Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Twins always strike whenever it's least convenient for there to be twins.

With Insiminator (and maybe other mods) you can check to see how many there are and change twins to single (you can do vice versa, too.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Twins always strike whenever it's least convenient for there to be twins.

Sims rule number (random): the smaller or more crowded the house, the larger chance for a multiple birth. The game really likes to do quads, but if you don't have the mod, twins will have to do.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
With Insiminator (and maybe other mods) you can check to see how many there are and change twins to single (you can do vice versa, too.)

I have that functionality on the Sim Blender and the Sim Manipulator, but I've only ever used it to turn a single pregnancy into twins (one sim had Super Fertility so it darn well should have been twins anyway). That was the one time I actually wanted twins...and I had to cheat for it.
Instructor
#29 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 1:42 AM
I always change to single. More than 3 sims is too much for me to handle, and that's with free will off. With it on 4+ would be an unmitigated disaster for my play style.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:05 AM
I roll for child odds - 90 gets twins. 97 triplets, 100 quads.
For parents who already we're twins, triplets, quads, I increase to 80, 93, and 99.

Sim World problems when you can't set the internal odds so it happens automatically because you keep downloading other mods that reset the odds and then the percentage for twins is too high!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:08 AM
Whenever there is (and will be) a blessed event in TT, I hold my breath and buy at least 2 cribs for the expected baby-which sometimes turns from 1 to 2 to triplets and then the ultimate, quadruplets! (and pausing in the middle of cinematics to buy 2 more cribs, and make space somehow for those extra kids you just had!)
Boy, you wouldn't know how relieved I was to know there were 2 couples who had a single child and did not want any more. They were pretty fun. Those quads, though-sheer mayhem...
And I've never changed the number of children. What they rolled, is what they get!
Even pixel life sucks at times...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#32 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 4:51 AM
I'd be overwhelmed by twins. More than that I'd probably panic and abandon the lot, if not the neighborhood. Not that I'd ever download anything that allowed triplets or more. That shit's crazy. One kid at a time is way more than enough.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I had the typical problem of my sims having too much money, especially my poorer sims. My old Broke family was loaded, just because so many sims were working in that household. And their bills were basically nothing--like $100-200, max.

I relate to this so much. Sims 2 bills are very, very low.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 7:46 PM
Okay, this mod requires that mod, and that mod requires this other mod, and this other mod requires this last mod, and I know I have this last mod . . . and no, actually, it's sitting in my folder of stored zips, not in my game download folder, so I don't have it, and the cows are dying and I can't make cheese.

(I love the Sun and Moon mods, but dang, I am bad at getting the entire chain installed correctly together to see if I can make them work. So where is that hay, anyway?)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#35 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I relate to this so much. Sims 2 bills are very, very low.

I was sure I had harder/higher bills at one point but my sim bills are minuscule.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 11:21 PM
This mod makes them pretty high and you can adjust to just how high you want them. One of my favorite mods for challenges.

http://cyjon.net/node/134
Mad Poster
#37 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 11:34 PM
I've looked at that one just recently, but it's way too complicated to be anything I've had before and I'm not sure I want it now. I thought I just had a simple mod I could toss in Downloads and it would make bills higher.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 3:12 AM
I saw that, but with how often I forget to check the mailbox, it'll be easier for the repo man to come if bills arrive 6 days a week.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:31 AM
I've had the repo man show up a bunch of times since installing high bills plus using the insiminator to set limits to skills and not having all my Sims Max their jobs and skills.
Alchemist
#40 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 6:15 AM
Cyjon's Bigger Bills is one of the mods I tried, actually, but I still had problems. Looking back, this is probably because I installed the mod in medias res, instead of at the beginning, or when I first started to play the hood. By the time I installed the mod, I had played the Broke family the most and so Brandi had already renovated her home--new layout, new paint & objects, etc. And she'd already had 10 or so kids (I don't remember the exact number she had in that hood, but I always let her go for 10.) so she didn't need to buy any new baby stuff or furniture. The kids used their older brother's furniture that they'd had when they were little. Which was part of the problem, actually. See, Cyjon's mod bills based on the empty lot value, the value of objects on the lot, and cash on hand. Well, the Brokes didn't live on a very expensive lot and their furnishings were already depreciated. And while bills were high for a while (probably because their cash on hand was high), eventually the bills lowered (probably because their cash on hand lowered.) And while I don't remember the exact total of their bills, I remember being frustrated because they could cover whatever it was quite easily. I had to put bills on some of the highest settings to get them to come close to being a struggling poor family, where they would have to actually work, save, & sacrifice to cover bills. And I supposed that worked, though I don't know how long it would've, because the real problem for me was with my "rich" and "middle class" sims.

These sims--the Goths and the Pleasants and the Burbs, etc.--I hadn't played so often. So when I installed the mod, everything on their home lots was newer and, therefore, they got billed more for it. Also, like I said in my original post, I wanted to renovate their homes. So they spent a lot of money on new layouts, and then any new stuff they bought they got billed for, to the point that these sims were the struggling ones, living mostly paycheck to paycheck, and not really having enough money leftover to continue the types of changes I wanted. Take the Pleasants, for example. I usually completely redo the inside so that it has two masters with their own bathrooms, one for Daniel & Mary-Sure, the other for the Oldies, who I always have move in. Then each girl gets their own bedroom and usually bathroom. Then there is the kitchen and living and dining rooms to renovate and decorate. Then because I like my sims to drive everywhere, they'd need at least 2 cars. All that stuff really adds up and it was hard to get them to have a house that I thought fit their class & status, because any money they did earn got sucked up by bills. I had to lower their bills significantly in order to give them the stuff I thought they should have without saddling them with huge, six-figure loans.

