Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

642 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 26
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
So... It Begins.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM
Default What?
I am sorry for my language but... How in the hell do I run this thing?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:10 PM
Nvm I'm fine
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:59 PM
This is amazing and really easy to follow Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:41 PM
Finally!!! I loved messing around with the beta, can't wait to test the final thing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 1:55 AM
I've been waiting for this since forever OMG!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:49 AM
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

I look forward to all the fantastic additions by the community, still a shame we can't add sliders, but this is definitely a great step forward in extending the functionality of CAS.

As for a request for anyone getting into this tool, a remake of the neck slider by sammythesim which at the time only worked through commands would be absolutely fantastic.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:51 AM
This is amazing! Back when this tool didn't exist, and I created a DMAP slider, it was a pain in the butt. I'mma go and try make some sliders now!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:06 AM
Found a bug. When I tried creating a DMAP slider, it errored out when previewing the dmaps. When the compressed option was off, it worked fine. Would providing the files I used to create the DMap help with diagnosing the bug?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:14 AM
I need this so much...
This is amazing!
Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:57 AM
Yayy, so glad to see it finished and uploaded! This will be a very useful tool for TS4.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:13 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jun 2018 at 1:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Found a bug. When I tried creating a DMAP slider, it errored out when previewing the dmaps. When the compressed option was off, it worked fine. Would providing the files I used to create the DMap help with diagnosing the bug?

Yes, definitely. Also please say whether you followed the steps in the tutorial and used the unaltered base file exported by MorphMaker as the base and what tool you used to make the morph. Screenshots showing what options you used to generate the DMaps and showing the error might also help.

Edit: If this error happened in the package editor tab while making the sim modifier, did you only load the shape and not the normals? That'll give an error.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, definitely. Also please say whether you followed the steps in the tutorial and used the unaltered base file exported by MorphMaker as the base and what tool you used to make the morph. Screenshots showing what options you used to generate the DMaps and showing the error might also help.

Edit: If this error happened in the package editor tab while making the sim modifier, did you only load the shape and not the normals? That'll give an error.

Here is a zip including the obj files, screenshots, and dmaps. http://simfileshare.net/download/567609/
Anyway, I've included the compressed DMaps in the zip. The error that appears when I attempt to preview them in the "Apply DMAP morphs" part says that it tried to divide by zero.

The slider was a quick test on creating a slider that makes male sims have feminine frames gradually. M.obj is the male skintight, F.obj is the female skintight. mtf.obj is the male skintight with the vertices altered so it looks like the female skintight.

Anyway, creating the DMaps with compressed makes them fail in the preview panel, but creating them uncompressed makes them work.

I've screenshotted the settings and the error and also put it in the zip.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:24 PM
Here is a zip including the obj files, screenshots, and dmaps. http://simfileshare.net/download/567609/
Anyway, I've included the compressed DMaps in the zip. The error that appears when I attempt to preview them in the "Apply DMAP morphs" part says that it tried to divide by zero.
I've screenshotted the settings and the error and also put it in the zip.

Thanks! It's a bug in the compression that would affect only full body size DMaps because of a data overflow. Corrected in V2.2.6, just uploaded.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:26 PM
May you add an option to export the morphed body with the head in the previewer tab rather than one or the other?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:42 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jun 2018 at 7:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mudstep
May you add an option to export the morphed body with the head in the previewer tab rather than one or the other?

I can add that for the next version.

Edit: I'm adding the head to the morphed body. That makes more sense.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:44 PM
I can add that for the next version.

Hey CmarNYC! Compressed Full Body DMaps are still broken. This time, instead of breaking at the preview Dmap part, it breaks before you even save it, at the compressing portion.

Here's an image of the new bug. https://i.imgur.com/Zt17QX1.png
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:52 PM
Hey CmarNYC! Compressed Full Body DMaps are still broken. This time, instead of breaking at the preview Dmap part, it breaks before you even save it, at the compressing portion.

Here's an image of the new bug. https://i.imgur.com/Zt17QX1.png

Please upload the meshes you're using.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
Please upload the meshes you're using.

Ah sure! M Skintight is the base, and teenager is the modified version.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/567776/

It still works when not compressing it.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
This is fantastic! While I think this may be beyond my abilities at current, and the fact I can't think of any sliders or presets I want to make with it right now, it has been wonderful to be able to use it to adjust the ear slider by Luumia more to my liking.
One question, is there any way to import seperate preset thumbnails for male and female Sims? At the moment they all have female thumbnails.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:42 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jun 2018 at 8:57 PM.
Ah sure! M Skintight is the base, and teenager is the modified version.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/567776/

It still works when not compressing it.

Naturally while fixing one problem I introduced another worse one. Please update to V2.2.7 and I hope this will work for you!

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This is fantastic! While I think this may be beyond my abilities at current, and the fact I can't think of any sliders or presets I want to make with it right now, it has been wonderful to be able to use it to adjust the ear slider by Luumia more to my liking.
One question, is there any way to import seperate preset thumbnails for male and female Sims? At the moment they all have female thumbnails.

Thanks! Hmm, I don't know about the thumbnails but I'll look into it.

Edit: At this point I'd have to say no - the game packages seem to have only one thumbnail image (in two sizes of which only one seems to be used) per sculpt. You could always duplicate the sculpt and have one copy for each gender, or even each gender/frame.

Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:05 PM
Hey Cmar! I may have a rather silly question about the morphing.
I tried to use DMAP to make leg length morphing, or any other morphing that will change the overall height of the sims, it ended having some oilly stains on the sims' body. Sims can still walk fine IN-GAME, so I am not sure if this issue is related to the rig motion.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tanukikakaka
Hey Cmar! I may have a rather silly question about the morphing.
I tried to use DMAP to make leg length morphing, or any other morphing that will change the overall height of the sims, it ended having some oilly stains on the sims' body. Sims can still walk fine IN-GAME, so I am not sure if this issue is related to the rig motion.

I did some testing with changing height with a DMap, and got some very impressive distortions in the sim's hands and arms. The previews look fine so I don't think it's the actual morph. Possibly changing the mesh height without changing the skeleton messes up the slotrays - that's the only thing I can think of.

Anyway, could you post a picture and your package if you don't mind? Oily stains sounds bizarre.

Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:59 AM
Sorry if I've missed this in the tutorials, but is there a way to make a preset genetic in that if you age a sim up or down, it uses the same custom preset?

Thanks again for this I'm really enjoying creating with it!
Page 1 of 26