Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 6542 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Giovanni Braga : 14th Jun 2019 at 8:01 PM.
Default King's Landing in The Sims 3 - Game of Thrones
Hey guys! As a fan of Game of Thrones I would love to play in King's Landing (before S8) and enjoy all the vibe that that city has always given me. And I didn't find anything like it on the internet. Sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian.

So I decided to create this city in CAW. It's a project that should take a few years to complete but I'm very excited. But there are several obstacles.

About the series world itself, there are several inconsistencies. For example, from the S1 to the S7 King's Landing has mountains with some mansions outside the walls, while on the S8 it is just a desert.


There are also several changes between the seasons in Red Keep, Great Sept of Baelor, and the size of the city. So I decided to follow what is best for the world and stayed longer during the show. I will keep the mountains out of town.
I've already started to do the sketch of the world in CAW, my first goal is the Red Keep, because from it I can get a better idea of ​​the size of the world.


But to keep this project alive and get to the end (And maybe, do Winterffel, Hight Garden on other maps) I need a lot of support, it's a big world and very important for many people, there will be a lot of judgment in everything that I show.

My first obstacle is the walls, that is what I would like help now. I am using the walls of Monte Vista, but they don't seem very satisfactory. In the city of the Store there are towers between the connections of the walls, I don't find them anywhere. (I had to download these walls on the internet as well)

My second problem is with the Red Keep. Unfortunately I can't make the castle by itself in a single lot, so I reviewed several photos and reports of the books and divided them into smaller castles, The Throne Room, Maegor's Holdfast...
My real problem is with this last one, where the king and his family lives. It's the highest part of all King's Landing, I used cheats to make it as high as I could, but that's not much, and it's also inaccessible, there's no way to put stairs between floors, is a sacrifice I have made in favor of aesthetics. I accept ideas


For this world I would like to use only expansions and Stuff Packs with objects linked to the theme. Supernatural, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets (for the horses), Movies and Monte Vista.

Soon I will have more details, for now I leave you with sketch of Red Keep. And please, somebody finds a throne better than this, it was the most acceptable that I found.




Again, forgive me for my English, I don't feel safe writing freely for now, there are many terms here that I don't know. And this is the first time that I use a forum, I don't know very well how it works.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:22 AM
Your English is great! No need for any apologies there. I think I am the only person on the planet who has not seen GOT so cannot guide you about it. This sounds like a very ambitious world. Have you done others? My one piece of advice at this point is to not make it so huge that nobody and perhaps you can even play it. There have been some worlds done by very talented folks that they have spent years on, and they have had to be in effect scrapped as unplayable. So be sure to keep that in mind.

We all do CAW differently. I tend to do the world and set the lots but do not do lot builds generally until near the end. Some folks build area by area with great detail. Figure out what works best for you.
Great theme! Hope all goes well. Others who watch GOT can probably give you some great input.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:23 AM
How big did you make this world and what is the heigth restrictions?

You can make the castle much heigher with constrainfloorelevation cheat or cfe for short.

Where didn't you find the tower? In caw metadata? I have recolored the walls and don't really remember what they are called. Perhaps someone else knows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Your English is great! No need for any apologies there. I think I am the only person on the planet who has not seen GOT so cannot guide you about it. This sounds like a very ambitious world. Have you done others? My one piece of advice at this point is to not make it so huge that nobody and perhaps you can even play it. There have been some worlds done by very talented folks that they have spent years on, and they have had to be in effect scrapped as unplayable. So be sure to keep that in mind.

We all do CAW differently. I tend to do the world and set the lots but do not do lot builds generally until near the end. Some folks build area by area with great detail. Figure out what works best for you.
Great theme! Hope all goes well. Others who watch GOT can probably give you some great input.


Hey, daisylee, thank u for the support. Yes, i had already made others worlds a few years ago, and i agree with u, there are a lot of big worlds that u can't even play because of the huge content. And i will follow your adviser and reduce the city a lot, still will looks like the shows one, but smaller.
In the majority of time, i'm like u in ther order to build, but in this case, i need do the castle first, to know the scale of the city arrount it. Again, thank u for the mesage, it's really nice know the someone is listening. Have a nice day!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
How big did you make this world and what is the heigth restrictions?

You can make the castle much heigher with constrainfloorelevation cheat or cfe for short.

Where didn't you find the tower? In caw metadata? I have recolored the walls and don't really remember what they are called. Perhaps someone else knows.


In this first moment i'm doing just the sketch of the city in a large map with 300 height. I haven't decided yet if i will keep it or change for a medium one. And yes, i used 'constrainfloorelevation' to make it as high as I could (not enough, not too bad). Oh, and i realise now, i'm using your version of the walls. Some months ago i researched for the Monte Vista walls, and a I finded yours. Thank u so much for this, they're amazing. In metadata i found three objects, the wall, the retainingwall, and the gate, i don't know if there is a tower of Monte Vista in metadata, i haven't find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 8:56 PM
Default Updates! Great Sept of Baelor
New Update!
Hey, just bringing some updates from King's Landing.
The project goes on, sorry for the lack of news during the last 5 months, let's say that for a Brazilian student, this period is very tense and busy because of ENEM.
Anyway, I bring you now the Great Sepel of Baelor, and surroundings! Not fully finalized yet, I'm working on it. I also put the walls in the city, set the ground and i'm now working on the new castle.




Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 4:24 PM
Omigod!!! I love Game of thrones, and had been hoping someone would decide to recreate Westeros or in your case Kings Landing. Too answer your question, you're right, by the time season 8 came around, the outside of Kings landing was desert. It most certainly wasn't that way in the earlier seasons, so you should probably just chalk that up as one of D & D's inconsistencies. It was shown as green landscape at the entrance when Catelyn and Sir Rodrick Cassell (may he forever rest in the bosom of the old gods) first entered the city to alert Ned of the Lannister treachery. But the good news is there are so many maps that illustrate Westeros and Essos, all you have to do is take your pick.

The World of Ice and Fire book is a great reference book you could use to get a better idea of how to sculpt your world, as well as The Lands of Ice and Fire which is pretty much a book with just maps in it. Good Luck!!
Theorist
#8 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 2:01 AM
Hope you will post some photos for us. If above is supposed to be a link it is not working for me. So glad to hear you are working on this again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsdestroyer
Omigod!!! I love Game of thrones, and had been hoping someone would decide to recreate Westeros or in your case Kings Landing. Too answer your question, you're right, by the time season 8 came around, the outside of Kings landing was desert. It most certainly wasn't that way in the earlier seasons, so you should probably just chalk that up as one of D & D's inconsistencies. It was shown as green landscape at the entrance when Catelyn and Sir Rodrick Cassell (may he forever rest in the bosom of the old gods) first entered the city to alert Ned of the Lannister treachery. But the good news is there are so many maps that illustrate Westeros and Essos, all you have to do is take your pick.

The World of Ice and Fire book is a great reference book you could use to get a better idea of how to sculpt your world, as well as The Lands of Ice and Fire which is pretty much a book with just maps in it. Good Luck!!


Hey! Nice to see a GoT fan here.
When I first published here, I was still reading the first book and just had the main saga.
Now, I am finishing the third book, and I also bought 'Fire and Blood', and most importantly 'The World of Ice and Fire', which has given me great foundation and inspiration for this world in The Sims 3.
I am also following some maps on the internet, but they don't help, as they are based only on books, and the King's Landing that I am creating is much more similar to the series until season six.
I have been watching a few episodes of GoT again to create something quite faithful to the show. I've also been looking for images on the internet and on Google Earth from Dubrovnik, where King's Landing was filmed.

And thanks for the tips, I will watch again the episode you mentioned, sure has a lot to add.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
27th Nov 2019 at 9:14 PM
This message has been deleted by Giovanni Braga.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Hope you will post some photos for us. If above is supposed to be a link it is not working for me. So glad to hear you are working on this again.


Hey daisylee! There were actually some errors when I tried to link the images, it looks like they don't work. But I imagine that as an attachment they should work, I am trying to add the images.
Here are some of the latest images from the world, it's a little bit different now, I've been working at the castle this past week, and it's been pretty hard but I think I'll make it playable. I have also used new textures for houses and buildings in general, making them more real and medieval.
Thank you for your support!





Screenshots
Theorist
#11 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 2:19 AM
I like it! Great progress! Thank you for posting photos for us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2020 at 12:27 AM
Default New Update!
Hey!
It's been a while, but I'm still working on that world. Today I made a video showing you a little bit of the city.
Much remains to be done, but it is taking shape quickly!
https://youtu.be/YP5ofujv4LY
Screenshots
Theorist
#13 Old 24th May 2020 at 8:00 PM
This is coming along so well! Thank you for posting that!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 5:11 AM
Hey. I hope you are all well in this quarantine.
So, someone special convinced me to do a speed build of this project, and I decided to share it with you! Hope you like it
Note that the video is in Portuguese, but I intend to eventually make videos in English for this world when I feel comfortable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4pDrkXTqEU
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 6:40 AM
Good stuff is coming!
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:18 PM
Omg!!!
I've even registered to tell you how happy I am that someone finally decided to create a GOT world cause I've been wanting to play in it for ages! I know that there's one already and it's great, but I'd say it's not as detailed as one would expect... So keep up the good work, I'm soooo excited to see the complete version! And btw, are you planning to include other areas? Like Storm's end/Winterfell/Dragonstone etc?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:07 AM
Wow keep up the great work! Looks fantastic! And seeing as we have dragons in the game.... even better! Now I've got the GoT theme song stuck in my head!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 6:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfed
Omg!!!
I've even registered to tell you how happy I am that someone finally decided to create a GOT world cause I've been wanting to play in it for ages! I know that there's one already and it's great, but I'd say it's not as detailed as one would expect... So keep up the good work, I'm soooo excited to see the complete version! And btw, are you planning to include other areas? Like Storm's end/Winterfell/Dragonstone etc?


