foreign writing. My Protection ( Malwarebyte ) block SFS when I go there so I turn it off for a second .

This time I pick SAVE I did not get the funny looking words but the file package. Now what I don't like is there is no txt with this mods ( Pregnant Relation Mod )
I don't feel comfortable without a read me txt because I do not know how it work or if it will go with my last installed EPs.

I download another Mod last week by Christainlov The Wallet Token Only because you Jo's clearly explain in WCIF how it work, And yes it work just as you said ( Thank you ) It work with Seasons.
NOTE: Actually the list in the first post have two "Adults" mod included from BAS Strip Poker table and Fun For All Bed. ( I know because I have had both for years ) it's not Family friendly.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:23 AM
@Simonut

I can open all the text files on my computer, so here it is copy paste.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:30 AM
Thank you, Jo.

Simonout, thank you for letting me know the pregnancy relationship mod was missing the instructions. I just uploaded and made certain it wasn't blank.

As I said before, the program I used to copy the instructions was Libre Office which is open source. That means it should open on everyone's word program. I think Jo said it opens on her word pad.

If this continues to be a problem, I will start copying and pasting the instructions on p.m.'s and sending them out. Just let me know.

Roxellen, were you ever able to open them, or do you want me to p.m. them to you?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:40 AM
Oh and have just been informed by gdayars that the boyfriend of the teen takes a point hit also-I am glad because it was looking rather sexist in the readme.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#48 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
For those of you who are having problems with the .odt files, I'm not sure I can help you. I let my word program expire because I am slowly purging Microsoft from my life. The files are Libre Office, which is open source. You should be able to get them to open. I will check on the individual files Roxellen told me are blank. They weren't blank when I sent them. I don't want to have to cut and paste all the instructions on an open forum, so I'll have to think about it if I can't get them work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I use Open Office and there is a drop down list when you select Save As which allows you to save the file as .doc or .txt or others instead of .odt. Do you not have that?
Meet Me In My Next Life
#49 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:44 AM
@joandsarah77 Thank you for explaining, just one more question please with the pregnant mod, for example. I have a Mayor that is married to a movie star they have two kids.
Now across town the Mayor have a mistress ( she a good for nothing romance Sims ) they have been together for a long time, she is slowing down a bit because of her love for the Mayor.
Jo's if the mistress should become pregnant with the Mayor child will his wife know ? I hope so, I want his wife to find out, ( the Mayor have been running around long enough now ) His wife do have high logic skills. The Mayor always give his mistress money since I am now using the Wallet Token lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:31 AM
I don't use this mod Simonut, I only know what the readme says and what Gdayars said about the boyfriend. It certainly sounds possible but I don't actually know.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 13