Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Orchard Fruits Gussy Up

by Aysarth Posted 13th Oct 2018 at 2:41 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 5:56 PM by Aysarth

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:07 PM
This is a great idea not only for upgrading the looks of the fruits, but also sims choosing their fruit by personality. Instead of all sims copy catting each other, they have the ability to be a bit different instead of monotonous actions. Thank you! (:
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
You're doing wonderful things with harvestables. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:15 PM
Good work They really do look much better with these textures. I never realized how much the fruit needed these
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM
These are really nice, especially the different fruit preferences for different personalities. I know that the answer is most likely no, but, there's no chance of this conflicting with the Sun & Moon fruits (again, most likely no, because of different GUIDS and stuff, just double-checking).

Personally, I just like giving my sims a choice of different harvestables, and see the two kinds of apples, beans, etc. as simply just being different brands or breeds/varieties of produce to choose from (like Red Delicious, Gala, Honeycrisp, etc.).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 5:32 AM
Thank you for another wonderful improvement! I've always wanted my sims to be able to snack on apples, since I enjoy eating them so much myself.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 2:16 AM
Thank you, I absolutely love all that you have done to improve maxis growables.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:44 AM
Hey, Aysarth. This is a great idea, especially finally being able to eat the actual fruits (why wasn't this a feature in the first place? Oh, EAxis...). I just wanted to ask though - the HCDU reports a possible conflict with BoilingOil's More Realistic Yields. I was wondering if you happen to know whether they'd still work together and/or if it can be resolved through load order.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 5:54 PM
Hi @Sketching I have looked at this mod, and there is a conflict. However, if you make my fruit load AFTER BO's mod, you get the realistic harvest quantity, and the edible fruit. However, I expect any tweaks BO made to the selling price and food units will have been overridden by EAxis original values.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 5:40 PM
finally! the ability to just eat the fruit! it's always bugged me so much that they couldn't! thank you thank you thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 10:35 AM
This is great. My sims can eat their fruit - yay! Thank you for sharing this wonderful mod, can't wait to try it.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Hi @Sketching I have looked at this mod, and there is a conflict. However, if you make my fruit load AFTER BO's mod, you get the realistic harvest quantity, and the edible fruit. However, I expect any tweaks BO made to the selling price and food units will have been overridden by EAxis original values.

Thanks, Aysarth! That combination might actually be useful for a certain hood I have in mind. :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:17 AM
Brilliant. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:13 PM
Finally, my sims can eat fruit. Thanks for this.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 3:54 PM
Thank you, Maxis should have done this before.
However, I have a problem with apple - whenever a Sim is trying to eat it, they get 'animation name is empty string' error. I think it is because of anims text strings being of incorrect group. Could you please fix this?
Thanks once more.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
Thank you, Maxis should have done this before.
However, I have a problem with apple - whenever a Sim is trying to eat it, they get 'animation name is empty string' error. I think it is because of anims text strings being of incorrect group. Could you please fix this?
Thanks once more.

Hi Meduza

I have tried making the animation strings default language only. Here is the new version (not zipped). http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1108843/

It works for all ages in my game, but then so did the original. If this does not fix it for you, please let me see the Object Error report.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Hi Meduza

I have tried making the animation strings default language only. Here is the new version (not zipped). http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1108843/

It works for all ages in my game, but then so did the original. If this does not fix it for you, please let me see the Object Error report.

It didn't help, I still get the error, but thank you for taking a look at it!
I think Sims anim text lists should be of group 0x7FC0205A (just like every resource in that file) not 0x7FCE2168.
Error log:
Quote:
Object id: 419
name: N005_User00722 - Alpha
Stack size: 7
Error: Animation name is empty string.
Iterations: 7
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 422
Stack Object name: Orchard Tree - Fruit - Apple
Node: 13
Tree: id 4105 name 'Function - Eat' version -32761
from OrchardTree_Fruit_Apple
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals: 422 0 4
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 422
Stack Object name: Orchard Tree - Fruit - Apple
Node: 7
Tree: id 4106 name 'Interaction - Eat fruit' version -32761
from OrchardTree_Fruit_Apple
Params: 0 Locals:
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 419
Stack Object name: N005_User00722 - Alpha
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 422
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 4 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 4 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
It didn't help, I still get the error, but thank you for taking a look at it!
I think Sims anim text lists should be of group 0x7FC0205A (just like every resource in that file) not 0x7FCE2168.
Error log:

Hi @Meduza

I have changed the Anim string groups as you suggested, and it still works for me.

Here it is. Please let me know if this sorts it. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1117332/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:48 PM
I may have an issue between your fruit and the combined juicing mods. I think I posted on the wrong upload. http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 5:19 AM
tbh, this is something i never thought of before, but it's such a nice touch to the game! thank you, i can't wait to try!