Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:26 PM
You always make such fabulous goodies!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM
Thank you for this Cmar. You're amazing. The conversion is so fasssstttt I didn't even blink my eyes and my 356 files were already compatible with HQ Mod! This is fantastic. ❤️️😍😍😍
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:02 PM
haha, I like the downsizing option as large texture files is usually what makes cc take up so much space. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:52 PM
This is by far one of the most helpful tools available. It works great! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:10 AM
Thank you my king, you are absolutely a genius! I love u. <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SCK93
when i try to convert my cc i get this error (https://imgur.com/a/bE0D3Oq) when i click in continue, the conversion just stops...

Please upload or link to the package you're trying to convert so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:51 AM
For some reason I got this error, but nothing was running in the background. I'm trying to convert EA packages to HQ, and what I did was extract the texture files into a separate package. Could there be too many texture files in there for it to go through?

Edit: I attached an image but it may take a minute or two to show up.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:07 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Nov 2018 at 2:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
For some reason I got this error, but nothing was running in the background. I'm trying to convert EA packages to HQ, and what I did was extract the texture files into a separate package. Could there be too many texture files in there for it to go through?

Edit: I attached an image but it may take a minute or two to show up.

I'm not sure why this would happen since the tool only works on one image at a time. Possibly it's finding too many files at one time - hard to say. That doesn't even make sense. I can test on an EA package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm not sure why this would happen since the tool only works on one image at a time. Possibly it's finding too many files at one time - hard to say. I can test on an EA package.

Do you need the package I was using?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:18 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Nov 2018 at 4:27 AM.
If it's not too humongous to upload, sure.

Edit: Never mind, I got the error myself. Possibly it's a problem image. Working on it!

Edit2: Doesn't seem to be any individual texture, it just chokes after 200 or 300 or so textures. I see where it's happening but not why. Still working on it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:56 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 4:37 AM
If it's not too humongous to upload, sure.

Edit: Never mind, I got the error myself. Possibly it's a problem image. Working on it!

Edit2: Doesn't seem to be any individual texture, it just chokes after 200 or 300 or so textures. I see where it's happening but not why. Still working on it.

I got it at under 50 textures. It'd hit 20 or so and pop up error message. :-/ So not sure what's going on there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 4:58 AM
I haven't even tried it yet and I am so eternally grateful! Seriously, we appreciate this!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 9:57 AM
Thank you for answering my previous questions on the test page I indeed hope the quality is a bit better then ♥
A new question suddenly popped into mind while writing this; Let's say you mistook a package for being non-HQ while essentially the cc was already HQ. Will the tool just ignore this package, or will it override/replace the HQ textures with these ''resized'' HQ textures?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunaLechuza
Thank you for answering my previous questions on the test page I indeed hope the quality is a bit better then ♥
A new question suddenly popped into mind while writing this; Let's say you mistook a package for being non-HQ while essentially the cc was already HQ. Will the tool just ignore this package, or will it override/replace the HQ textures with these ''resized'' HQ textures?

It will not resize any texture that's already the correct size.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I got it at under 50 textures. It'd hit 20 or so and pop up error message. :-/ So not sure what's going on there.

Yeah, I got to over 500 once, then the next time failed at just over 200. On the same package. Very odd.

Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:12 PM
It will not resize any texture that's already the correct size.

Alright! Thank you for clarifying
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunaLechuza
Alright! Thank you for clarifying

No problem! It also won't size down anything that's bigger than needed (in HQ mode). If getting everything into the standard sizes is preferable I can make that optional.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 9:29 PM
Hi Cmar! This is an amazing tool!

I, too, received the error, but it was after 724 images (out of 1387). I do not know if this extra information is helpful or not. I will continue working on other folders, and see if I can find any new information regarding it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:12 AM
Default Error Message Culprit
I got the error message too and I narrowed it down to which cc file specifically caused it for me.
Error Message:
Link to CC that caused it: http://bit.ly/2DVjxy4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 4:42 AM
Perfect!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany A
This is a really great tool! But sometimes I run into a problem where when I convert a piece of cc that has its own shadow texture, in game there will be black lines on or around that piece of cc. Is there any way for this issue to be fixed? Other than that, I'm not having any problems and the tool runs very, very well.

Here's a picture of what I mean:

And here's a link to a pic of this cc's hq resized shadow texture with the black lines around it: https://i.imgur.com/fypPHYk.png

I have the same thing, it happened when we manualy converted shadow map in png instead of dds(((
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 1:51 PM
No problem! It also won't size down anything that's bigger than needed (in HQ mode). If getting everything into the standard sizes is preferable I can make that optional.

Ohh! So if for example a specular map has the size of 2048x4096 (which is too big for HQ as 1024x2048 is already double sized for specular maps) then it will remain in that size and it won't be scaled down to the standard HQ size? That's interesting. An optional option to get them in standard sizes would be a nice addition! But only if that's not too much of extra work Atm I'm already grateful for how convenient this tool is
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dobro
I have the same thing, it happened when we manualy converted shadow map in png instead of dds(((

Ah so that's what's happening! Does that mean if dds gets saved as dds again then it should prevent the black lines from appearing? I haven't even tried this manually tbh. I've always converted cc textures from dds to png
Page 1 of 10