Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

World of WIPs - All Neighbourhoods Bulldozed

by Teknikah Posted 3rd Jul 2019 at 4:04 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2022 at 4:07 PM by Teknikah

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 7:36 PM
Great plan.. You just saved me a few hours!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM
This isn’t working for me. How do I correctly install the file so it can work?? Does it have to go under Save? Can i put it under Mods? please help
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 9:22 PM
There are maybe four save files in this zip, which one do I use?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cingram114
This isn’t working for me. How do I correctly install the file so it can work?? Does it have to go under Save? Can i put it under Mods? please help

I did put this in the description:
"Install the save files here: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by instantmagic
There are maybe four save files in this zip, which one do I use?

Install all of the files
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
I did put this in the description:
"Install the save files here: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Saves"

I followed the instructions and it still isn’t working I went to load game and I don’t see any save folders. I tried to make a new game but the worlds are still locked no matter what i do
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:56 PM
I followed the instructions and it still isn’t working I went to load game and I don’t see any save folders. I tried to make a new game but the worlds are still locked no matter what i do

Did you install all of the included files? Not just 1 of them for example? And extract them all into the folder?

You should install all of these into your save folder, and then when you click load game from TS4 in-game menu, my file should be there to load.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:29 AM
Did you install all of the included files? Not just 1 of them for example? And extract them all into the folder?

You should install all of these into your save folder, and then when you click load game from TS4 in-game menu, my file should be there to load.

Yes i installed all the files into the saved folder but theres just my saved game there. are there any other mods that might conflict with yours?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 1:43 AM
Thank you for taking the time to make this save!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:04 AM Last edited by Teknikah : 4th Jul 2019 at 6:17 AM.
Yes i installed all the files into the saved folder but theres just my saved game there. are there any other mods that might conflict with yours?

I don't think so. Because this isn't a mod. It's just a save file. I don't know why it won't work for you. Nobody else seems to be having problems :/

I've had a bit of a Google, try what this post says: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...-not-showing-up

Also, I just read back up and in a previous post you said:
tried to make a new game but the worlds are still locked no matter what i do

My file won't unlock worlds you haven't purchased from EA, your game will ignore the extra worlds from my file that you don't own the pack for. They will stay locked. You should be able to just load my file from the in-game load menu and enter any worlds you own, and they should all be empty.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:54 PM

From my view (as a dumb user who is not a sophisticated modder) this is how it works : I unzipped and put the six files into the "saves" folder of my game. Then I launched the game, clicked on Load Game and WORLD OF WIPS was available to load, in my case as the second one in the first row of My Saved Games.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:08 PM
Quick question, was this made with Seasons installed/activated? As in, does this save start in a particular season, or will we be given the option to choose a season to start in upon loading the save?
Edit: Also, you don't need every version of the save file--just the most recent one will get the save in player's games. So in future updates, you can trim down the number of files in the download. (Less room for error that way)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
Quick question, was this made with Seasons installed/activated? As in, does this save start in a particular season, or will we be given the option to choose a season to start in upon loading the save?

Seasons was active, and I believe it's in Summer. I always start saves in Summer. If you want to change it and you're okay with using cheats you can use any of these:
Summer: seasons.set_season 0
Autumn/Fall: seasons.set_season 1
Winter: seasons.set_season 2
Spring: seasons.set_season 3

Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
Edit: Also, you don't need every version of the save file--just the most recent one will get the save in player's games. So in future updates, you can trim down the number of files in the download. (Less room for error that way)

Okay thanks, I included everything because I've never installed nor uploaded a save file before, so wasn't sure which specific file(s) I'd need. Felt like including all was the safest option.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:34 AM
Seasons was active, and I believe it's in Summer. I always start saves in Summer. If you want to change it and you're okay with using cheats you can use any of these:
Summer: seasons.set_season 0
Autumn/Fall: seasons.set_season 1
Winter: seasons.set_season 2
Spring: seasons.set_season 3

Didn't even know we had those cheats, but cool. You may consider disabling Seasons through your launch options next time, since I believe it throws an error message for people without Seasons who try to load the save. Not sure what other issues it causes other than the error message, but it certainly warns that there might be corruptions when I accidentally load a Seasons save with Seasons disabled.

Okay thanks, I included everything because I've never installed nor uploaded a save file before, so wasn't sure which specific file(s) I'd need. Felt like including all was the safest option.

Yep, better safe than sorry! I've done a bit of testing with my own save file upload here on MTS. Definitely backup the files and test it before you delete anything, though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 6:10 PM
Ho provato in tutti i modi ma non funziona, anche togliendo tutte le mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucreziaT
Ho provato in tutti i modi ma non funziona, anche togliendo tutte le mods.

Questo è tradotto da Google:
È necessario inserire questi file nella cartella dei salvataggi.
"Installa tutti i file di salvataggio qui: Documenti> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> Salva"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 4:42 AM
I love, love, love this mod. Thank you very much. Now I can put it the people I want and the houses I want, and everything that I want! Thanks again
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:57 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
This already exists for ages: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/leere-welt/

Sorry, I've never seen that.

I don't speak German so I think it would have been difficult for me to stumble across that when browsing, as the site is in German.
I bulldozed everything for my own use, then thought others might appreciate it too as a time saver. So they don't have to go through bulldozing everything too, so I uploaded it.
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 12:11 PM
Well, @Bienchen...empty worlds are not only offered by you ...I know at least one more creator who offers this as well. And I don't think it will be a problem if other simmers do such a clean safe , too.

No matter, thank you very much Teknikah for your work.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 6:52 PM
I love this,but i cant use the vacation worlds ? The option isnt there, did I do something wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deliadelilah
I love this,but i cant use the vacation worlds ? The option isnt there, did I do something wrong?

This happens because I bulldozed everything.

To have the option to take a vacation you need to - have at least one lot in either or both of the vacation worlds - MAKE SURE IT IS SET AS "Rental" OTHERWISE IT DOESN'T FUNCTION. If using a gallery lot, place it first then change the lot type to "rental"
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:14 AM
Thanks! i assumed that was the problem and i tried placing lots but i didnt make them rental
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 6:24 AM
Thank you for your hard work. This is great.
Page 1 of 4