Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Savegame Loading

by QuackGames Posted 4th Apr 2019 at 9:13 PM

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 9:23 PM
Wow, this looks so very useful! Thanks so much for making this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 9:36 PM
Thank you for making mods for this game, we need more people like you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:37 PM
Thanks, this will be useful when I want to start my save file quickly!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:32 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! You have such great ideas
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:04 AM
Mods like this are exactly what the game needs right now, TS3 is about to turn 10 years old and a lot of good modders have already left the community in recent years. Small mods like this make TS3 up to date and easy to get into. Thanks a lot for your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:38 AM
Seus mods são os melhores, lembram muito os mods pro GTA San Andreas que até hoje são criados
que costumam ser funções simples mas que fazem uma grande diferença. Teria como você trabalhar em algumas funções mais avançadas do jogo, como as expansões? Eu sinto que muitas expansões, como a Supernatural, carecem de muito conteúdo, as próprias criaturas adicionadas pela expansão quase não se diferem de Sims humanos tirando o fato estético e um leve buff em alguma(s) skills, e eu sinto que só um scripter conseguiria dar mais vida e jogabilidade interessante Ã* eles.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:19 AM
Dude!!!! This is so useful!!! Thank you!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 11:51 AM
You are the hero we need but don't deserve. Thank you so much for your mods!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:05 PM
thank you very much, this is very useful! Vadish!! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 8:28 PM
This is awesome! Thanks!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 6:35 AM
I’ve been asking for this since Ts2. Why didn’t you do this, EA? Shame on you. Thank you so much Quackgames 🙂
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:58 AM
Epic!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 9:56 AM
Omg!One good mod after another!!
Who are you and what did the sims 3 do to deserve you? XD
Thank you so much , both of your mods awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 1:44 PM
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Gonna try it out right away.
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 6:21 PM
Hi Quackgames, can you confirm if the 'save as' option should still work if your mod automatically chooses the last save game? It doesn't show up in the menu - I prefer to 'Save as' rather than 'save and quit'.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:07 AM
This mod seems to have removed the "Save as" option in the menu...
Scholar
#18 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hankuler
This mod seems to have removed the "Save as" option in the menu...

I've noticed that too, I've taken the mod out and the 'Save As' is back
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I've noticed that too, I've taken the mod out and the 'Save As' is back

Oh poo, I didn't see your comment above mine!
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, my game likes to randomly get nuts so...
I really enjoy this mod nevertheless!
Scholar
#20 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hankuler
Oh poo, I didn't see your comment above mine!
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, my game likes to randomly get nuts so...
I really enjoy this mod nevertheless!

lol. Yes, I love this mod too, it's surprising how the extra seconds it takes to click a save game makes a difference when you don't have to But I do rely on the 'Save As' options for regular backups. I hope QuackGames can add it back or something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:32 AM
Wait what? "Save as" is gone? That's not intended and is definitely a bug, a very weird one at that. I didn't even touch the menu in any way, so I have no idea what could have caused this. I'll see what I can do about that.

EDIT: Does it only happen when the savegame is automatically loaded?
Scholar
#22 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
Wait what? "Save as" is gone? That's not intended and is definitely a bug, a very weird one at that. I didn't even touch the menu in any way, so I have no idea what could have caused this. I'll see what I can do about that.

EDIT: Does it only happen when the savegame is automatically loaded?

Hi QuackGames, yes it only happens then. When I cancel the mod countdown and select a different game, I can 'Save As'.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 10:24 AM Last edited by Woolysmurf : 7th Apr 2019 at 5:52 PM.
I'm having the same missing save as issue as previous posts mention. it acts like I'm saving the game for the very first time (including suggesting the name of the world I'm currently playing as the default name). Have noticed that if I hit save, it doesn't use whatever different name I put in and instead a "lastsavedgame".sims3.backup gets created. If I type in the same name as one of my previously saves use, it gets overwritten and I get the prompt warning me it does as well.

After the first save for each play session, I get the save as option back in the menu, and from there on it seems like it's working normally.

Update: Traveling also seem to trigger the issue even when it's not the first save for the play session, at least time traveling. Lost the "save as" again when returning home from the future, and got it back after saving.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:53 PM
Thank you so much for doing this! It was so much needed!

Like Woolysmurf, I have also that "Save as" issue, only for the first time I save in a game session, then, the "Save as" option is back.

I have also another issue: I can't install any .sim3pack through the Launcher anymore, because it launches the game instead of installing. I have to remove the mod to install the sims3packs.

This said, even with these small issues, I love your mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 7:09 PM
Thank you for this mod. I have been playing with it for the last few days and it has been great! Also a special thank you for making mods for Sims 3.
Page 1 of 2