After all that I realized that 1. You either have to give your sims a decorating budget, set their houses up first, or be okay with huge loans. (Which I am not. I just can't help it. ) Then 2. My sims were making the wrong amounts of money for the lifestyles they were living. For my poorer sims, having Maxis jobs and living in smaller houses & lots with cheaper furnishings meant they could get by quite easily, or at least it'd take a string of unfortunate events to prevent them from doing okay. This was also especially true because my poorer sim families tend to have lots of kids, like the Brokes. When a household has a teen or two earning $100 or so a day, each, from a part time job and then at least 2 adult sims earning $300-500 a day each, plus money from chance cards, and reputation rewards, and hobby activities, well, it's a lot. And because of how they're living, that money goes farther than the 2 adult sims in middle class households earning $700-900 or maybe a bit more with their occasional rewards. Which led me to my final conclusion: 3. I have to do a lot more than install a bigger bills mod to create the type of class and wealth structure I want in my game, where the poor stay poor and are struggling, and the rich live comfortably, if not gaining more wealth.

Bills are just a part of the sim wealth "problem." It's also about who gets to do what, who gets to be rewarded and use those rewards, who gets more time, who earns what amount, who gets what opportunities, etc. So like, if I really want poorer sims, not everyone gets to have a huge eggplant garden to get rich from. Maybe farms that size should be considered industrial farming, and non-farming families should only be allowed to grow a small amount, for personal/family use. Maybe everyone doesn't get to be a mechanic and start restoring cars until they're rich. Maybe only those interested in tinkering should, you know, tinker. Similarly, maybe everyone shouldn't be able to start a nightclub and extort their neighbors for every penny in their pockets. Maybe sims should need a license for that. Or at least pay taxes. And maybe "poor" sims shouldn't have automatic access to high paying jobs. Maybe high paying jobs should require expensive degrees and training, things easier for the rich to get and do. And maybe everyone shouldn't be allowed to use the energizer and work 24 hours a day. Maybe sims should buy more clothes, too, instead of using that sweater their great grandfather wore all the time. Cuz maybe 10 kids shouldn't be able to wear the same pajamas and every sim should have a dresser to hold all their stuff. Maybe some sims shouldn't be able to stay at home, either, and should have to leave and find their own place. Or maybe there should be more risks in the game, so sim families not only have a chance to lose a valued wage-earner, but also a chance to lose all their stuff through fire or because of theft. And maybe, before you know it, you've got at least 30 pages of notes to completely restructure your sims' lives and how you play!

So, um, yeah... I guess my sim world problems are a bit different.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
And maybe, before you know it, you've got at least 30 pages of notes to completely restructure your sims' lives and how you play!

According to Google Docs, my logic and sanity notes take up 22 pages, but I've got a separate spreadsheet for keeping track of which sorts of sims are allowed to sell which sort of items. The spreadsheet I believe is complete but the rest is still a work in progress.
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've looked at that one just recently, but it's way too complicated to be anything I've had before and I'm not sure I want it now. I thought I just had a simple mod I could toss in Downloads and it would make bills higher.

How about this bills mod then? It's what you appear to be looking for -
https://modthesims.info/d/532460/custom-bills.html
Instructor
#43 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 9:14 PM
"OK, I just got back from the store. Now where should I put these potato chips and cookies? Well, I guess the fridge is a good place."
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiadog07
How about this bills mod then? It's what you appear to be looking for -
https://modthesims.info/d/532460/custom-bills.html

Oh, excellent! My Sims' bills tend to be around ยง100, so a 500% increase looks to be more in line with real life, I think.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:47 AM Last edited by grammapat : 30th Sep 2019 at 5:59 PM.
Default so what is this thread about?
This thread - which I THOUGHT was to tell about a Sim's stupid problems ("3rd world") from the Sim's point of view. Maybe I was wrong; it seems to have turned into a "where can I find" sort of thing.
============
Here I am standing outside the bathroom waiting for my teenager to get out. HURRY! I have to pee. I'm pregnant and I have to pee BAD! Opps...too late. I forgot we have two other bathrooms. Teenager clogged the toilet so I complain at her, now she hates me. GA! Who made this stinking piss puddle on the floor! If I could find my teenager I would yell at her, but my toddler want's me to read a story. Toddler is about to wet herself, and we are both hungry, but I have to play peek-a-boo. Teenager grabs toddler to feed her but I'm standing in front of the frig wondering what do about starvation. Teen is waiving her arms at me...laa laa laa

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#46 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 7:57 AM
Someone's walking down the stairs already. Guess I'll have to miss school today.

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Field Researcher
#47 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 10:13 PM
TFW you move out of you parents' house and only get 20,000 simoleans and the place you want is 23,000. Guess it's apartment living for a bit...
Mad Poster
#48 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 10:51 PM
Or you just go in and sell all the landscaping and downgrade the expansive walls/floors and boom: you can afford it.
Instructor
#49 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 10:55 PM
I just add enough money through familyfunds to get whatever. I never use those extremely cheap houses. Always over $100,000 and usually when first made over $200,000. Of course, once everyone there is dead or moved out it's cheaper...
Instructor
#50 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 12:12 AM
"Making dinner - oh, I have to clean the counter and sink right now. Hey what's that smell? OMG THE STOVE IS ON FIRE!!!!"

Lucky I don't have this as anymore with free will off, and mods for no cooking fires and MUCH less burning food.
Page 2 of 5