Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Growing Up Wants Panel

by Nopke Posted 29th Nov 2018 at 6:55 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:48 PM by Nopke

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:42 PM
This is fabulous!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:59 PM
This is brilliant for games in which I don't have a university to speak of, yet. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:24 PM
Great idea and very useful. Thanks !
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 6:32 AM
It's like you read my mind. Here I was, trying to revamp my sims' educational system, trying to find a way that doesn't make University about getting want slots and locks--and then this mod arrives! Now my sims' higher education can just be about a career advancement. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 8:56 AM
I can't wait to try this!
I only play university occasionally, it just gets repetitive too easily otherwise, but handing out wants and locks willy-nilly didn't feel quite right either. This is just perfect!
I just bred a fun new couple of mine... gonna go raise that baby right now!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:43 AM
I got excited too quickly, this crashes my game.
The hack conflict detector didn't find anything related to this mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:04 AM Last edited by Nopke : 30th Nov 2018 at 10:15 AM.
@blockparty Which version of the mod do you use? What expansion and stuff packs do you have installed? When is your game crashing?
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:22 AM
This might conflict with the University of life-mod from here: http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D.../UniOfLife.html

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:42 AM
I'm sorry, after double checking I came back to delete my comment, but I see I was too slow!
I fucked up - I had also put an old item back into my downloads, and when I fired up the game, I forgot about that, thinking your mod was the only new thing. Turns out it was the other item that caused the crash. So sorry for the inconvenience!
It crashed immediately upon entering a sim home, so I assumed it was the mod and wanted to let you know before I forgot, but that bit me in the butt, because now that I've removed the unrelated item, I am able to load a home with your mod. So for now at least, no issue, and I'm back to being excited to see it in action! Sorry, sorry and thank you for making this!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 30th Nov 2018 at 9:17 PM.
Thank you so much for this Mod.

This might conflict with Squinge Mega College Pack, I think (this might be obvious to some). I can test if you want.

Edit: I have a question. So when a Sim grows up, for example, from a teenager to an adult, they will get one new slot making it 5 instead of 4? Or do they get 6 like College graduates? (Sorry for this silly question).
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:28 AM
@Fyren5 This mod doesn't conflict (at least directly) with Squinge's Mega College Pack.
A Sim has to grow up at least three times to get two want slots. It's because this mod never adds two slots or locks at a time, and never adds a want slot two times in a row.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 4:41 AM
Thank you so much for this, this is fabulous!

A much more gameplay driven way to earn want slots! 😊
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 12:34 AM
This mod is super cool. I'm wondering if it's possible for you to upload a version that only has the adding of a fear-- I think getting extra want slots like this might be too rewarding for my type of gameplay, but I do like the aspect of extra fears for growing up in the red. Thanks either way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 3:59 PM
@kittenn1011 Do I understand correctly that you don't want Sims get want slots or locks at all?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 12:09 AM
But since it STOPS the college addition of want & fear slots (I think in Junior year), does this mean that if they go to college the automatic change from teen to young adult doesn't trigger this to do anything (or DOES it?). And then when they get out of college they transition to adult does that trigger the addition of want and fear slots, and 2 locks (like the college perk does)? But doesn't getting a 2nd want slot, a 2nd fear slot, and a 2nd lock, all at once, conflict with the description of the mod? It sounds like they would not get all this, and wouldn't get all those even by the time they became Elder.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:26 AM
@grammapat “This mod also disables receiving wants and fear slots along with locks as university bonuses” — I meant this mod disables the original university-based system of getting slots and locks. Forget that system if you want to understand how this mod works. Going to or out of college forces Sims to age up. So they may get a slot or a lock. One per age transition. It is not a university bonus, it's an aging-up bonus.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:01 PM
Cool, so 2 more chances to get more slots, etc. Thanks. For most (?) teens, going to college is a big Happy, but I'm eager to see what happens if they fail or quit college - some of them don't seem to care at all.
Inventor
#19 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
kittenn1011 Do I understand correctly that you don't want Sims get want slots or locks at all?

I'd be interested in a fear-only version for sims who grow up in the red while blocking additional want slots too (is it possible to have both in separate mods for options?), just in case you ever decide to make such a version.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:11 PM
Awesome, I just settled on not sending most teens to university except for some LTWs and aspirations and I didn't want to simply cheat the wants/locks to those left out. And that fourth fear slot is very clever, it's perfect. It actually gives a very good reason to make them plat when they grow up.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:06 PM
I love the idea of this mod, thanks so much! There is one small thing that slightly annoys me though, when a teen moves to college and grows up to a young adult, it seems that its decided whether they will get an extra want slot/lock before the want to go to college can be realized which almost always puts them in platinum. So, I have a fresh young adult with a full aspiration meter but no additional want slot. Its not a huge deal, I can add a slot using the SimBlender, I just thought it might be an idea to somehow delay the decision on whether they get an additional slot/lock until after they can be granted the college want when they grow to YAs
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 7:42 PM
@Gabby2805 Slots and locks are added along with the memory about growing up. But the Go to College want is satisfied after it happens. Here's an attempt to change that order: simNopke-goToCollegeWantSatisfiedBeforeGrowingUp. I haven't tested it.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 8:32 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 1st Apr 2023 at 5:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
@Gabby2805 Slots and locks are added along with the memory about growing up. But the Go to College want is satisfied after it happens. Here's an attempt to change that order: simNopke-goToCollegeWantSatisfiedBeforeGrowingUp. I haven't tested it.

Aw wow thank you so much! You're so kind! It works!
Alchemist
#24 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 6:49 AM
HI!
This mod (platinum version) conflicts with TJ's NoFinalsAtNight. It's the Dialog Prim String Set.
Is this a load-order fix, or something worse?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:07 PM
@aelflaed Thanks for your report. If my mod loads last, the dialog generated by TJ's mod will be empty. If TJ's mod loads last, a part about new locks in one of university dialogs will still appear. The second solution makes more sense.
Page 1 of 2