Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Visitor Notifications

by BraveSim Posted 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:46 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 7:44 AM by BraveSim : Confirmed mod is up to date with latest patch (no re-download needed)

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 9:29 PM
funny thing is sims4 is so dead game when it comes to random visitors I finds myself asking if this mod will be useful, I'd gladly got mod adding more random visits to it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 10:16 PM
Thanks I needed this so much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:40 PM
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOOOOOO much!!!!!!! It's so frustrating not knowing that there are sims at the door because we don't have DOORBELLS!!!!!!! Best. Mod. Ever.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:42 AM
Yes Please!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:05 AM
What a great idea. Just the other day I was wishing for a door bell so I would at least hear my visitors at the door. This is a better solution though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:29 AM
Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:00 AM
Great idea!
those poor visitors would stand at your sim's front door for an hour and then always give up and leave, at the exact moment when you finally notice them
not anymore, they won't. thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:25 AM
not like Sims1. in the Sims4 i never can hear the doorbell. seldom realized there are visitors, except the annoying welcoming wagon.
what a wired dead town. im grateful for this mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 10:45 AM
Thanks this is so useful cause as everyone else say....I hardly ever notice a visitor at the door but now I can
Inventor
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:52 PM
I feel like after installing this mod, my sims are getting much more visitors.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 4:53 PM
I've been wishing for this since the sims 4 first came out! I've been missing the doorbell feature. Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 5:26 PM
LOL I don't ever check the door (in the sims or RL) but this is a really good idea. Thanks! <3 Maybe now I can have my sims make friends without having to travel all over the place lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:26 PM
Thank you thank you EA should had this in the basegame from the get go.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:52 PM
I love this! It works great. So nice to have.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 10:00 PM
Great idea-I always find it amazing when modders find something that was already in the game, but hidden? Why EA?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 5:47 AM
Great idea! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn

Same visitors spawned like crazy without me inviting anyone and I had to remove this mod But, great idea for a mod <3

Nats
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:49 AM Last edited by BraveSim : 24th Jul 2019 at 12:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn

Quote: Originally posted by PrincessNatalie09
Same visitors spawned like crazy without me inviting anyone and I had to remove this mod But, great idea for a mod <3

I'm not even sure how I could look into this. The file I edited has no impact on the number of visitors, it just gives the sims some kind of 60 second cooldown buff (Buff_walkbyNPC_ringDoorbell_cooldown), and I only added in a notification for when it's triggered. I didn't make any changes to the buff or how it's applied to sims. I also haven't noticed any increase in the number of visitors in my own game, so I can't really test it either. I'm very sorry, I just can't think of anything I could possibly do here.

EDIT: ok, I actually did think of one possible cause, just need to do some tests firsts...
EDIT: no luck. I thought perhaps that cooldown buff wasn't applying to sims, but I was able to confirm that it still is applying like it always has
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 1:22 PM
Thaaank you!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 5:35 PM
My male sims love to have guests I think we are missing so many of them w/o notifications.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:56 AM
It's so funny but in my language, Swedish, when someone is at the door the text starts with: "Gå till doktorn" translated to English "Go to the Doctor" and not "Visitor at the door"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coeur
It's so funny but in my language, Swedish, when someone is at the door the text starts with: "Gå till doktorn" translated to English "Go to the Doctor" and not "Visitor at the door"

That's incredibly random, but I uploaded an update that should now read "Besökare vid dörren". If you feel it should be something else, let me know
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 2:17 PM
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Page 1 of 5