Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Simmiller : 17th Jun 2022 at 8:01 PM.
Default Tutorial for Neia's Online Create-a-Career Tool
This tutorial is now found HERE.
20 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:52 PM
Absolutely awesome work!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:23 PM
Thank you SO much for creating this tutorial!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:07 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM
Does anyone know how to add daily tasks to careers?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:37 PM
My Python won't work ?? I downloaded the XZ from this site : https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-337/ : I put it in the C:// directory I unzipped it and attempted to install by clicking on it, but nothing happens. The computer doesn't know what to do with the program. So- thinking it had to be installed in CMD with the use of .exe in the instructions, I tried that, and it just says "inoperable command" D: I've been working on this custom career for over 3 months now. I have created custom uniforms and everything to go with it. It would really stink if I had to trash it, but at this point, I'm losing hope!

Please? Anyone ?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
My Python won't work ?? I downloaded the XZ from this site : https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-337/ : I put it in the C:// directory I unzipped it and attempted to install by clicking on it, but nothing happens. The computer doesn't know what to do with the program. So- thinking it had to be installed in CMD with the use of .exe in the instructions, I tried that, and it just says "inoperable command" D: I've been working on this custom career for over 3 months now. I have created custom uniforms and everything to go with it. It would really stink if I had to trash it, but at this point, I'm losing hope!

Please? Anyone ?

Hi @stephibaby ! I haven't been on this tutorial for a bit, so sorry! You seem to be downloading python from the wrong place. Click on the direct link I provided at the top of the tutorial, and follow the instructions there as well. You should have no problem then!

Please let me know how it goes for you, or if you've solved your issue in the meantime. Best of luck!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 12:12 PM
Thank you so much! I was very lost and needed to make an animal care career because the one here was FUBAR. I haven't modded since TS2 so this seemed daunting. It really wasn't with your tutorial!
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 6:53 PM
Hello, I apologize for my English, I'm French.
I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
would anyone have a solution? (I followed all the tutorial without skipping step and it is that with the sector that it poses a problem)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aya85
Hello, I apologize for my English, I'm French.
I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
would anyone have a solution? (I followed all the tutorial without skipping step and it is that with the sector that it poses a problem)

In any career text such as track names, level titles, or descriptions, using characters other than letters, for example numbers or symbols like "/" or "*", can sometimes cause problems, so remove those from your text. Also, go back into the career tool and double check that your images are all in the right place, just as a precaution. Remember to save every time you make changes. If you are still getting a glitch after you re-export the career, I recommend contacting Neia on her forum thread to see if she can help as there may be something more specific wrong.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
**Updated tutorial with step 12b for those whose text files were lost after re-exporting careers created before the 19JUN/18 Seasons update**
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:24 AM Last edited by harlequin_eyes : 4th Jul 2018 at 5:27 PM.
Hey Simmiller, I'm having a problem importing the file. I made it to step 14 and get the following message:
TypeError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

This is my first time ever using Python and I don't know squat about coding. I have gone through the process a dozen times now and I'm getting the same errors, I have re-exported from the career creator tool, saved the file Python with 3 different names, reinstalled everything...I am at a loss.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:39 AM
This is a quick question that I've tried googling but I'm struggling with. Which text codes stand for which language? I understand that US is English, and JP is probably Japanese and KR Korean, but I'm wondering what each code means within this program as I'm getting mixed results from searching online. Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shannenenen
This is a quick question that I've tried googling but I'm struggling with. Which text codes stand for which language? I understand that US is English, and JP is probably Japanese and KR Korean, but I'm wondering what each code means within this program as I'm getting mixed results from searching online. Thanks!

@shannenenen
I'm 99.9% sure these are the codes and their languages:

US English
BR Portuguese (Brazilian)
CN Cantonese (Chinese)
CZ Czechoslovakian
DK Danish
ES Spanish
FI Finnish
FR French
DE German
IT Italian
JP Japanese
KR Korean
NL Dutch
NO Norwegian
PL Polish
RU Russian
SE Swedish
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
Hey Simmiller, I'm having a problem importing the file. I made it to step 14 and get the following message:
TypeError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

This is my first time ever using Python and I don't know squat about coding. I have gone through the process a dozen times now and I'm getting the same errors, I have re-exported from the career creator tool, saved the file Python with 3 different names, reinstalled everything...I am at a loss.

@harlequin_eyes
I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you. I don't know much about the technical side of things. I recommend you ask Neia either on here or on the tool forum.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:32 AM
Thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
@shannenenen
I'm 99.9% sure these are the codes and their languages:

US English
BR Portuguese (Brazilian)
CN Cantonese (Chinese)
CZ Czechoslovakian
DK Danish
ES Spanish
FI Finnish
FR French
DE German
IT Italian
JP Japanese
KR Korean
NL Dutch
NO Norwegian
PL Polish
RU Russian
SE Swedish

Thanks! I wanted to double check before I included translations under the wrong language
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
Thanks anyway!

