Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Numenor's Flat

by Numenor Posted 2nd May 2005 at 9:29 PM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM by Numenor

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd May 2005 at 10:48 PM
great stuff Nuemenor.... it's just so difficult to make a 'copy' of your own place with Maxis only things.....that's the real reason I starting making new objects.... Eventually I hope to have a 'true ' digital copy of my home.....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd May 2005 at 10:49 PM
Very cool Numenor! :cdance:
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:01 PM
It looks like you have put a lot of work into it, and it looks so realistic (obviously because it's your home).
What does it look like from the external view?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:21 PM
This is great Numenor!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd May 2005 at 11:48 PM
Great work. :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd May 2005 at 12:06 AM
Hehe Cool! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd May 2005 at 12:40 AM
Nice.. I like it

Thank you for sharing,
Makai
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd May 2005 at 1:44 AM
This is an interesting idea. Thanks for sharing it. I'm afraid my tiny basement apartment isn't worth sharing, but maybe I'll recreate some homes of friends and family.

Numenor, if you felt comfortable doing so, I would be interested to see pictures of the real apartment to compare. If you don't want to post them though I understand.

I'd also be interested in seeing how you would decorate it using custom content. You wouldn't need to post the download since that would probably upset the creators of that content, I'd just be interested to see the pictures.

BTW, what part of Italy do you live in? I am guessing the north? You are too calm and laid back to come from the south.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:16 AM
wow this really cool.
Mesh Maestro
#11 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:29 AM
Very cool idea.... "Party at Numenors house!" LOL
It is very interesting to here the comments of your different architeture and "living" as I am from the land of "wooden homes" and this seeing "real" the layout is different for me.
Scholar
#12 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:41 AM
nice flat numenor
but i don't have the EP so can't have it in my game

i've built my terraced house and would like to upload it but can't find the facility to package lots. it looks cool tho and because it is a simple design, plays really well
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd May 2005 at 3:42 AM
Can you maybe post a pic of the building itself? Or is it just a square box? But anyways fantastic job! I tried making my house with every nook and cranny plus I "simified" it. It ended up to be 18.2 MB :O!

Cheers,
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:12 AM
I'm always eager to try new things from you. Thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:14 AM
ROXXY, JIMMY JOE: since it's an apartment building, the external view is only bare, straigh walls with some windows... nothing special. Moreover, I didn't want to recreate the whole building, so the external vie is quite inconsistent: a house with a flat, tile roof, posed on a small foundation. I'll try and post an external view, but don't expect anyting interesting

MOTOKI: Actually, I live in the southern Italy, though many friends of mine (and my wife, too), say that I'm more of a norther european person, than a southern Italian: even physically, I'm blonde and with a clear skin... When I go abroad on vacation, people never believe I'm Italian! LOL!
As for the pictures of my real home, there a small problem: I don't own a digital camera. If I can manage to borrow one from a friend, I'll try and shot the pictures.
And the idea of re-decorating the hous using custom content that would better match my actual furniture is good. Let me search the forum: if I can find what I need, I'll try and create a more realistinc version.

SLUTBABY: I'm sorry, but it was already very difficult decorating the house using only the EP content... Using only the base-game stuff was impossible. BTW, you nickname should be used only in adult forums! :D

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Actually, I live in the southern Italy, though many friends of mine (and my wife, too), say that I'm more of a norther european person, than a southern Italian: even physically, I'm blonde and with a clear skin... When I go abroad on vacation, people never believe I'm Italian! LOL!

ah, sei italiano?
..beh.. finalmente un appartemento quando ho provato a rifare l'appartamentino dove vivo io non sono riuscita e mi sono accontentata di una mega villa con piscina
--
great work! downloading it now
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:29 AM
Numenor: Haha, you fooled me then. I'm American but my father and mother's mother are Sicilian and my mother's father was Calabrian. We've all got the dark hair and skin, are easily excitable and loud.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:43 AM Last edited by Numenor : 3rd May 2005 at 11:50 AM.
LOL! So, Motoki, seems that you are more "southern" then me! Funny! :D

Ciao, SIMPLYSTELLA, anch'io vorrei "accontentarmi" di una megavilla, ma in fondo non posso lamentarmi...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:54 AM
:offtopic: i have roots in italy and ireland (royalty to be exact,dunno where the moneys at cause we could use it!)of course this was about 12 generations ago.anyway downloading now i hope i can fix my comp even a bare lot (no walls)loads slow.perhaps now that i've defragmented it will run smothly (its a 2003 gaming computer and i used to be able to run anything smoothly,then i had to update my drivers cause it wouldnt run.but i had just gotten off it 5 minutes before :wtf2: )

my name was inspired by the SU-37 fighter jet its NOT Jonsu
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd May 2005 at 12:41 PM
Once again"thanks" to one of my favorite talents .
Scholar
#21 Old 3rd May 2005 at 12:42 PM
I meant to speak on YOUR talents...not mine. Did it sound right??? Anyway,thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd May 2005 at 5:08 PM
Ok im 14 my house is pretty square i may have a go at making my house just to see what it looks like ill post when done see if ya'll like it (predicting ahead of my self hoping it will be good) Nice flat too numenor when ive made my house i supose it will be a rather large house i live with my dad and bro 47 and 17 mom lives on own (dont fell sympathy for me) altho you wont. thanks great house
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:08 PM
As requested, I've posted (on the main post) a couple of pictures of the exterior of the house; they are waiting for approval. In the meantime, I'll post a copy here:

The Quiet One
retired moderator
#24 Old 3rd May 2005 at 6:41 PM
yay! i love it, Numenor! like someone said above, "Party at Numenor's house!"
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:52 PM
OK, then, let's have a party! You all are invited!
Only, Maxis rules apply:
Quote: Originally posted by MaxoidKane
It looks like the budget won't allow us to bring Numenor from Italy at this time.

Page 1 of 4