Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Deep Conversations

by QuackGames Posted 24th Jul 2019 at 11:08 PM

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:18 AM
This is amazing! I actually thought about something like this! Do you think there could be a way for other people add dialog?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:47 AM
This is perfect for something I was hoping to implement soon. How can I add custom dialogs to this?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:17 AM
What a fantastic mod! I can't wait to try it out! Thank you ))
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:44 AM
I just installed this in my game patched to 1.67 - it works!
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 2:13 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 25th Jul 2019 at 3:01 AM.
The mod works great, it's so fun to actually click on 'Respond' to see what the sim will say next. There is a funny glitch though that affects toddlers, they sometimes stretch when responding lol.
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 3:23 AM
This mod could potentially work great in an English game. My game is in Spanish though. I tried really hard to understand what my Sims were saying but the Spanish was too broken to comprehend. I decided to take a look at the strings and I was shocked to find out it was just pronouns and a few words and phrases. The problem is that English and Spanish are very different when it comes to grammar, verbs and pronouns. There's no real way to fix this because you designed it as some sort of composite of strings.

Even if I replace the translated Spanish strings with the English strings, I will encounter a similar problem as the mod pulls strings from my game in Spanish that don't make sense in that context or have serious grammar mistakes. The only way to use this mod is to change my game's language to English (and then revert it back to Spanish, as some people in my household play on my computer and aren't fluent in English). Sadly, there's no easy way to do this as far as I know, other than going to the registry and changing the language there. I wish there was a quicker way to do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
This mod could potentially work great in an English game. My game is in Spanish though. I tried really hard to understand what my Sims were saying but the Spanish was too broken to comprehend. I decided to take a look at the strings and I was shocked to find out it was just pronouns and a few words and phrases. The problem is that English and Spanish are very different when it comes to grammar, verbs and pronouns. There's no real way to fix this because you designed it as some sort of composite of strings.

Even if I replace the translated Spanish strings with the English strings, I will encounter a similar problem as the mod pulls strings from my game in Spanish that don't make sense in that context or have serious grammar mistakes. The only way to use this mod is to change my game's language to English (and then revert it back to Spanish, as some people in my household play on my computer and aren't fluent in English). Sadly, there's no easy way to do this as far as I know, other than going to the registry and changing the language there. I wish there was a quicker way to do it.

There is a The Sims 3 Language Changer executable that I found somewhere, I don't have the exact link right now, but if you Google it you should find it. It automatically does all the registry changes for you. Try it out!

And I know the mod doesn't interpret other languages very well. Even Portuguese (my native language) is a bit broken on the syntax side of things. I designed it to work the best I could with English. All it does is look for a set of pronouns and try to make the verbs suffix match the first-person suffix of a specific language. This works well in English because the syntax rules are very basic, but it doesn't work very well in other, more complex, languages (such as Spanish). Keep in mind that making a multilingual text interpreter from the ground up is not an easy task. Definitely not one I could have done by myself in a week's time.

On the bright side, all other dialogs that are not associated with the Get to Know interaction should work just fine in any language supported by the game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:54 AM
This looks hilarious, I can't thank you enough for your work, and surely I give it try! I have two questions and please correct me if I'm wrong:
- is it base game only? I mean, the dialogues never reflect or imply personality traits or things that came with EPs, right? So the mod is compatible for everyone.
- this mods the Get to Know interaction only, not the Deep Conversation interaction that pops up among old friends, long term couples, family members etc., right? If I'm not wrong, Get to Know only comes up among new acquaintances and new friends - once they know each other very well, Get to Know disappears from the Friendly options, at least this is how I remember. Does this mod change this?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:43 AM
Fantastic mod, thank you! I look forward to playing with this! :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:11 PM
This mod is really fun but seriously needs some tweaking. For example, I said to my husband I did not want to Woohoo and he proceeded to divorce me because of it. Luckily I had a game saved from before the interaction happened. Very cool mod though. just pretty risky.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:14 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but sounds perfect if you want more insight in the townies, or just conversation that are more than just gibberish.

How well do the stories they tell fit their traits, favorites, life-situation and history? or is it mostly random?

Also, If I've got time, I might do a Dutch translation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
This looks hilarious, I can't thank you enough for your work, and surely I give it try! I have two questions and please correct me if I'm wrong:
- is it base game only? I mean, the dialogues never reflect or imply personality traits or things that came with EPs, right? So the mod is compatible for everyone.
- this mods the Get to Know interaction only, not the Deep Conversation interaction that pops up among old friends, long term couples, family members etc., right? If I'm not wrong, Get to Know only comes up among new acquaintances and new friends - once they know each other very well, Get to Know disappears from the Friendly options, at least this is how I remember. Does this mod change this?

- Yes, it's base game only.
- No, all interactions ranging from friendly, funny, mean to romantic are modded and have a chance of popping up some dialog specific to what kind of interaction it is. It's not just the Get to Know interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:39 PM
Thank! My dream is to get this mod in Russian)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
- Yes, it's base game only.
- No, all interactions ranging from friendly, funny, mean to romantic are modded and have a chance of popping up some dialog specific to what kind of interaction it is. It's not just the Get to Know interaction.

In the future, you won't do something like add-on versions?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:06 PM
Saw this over on Tumblebutt - everyone is talking about it! So, figured I'd try it. Not that my idiot sims have much to say. They be stupid!
But thanks for this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 5:35 PM
This looks impressive! Thank you! Can't wait to try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 6:44 PM
someone started to translate into Russian? I want to start, but I don’t know yet whether or not
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:16 PM
I made an account just to tell you how much I love this mod! Would you consider possibly adding npcs or friends to text you more throughout the day? I was so disappointed with UL not making that feature more usable, but with this mod feeling like it's completely overhauled the way my sims socialize I would just love for that to be a possibility. Either way, thank you so much for this mod you are very talented!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:19 PM
This is actually a pretty cool mod.But for some reason it slows my game down drastically even with it being the only mod in this folder.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:04 PM
Wow, this looks fabulous! It's bothered me since the year 2000 that my sims talk, but there's no actual content.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 10:51 PM
Looks fantastic! Can't wait to give it a try
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 2:14 AM
It's a great concept, although I found some string issues and I am brazilian just like the mod author. Quite odd since the mod was supposed to be perfectly translated to portuguese, but that's not a problem for me since some answers are still understandable. The main issue is the fact that a Sim randomly told me the description of the "On Fire!" moodlet, and when I answered it we both got set on fire like... what?
Not to mention the fact that my sim rejected woohoo and I noticed a overescalation, they divorced!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 3:49 AM
Do you make a The Sims 2 Direct Control Mod unlike the consoles.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 12:37 PM
Arrgh my post was first double and trying to delete 1 I deleted both
My post was : Thank you so much for sharing, I'm on patch 1.67.02 have all Ep, Sp, + all store. Have a motherload of mods and cc and with your mod as well, all played well last night and the mailman who was on a visit sure started to flirt LOL
Page 1 of 4