Hey!!
I'm so happy that you like it <3
I am sorry for this long delay, I had some issues with the college and I was unable to enter here during this period.
So, I want to make a world for each kingdom. I started with the biggest, King's Landing and the Crownlands. I've been working on this for 1 and a half years. It has really been a very long process, it's a very big city.
But the other worlds will be much smaller, in Winterfell for example, my biggest difficulty will be the castle. There are not so many buildings, just the winter village.
Dorne and the Reach are also on my list of priorities.
Being small worlds, they can be ready in a matter of months, not years!
To follow this project better, you can subscribe to my youtube channel, there is a video already posted here. Feel free to comment wherever you want. There I get a notification, so I'll know if you comment.

I'm sorry again for the delay.
I hope to bring more news soon.
And thank you so much for your support, you have no idea how important it is to me. <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 6:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashley1784
Wow keep up the great work! Looks fantastic! And seeing as we have dragons in the game.... even better! Now I've got the GoT theme song stuck in my head!


Yeah haha we will have dragons on King's Landing! <3
Thank you for your support, it is very important to me. I hope to bring you more news soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 6:42 AM
Hey, stopping by just to give a sign of life haha
I'm taking remote college classes so I had to reduce the frequency of time I worked on King's Landing. (I imagine you know that the situation in Brazil is not very good)

So, here are some small updates! The world is at a slightly more advanced stage than the photos, but you will have a good idea of how it is



This is the new Throne Room (with world advetures tombs)


And this is a very recent view of Red Keep.

I've done a lot more but I don't have any photos saved at the moment. I promise to bring more this week.
At the moment I have been working on the arburization of the outside of the city, which in my opinion has been very good and has given the world a finalized aspect. I also made a village around the map, for those who do not want to live in the city, it is almost ready by the way.

You can better (and more often) follow the advances off the world on my youtube channel. There I receive notification of comments, and I can answer you on the same day: D
https://bityli.com/1eUNF
Thank you very much for all the support you give me, it has helped me to continue with this project. <3
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 8:06 PM
Default New Update!
As I promised, some news from King's Landing!

So, that's the world now, the city seen from above. (As I was in 'Edit in Game' mode right from the Create a World Tool, some of the walls hadn't loaded when I took the picture, but they are there and appear normally during the game.)


And here the afforestation that I had talked about earlier, I think it gives a beautiful aspect of finished to the world. But you can see that there is still a considerable part of the world to be covered with trees. I intend to do that later this month.




And now something that I haven't shown yet, this small village, where your sims can buy houses outside the city and live a country life as peasants. Great place to raise animals and have a good plantation. On weekends you can go to the city to sell your products and earn some money to maintain your little house hahaha




So, that's it for now, I hope you enjoyed this update! I will post here again when I have something new, but don't be scared if I delay appearing again, rest assured that I will continue working in this world. And honestly, I think it's doing really well
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 6:32 AM
Default Big News
Hello again
I bring you new updates from King's Landing!
Finished world texture
Finished afforestation
(Probably) all lots are in place

The world currently has 100 lots (3 less than Sunset Valley)
But the city alone concentrates most of them very closely, this is not a performance problem for me, but maybe it is on low-powered computers.
But 11 of them are just decorative towers for the city wall. If anyone knows a CAW object link that can replace it, I would be very grateful.
I thought of modeling one myself from the Monte Vista gate, but I don't know much about Blender.
Now I will focus on the construction of the lots, and the correction of the existing ones, but the world is already functional. And I imagine that I will reach the last stages soon.

So, here's King's Landing in version 1.13.







So, that's it for now. I hope to bring more news soon.
As always, thank you very much for your support, it's very comforting to know that there are people following this trajectory.
Screenshots
Theorist
#23 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 6:00 AM
LOVE THIS!!!!!! It is going to be amazing!
Inventor
#24 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 10:48 AM
Fantastic work! I wish my TS3 wasn't so fragile. I've given up on that game as it always glitches in a way were it becomes unplayable. There's always a mod that makes my lots blue, and what's TS without them?

Last year I brought my Cersei cosplay to Dubrovnik for photos. I assume you might already have used this as research, but if not here:
https://www.kingslandingdubrovnik.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfoya
Fantastic work! I wish my TS3 wasn't so fragile. I've given up on that game as it always glitches in a way were it becomes unplayable. There's always a mod that makes my lots blue, and what's TS without them?

Last year I brought my Cersei cosplay to Dubrovnik for photos. I assume you might already have used this as research, but if not here:
https://www.kingslandingdubrovnik.com/


Hey malfoya!
First of all, thank you for your support <3

And about your Cersei cosplay on Dubrovnik: THAT'S AMAZING
I would love to see a photo someday. I can imagine how happy you were for doing that!
I want to go there as soon has I can, but this can take a feel years haha

Ah, and thank you about the source of research, i'm already using a lot of material on the internet but i haven't seen this website in a wile, this can help me very mutch!
Thank you again, for everthing <3
Page 1 of 2
Back to top