I had this problem too!!!! The steps i did were
1.Import all files in package folder, and save as - into python33 folder,
then i took the .py file that was in the download zip from Neia and placed it into python, i cmd and copied/pasted the full name of the file with .py into cmd ( before i did the little c:python etc the person said to do and it worked )
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:07 AM
This was such a great tutorial until Python had hiccups. The second line in the .py file (I looked at it in IDLE) calls to "import services", but Python it doesn't seem to find it returning:

File "C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py", line 2, in <module>
import services
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'services'
>>>

I tried this in 3.3 and 3.7. I'll put on my thinking cap and try to imagine what that file would be, where it's at and why it's needed. My Python exposure is extremely limited, but there is bound to be some of my experience that will help out. But if there's a quick answer by all means share!
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:09 AM Last edited by wizard444 : 11th Aug 2018 at 11:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by marish01
This was such a great tutorial until Python had hiccups. The second line in the .py file (I looked at it in IDLE) calls to "import services", but Python it doesn't seem to find it returning:

File "C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py", line 2, in <module>
import services
>>>

I tried this in 3.3 and 3.7. I'll put on my thinking cap and try to imagine what that file would be, where it's at and why it's needed. My Python exposure is extremely limited, but there is bound to be some of my experience that will help out. But if there's a quick answer by all means share!

I am not sure I am completely understanding but I think you have a path issue. When you first open command prompt (cmd) enter set path=C:\Users\maris\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37
Python 3.7.0 will not recognize the -O so just enter python to start the program and you're ready to proceed with your import command which in your case would be: import Marish01_Careers_SillyTestCareerk.py
This is going to generate an error message. Disregard it. Your new file will be in the _pycache_ folder and you're all set to go forward with the instructions as printed in the rest of the tutorial.

Side note to Simmiller: Excellent tutorial and I found it very helpful and easy to follow. Python 3.3 has some very serious security issues which may or may not pose a risk simply by having it installed. I opted for 3.7.0 and some trial and error but I've created and tested a career and everything looks good! I also reinstalled Python directly to C:\ to make that path a bit easier to navigate.
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM Last edited by pugglerock : 12th Aug 2018 at 7:33 PM.
So I've followed everything in this guide and I ran into two problems.
One - I get File "C:\Users\pugglerock\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python33\Pugglerock_Careers_Professionalstreamer.py", line 2, in <module>
import services

Two - It won't show up in the actual game itself but will show up in the section about mods, so I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong.

EDIT - Nevermind I know where I was going wrong! I was importing the entire file and not just the package folder. All done now and works like a chamr Thank you for the guide!
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM
I hope someone can help me. I see some similar posts above but I'm not sure how to fix it based on reading them several times. I must be missing something. I moved my file Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py to my Python folder C:\Users\dawns\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32 and then entered the command C://Users/dawns/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/Python.exe -O in the command prompt window. Followed by import Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py and got the error about No module named 'service'.

In my __pycache__ folder I have a file now named Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.cpython-37.opt-1.pyc which isn't a .pyo file. I read that it isn't the same thing but no matter what I do that's all I can get. Will this .pyc file work?
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m_evergreen
I hope someone can help me. I see some similar posts above but I'm not sure how to fix it based on reading them several times. I must be missing something. I moved my file Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py to my Python folder C:\Users\dawns\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32 and then entered the command C://Users/dawns/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/Python.exe -O in the command prompt window. Followed by import Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py and got the error about No module named 'service'.

In my __pycache__ folder I have a file now named Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.cpython-37.opt-1.pyc which isn't a .pyo file. I read that it isn't the same thing but no matter what I do that's all I can get. Will this .pyc file work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nYCRI-MDM&t=1s
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:16 PM Last edited by m_evergreen : 25th Aug 2018 at 9:30 PM. Reason: Attach Images
I'm doing that but...
Quote: Originally posted by Oneandquality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nYCRI-MDM&t=1s

Hi, thanks for replying!
The file I get when doing exactly that on my computer is .pyc instead of .pyo
I went forward anyhow and renamed it, adding it to my zip file but it seems odd that I get a .pyc file when all tutorials say it should be .pyo and even show it that way.
Has anyone else had this experience? Is it okay to use the .pyc file that I'm getting?
Screenshots
Instructor
#25 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM
Is it possible use this tool to fix/update careers made by creators who are no longer active?
Page 1 of 7