Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Random Sim Generator

by katrisims Posted 25th Jan 2018 at 1:34 AM - Updated 10th Jan 2023 at 6:28 PM by katrisims

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:21 AM
Omg thank you so much!!! I've been using the sims 2 one for 4 since I discovered it!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:48 AM
This is amazing, I've been using random number/list generators for stuff like skin tone, hair color, etc. It gets tedious and I often found myself wishing we had a Sims 4 version of the old Sims 2 randomizer. Thank you for making this and sharing it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:29 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:52 AM
Wow that sounds amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for this. I was just looking for something like this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:39 PM
THANKS. Been waiting for something like this for a while.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:04 PM
AWESOME! Perfect~!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
Thank you for this utility tool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:13 AM
This is so cool!! Thank you so much for making it!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:59 AM
OMG
I will try this sim at CAS

Seem a kind of old (and experienced?) drag queer

Sim 1 is an elder male. He has a feminine physical frame, and his clothing preference is feminine. He can get others pregnant, and he cannot use the toilet standing up.
He has the skin color number 17, the eye color number 5 and the hair color number 13. He has a warm voice.
He has the adult personality traits Goofball, Glutton and Kleptomaniac.
His adult aspiration is Renaissance Sim.

yeah, I put customized gender at 25%
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM
Sorry if this is well known, I don't play Sims 4, just Sims 2. Can I make trans sims in Sims 4? Reading your sim descriptions, it looks like Sims 4 does have independent settings for physical body traits, gender identity, outward gender presentation, and sexual orientation. So I could have sims that reflect the wide diversity of humanity? I like that your die roller allows for this. I really like that more people playing Sims 4 can make simmies that reflect themselves.

I had no idea Sims 4 had a sit/stand to pee setting. Yay for simmies being able to pee however's comfortable for them, just not sure I want that high level detail control over sim toilet functions. [edit] I would have been happy with the entire sim body being blurred out when they pee, whatever position they pee in. The sitting sims always look to me like they're peeing through their pants! Go close the door and blur yourselves, please, sims. I don't need to see you pee, really.

Sims 4 aliens can have any skin?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:42 AM
Now this is what I call a lifesaver!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:54 AM
Thanks for all the nice messages, I'm glad you're enjoying the tool!

Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Sorry if this is well known, I don't play Sims 4, just Sims 2. Can I make trans sims in Sims 4? Reading your sim descriptions, it looks like Sims 4 does have independent settings for physical body traits, gender identity, outward gender presentation, and sexual orientation. So I could have sims that reflect the wide diversity of humanity? I like that your die roller allows for this. I really like that more people playing Sims 4 can make simmies that reflect themselves.

I had no idea Sims 4 had a sit/stand to pee setting. Yay for simmies being able to pee however's comfortable for them, just not sure I want that high level detail control over sim toilet functions. [edit] I would have been happy with the entire sim body being blurred out when they pee, whatever position they pee in. The sitting sims always look to me like they're peeing through their pants! Go close the door and blur yourselves, please, sims. I don't need to see you pee, really.

Sims 4 aliens can have any skin?

I'm actually fairly new to TS4 myself, and I currently only have the base game installed, but I'll try to answer the best as I can.

Originally there were just two kinds of sims in TS4, male and female. Later on, there was an update that added custom gender settings to CAS as well as unlocked all clothes for all sims. All sims are still male or female, but you can tweak the gender settings - so yeah, you could interpret the "custom gender" sims as trans. I took the descriptions straight out of CAS, so for each of the features mentioned in the randomizer, there's a corresponding radio button that you can select in CAS. (Heh, yeah, I get what you mean with the peeing settings. ) I don't think you can tweak the settings for a born-in-game sim, only a new one when making them. I think it'd be nice if you could, but well, can't have it all I guess.

As for gender preference, I only assume that the game has a hidden gender preference like TS2 has, so I made an option for that. And even if there's no such thing, well that's something that can be imagined by the player. I'm so used to playing TS2 with ACR that I just kind of automatically made a gender preference setting.

I don't have the Get to Work Expansion installed yet (I'm planning on it though), so I haven't played with aliens personally, but apparently they have two forms in TS4: their "true" alien form and a "disguise" form, so they can make themselves look like regular sims. So at least when in disguise, they should be able to have any skin. They may be restricted in their alien form, not entirely sure there. I'll admit I didn't even think about the interplay between aliens and skins, but with the disguise I suppose that still more or less works out.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:10 AM
This looks great! I am sure many people will find this very useful. I have tweeted about it!

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:58 PM
Nice utility!
If you want to, you can tweak the settings for a born-in-game sim.
1st Use testingcheats true, then cas.fulleditmode , then click on a sim while holding shift down.
You should get an Edit in CAS option.

.....or if you use the MC CC mod there's an option "Modify Household in CAS"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:45 AM
Thanks again, it's nice to hear this is of use. Oh and SimJymm: thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM
I LOVE THIS! it adds a lil' more diversity to my game!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:32 PM
Thanks for this. It's a lot of fun. I was not getting images. The /images folder was missing from my download, so you might want to check that. I made a folder inside the main folder called "images" and reopened the HTML file. Now the images appear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM
Thanks So much Love it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:37 PM
this is awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:55 AM
I got this like two weeks ago and I just... love it. A lot. Usually I make my sims characters from games or shows or books I like, but that gets boring sometimes, and I really really love this because it helps it be... not boring! It's great, and I love how you can customize pretty much anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davinia
Thanks for this. It's a lot of fun. I was not getting images. The /images folder was missing from my download, so you might want to check that. I made a folder inside the main folder called "images" and reopened the HTML file. Now the images appear.

Hi Davinia,

I'm glad you got it working after all! I checked just to be sure, and for me the images correctly extract under a separate images folder when I download and extract the package. If I remember correctly, my sister (who did some testing for me) had the same issue years back when I made the TS2 randomizer, and we attributed it to the software that extracts RARs on a Mac. I'm not 100% sure there, but that's at least what we thought back then.

If anyone else is having issues with images not showing up, please check that they're in a separate subfolder "images", as that's where the randomizer looks for them. If they're not, you can make such a folder yourself and put them there. Thanks to Davinia for the tip!
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:37 PM
Will this need to be updated for the patch? It added 10 new skin tones.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by retroberrii
Will this need to be updated for the patch? It added 10 new skin tones.

Oh, I hadn't yet noticed there'd been a patch, I don't play terribly often myself. Thanks for letting me know! If there are new skintones, yeah, then I'll need to update this to add those. Code-wise, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll need make icons for the new skintones. I just hope they added the new tones to the end of the swatch, or it'll mess up my numbering system.

I'll try to update the tool for game updates when necessary, but that will almost certainly lag behind somewhat most times. Anyway, thanks again for letting me know about an update need!
Page 1 of 4