Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glowing Base Game Eyes

by Merkaba Posted 15th Sep 2019 at 7:43 PM - Updated 14th Oct 2019 at 3:45 PM by Merkaba : ADDED GENETICS!

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 9:54 PM
I love glowing eyes as well. I can't wait to start using them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Kyrien : 15th Sep 2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Didn't notice other mods.
I can't overstate my love of glowing eyes. I screamed internally upon seeing this mod.

Edit: Just realised your other glowing eyes have more vampire eyes, so thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 2:22 AM
Love love love these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 4:17 AM
tnks
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 3:40 PM
Is this eyes mod really BGC? I tried to install it, but they don't show up anywhere in CAS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gatea
Is this eyes mod really BGC? I tried to install it, but they don't show up anywhere in CAS.

They are, but even if they weren't they would be showing up either way, as they are stand alones. Are you checking Vamps/Spellcasters/Mermaids? If yes, then try temporarily removing all other CC and test only the eyes package.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Merkaba
They are, but even if they weren't they would be showing up either way, as they are stand alones. Are you checking Vamps/Spellcasters/Mermaids? If yes, then try temporarily removing all other CC and test only the eyes package.

Yes, I was testing this mod on its own. I own only the BG and "Holiday Celebration Pack", would I be still able to check any of the option you mentioned? If so, where I could find them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gatea
Yes, I was testing this mod on its own. I own only the BG and "Holiday Celebration Pack", would I be still able to check any of the option you mentioned? If so, where I could find them?

Oh ok, that's it. They were only enabled for Vampires, Mermaids and Spellcasters. I added a package that has the eyes enabled for human Sims - sorry for my silliness :P
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:04 PM
Oh ok, that's it. They were only enabled for Vampires, Mermaids and Spellcasters. I added a package that has the eyes enabled for human Sims - sorry for my silliness :P

It's ok, mistakes happen. I'll be downloading the right mod now, thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 9:47 AM
Great mod! They look not scary but magical
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Astrael
Any plans on adding versions for toddlers/children? I'd do it myself if I knew how.

It's a hell load of clicking - but here it is, enjoy! Also, I'm thinking of creating a tutorial how to make glowing eyes, but I'd need more free time for this (no promises for now).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Merkaba : 1st Oct 2019 at 7:48 AM. Reason: done!
Quote: Originally posted by Astrael
Wow, thanks! You're awesome! But sadly they don't seem to work genetically since the eyes change to random once they age up.

I didn't know where to begin because I only knew how to make swatches for normal eyes or replace existing ones.

EDIT: Yay, I did it! The genetics now work properly. Now to fix all of my other eyes ;_;

Yes, I know they don't work genetically, because I didn't know how to do that. And now I feel silly, because today I saw there is a tutorial on that on MTS :x I'll try adding the genetics later.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 10:21 PM
It's a hell load of clicking - but here it is, enjoy! Also, I'm thinking of creating a tutorial how to make glowing eyes, but I'd need more free time for this (no promises for now).

I would absolutely be interested in a glowing eye tutorial! Also do you have a link on how to make the genetics work properly? I've been working on an eye pack with over 150 colors and haven't been able to make the genetics work.

Thanks for the awesome mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanette37
I would absolutely be interested in a glowing eye tutorial! Also do you have a link on how to make the genetics work properly? I've been working on an eye pack with over 150 colors and haven't been able to make the genetics work.

Thanks for the awesome mod!

Here's the tutorial that I followed: https://lilleputtu.tumblr.com/post/...stom-eyecolours

As for the tutorial, I would like to get to this but I need more tiiiiime
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 4:00 AM
Here's the tutorial that I followed: https://lilleputtu.tumblr.com/post/...stom-eyecolours

As for the tutorial, I would like to get to this but I need more tiiiiime

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanette37
Thank you!

I found more time and my tutorial is up! Find it here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...1&goto=lastpost
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 2:21 AM
Hey just to let you know there's something going on with the toddler age group. I tried using one of these eye colors for my toddler and any time I would exit CAS they change to one of the base game colors. Figured you should know something like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EspeonLuver93
Hey just to let you know there's something going on with the toddler age group. I tried using one of these eye colors for my toddler and any time I would exit CAS they change to one of the base game colors. Figured you should know something like that.

I've had this issue for a long time now, even with other custom eyes. I guess this is a persisting bug within the game :/
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 1:24 AM
I've had this issue for a long time now, even with other custom eyes. I guess this is a persisting bug within the game :/

Bummer, it's weird though. I haven't had any problems with the other age groups. But I'm not complaining, I am really in love with these eye colors and as long as I get some more eye colors for my occult Sims I'm happy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EspeonLuver93
Bummer, it's weird though. I haven't had any problems with the other age groups. But I'm not complaining, I am really in love with these eye colors and as long as I get some more eye colors for my occult Sims I'm happy.

Hm I just went through a whole week with my twin toddlers and everything was fine, no eye changes (they just aged up to children and the genetics worked too), so no idea why it can sometimes get messed up
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 9:48 PM
Hi, I really love this mod and I don't know if this is the animated glowing one (maybe it's a glitch with other glowing eyes) but this happened https://bit.ly/3rBycDM ...Or maybe it's not your cc but when the March update happened it stopped. Just making sure this is the right cc for the eyes. Sorry to bother you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangopy
Hi, I really love this mod and I don't know if this is the animated glowing one (maybe it's a glitch with other glowing eyes) but this happened https://bit.ly/3rBycDM ...Or maybe it's not your cc but when the March update happened it stopped. Just making sure this is the right cc for the eyes. Sorry to bother you.

Hmm hard to tell, but (one of the following options is true) :
1) these might be my eyes. Reverting back to a 'normal' eye color has been plaguing this game for a long time now though, it happens especially often for kids and toddlers :/ no fix for this for now unfortunately
2) do you mean that they started flashing on and off? that would be really weird
3) they might be a part of Serpentia's set here? ?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 6:55 AM
thanks so much..would be awesome if there is an all in one that all occults and humans can be used..includes the kinds and toddler..
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 1:12 AM
Ok I have to say I LOVE the idea ! And it seems to look good ! I'm just wondering if it would work for CC eyes, like Teanmoon's elderflower, or if there's a way to kinda easily convert them to glowing ?
Page 1 of 2